The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
No Terry. That's cake. Pie is different. You can have both...or there'll be trouble

Yeah but ... the thing about pie is it is irrational .... and if you wish to use that as your denominator ... you best know how to subjugate a surd ... but you can't do that because pie is a transcendental ...

The dilemma Manly faces is the same faced by the Bulldogs when they let go Thurston, Tigers when they let go Tedesco, Cowboys when they let go Ponga, Manly when we let go Gutherson. Its a gamble. Sometimes offering the big money fails such as when the Eels and Bulldogs paid big bucks for Foran.

The question is, can we be sure of Albert Hopoate's future value. Let him go and if he becomes a champion for another club, there's egg on our face. Keep him and he fails on big money and we suffer but only for the years he's contracted.

Contracts at the beginning of a career that are large are a bet on the players future worth, their potential, not on what they show in their first year or even two. Special players have to be seen in that light. Let them go and try to get them back and we have a DCE situation where you have to pay overs, and that's if they decide they werent wanted by that club, why go back. Yes Hopa has had two serious injuries. So had Gutherson when he was let go, and yes Hopa is yet to play a first grade game, but Gutherson only played five at Manly.

The way I see it, some players are worth their weight in gold. They are the players that make things happen. Hopoate and Schuster look in that mould. Sure we can afford two players for how much Hopa will cost, but would you pay twice as much for someone like Ponga or grab two players like Elliott and Taufua for the same price? Who is going to be that X factor that gets you over the line.

I hope Des and Manly's recruitment people look very closely at Hopa's form for the Warriors. If he really looks like being the goods, I'd pay extras for him even at the loss of two back up players

Last edited:
Too many settlers and negative plays around the ruck area and not enough spread out wider has been the biggest problem and reason for the outside backs being staved of some decent ball

Which is why on the 4th tackle, especially when in the oppositions half, forwards like Jake should stay the hell out of it and let the ball get to DCE or Cust at first receiver. Give them a chance to do what they are there to do, make the play by either kicking or spreading the ball. Taking a hit up on the 4th is a waste in your attacking half IMO, especially when attacking the line, unless there is a better than average chance of scoring.

Yeah but ... the thing about pie is it is irrational .... and if you wish to use that as your denominator ... you best know how to subjugate a surd ... but you can't do that because pie is a transcendental ...

That's of course Pi, Woodsie, unless you are referring to that transcending pie I bought up at Pie in The Sky at Cowen recently. Now that was a Pie to Die for.

Did anyone post the announcement from the Warriors?

I feel someone will in the future...

Agreement has been reached with the NRL and both clubs for exciting Manly Warringah Sea Eagles outside back Albert Hopoate to join the Vodafone Warriors on loan for the next four weeks.

Bam!

Nostradamus

Agreement has been reached with the NRL and both clubs for exciting Manly Warringah Sea Eagles outside back Albert Hopoate to join the Vodafone Warriors on loan for the next four weeks.

Bam!

Nostradamus

LOL. Yes 11 pages ago :)

Haha you'd be surprised what I would and have done kevvie... shouldn't you be off praying to your sky fairy on the sabbath?
Could you ask him for a decent Manly team? Oh, and if he could make some milk appear in my fridge that would be handy... I'm out...
Lol. You’re a classic keyboard warrior Frankie Boy...

Bam!

Nostradamus
Hopefully, it becomes a win for both Albert and the Manly club.

So none of the employees or coaching staff at Manly Warringah Football Club talk to anyone outside their group. Never involve themselves in conversations with people who have been around the club for years. They adopt a code of silence. No one at all ever knows anything that goes on in this secret society. Only if good old Smokin Joe knows is it credible.It’s a football club ffs. That’s all they do.. talk footy.

Sounds credible Sherlock.
Thanks for clearing it up for me
The only thing I have said is that I have been told the club has big wraps on Hoppa, is training well and is fit and available... sorry to offend you. It will come down to money as does basically every move in footy these days. Not exactly groundbreaking.

I thought you’d be too busy writing glowing reports about our current backline and the lack of need for youth as we stride towards another title to bother replying.
Never said I know anything,you are the one who likes to tell stories,keep trying to put words in other peoples mouths when you get called out.I have said numerous times that I am not happy about our backline at the moment but you seem to only hear what you want and dribble on constantly.Funny you talking about credibility,when it smells like **** and looks like ****....You don't even seem to be able to follow a conversation or line of thought....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8