The Bad, The Terrible and The Pathetic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Our only consistency is that we consistently throw up dogsht performances like that every couple of weeks. 6 hideous out of the 7 losses. I'm not seeing anything different from the last 10 years of failure and mediocrity. Only 1 season , 2021, where we looked competative and you felt we could win but even then we couldn't get close to any of the other top 4 teams. Tonight just proves once again we are nowhere near the top teams and highly doubtful now that we'll get into the 8.

There was a distinct lack of effort tonight against a team who simply wanted it much more.

It is frustrating to see the team wilt when we lose out best 2 players and when you watched them play tonight, they were totally lost against a team also without key players.

We need to see some consistency develop and tonight is a great example of how badly they failed.

At least now Blacktown are starting to fire and there are guys there who will deserve a chance in first grade if this form is repeated!

There was a distinct lack of effort tonight against a team who simply wanted it much more.

It is frustrating to see the team wilt when we lose out best 2 players and when you watched them play tonight, they were totally lost against a team also without key players.

We need to see some consistency develop and tonight is a great example of how badly they failed.

At least now Blacktown are starting to fire and there are guys there who will deserve a chance in first grade if this form is repeated!
You will still get the doubters who think its best to keep the same team week in week out, and its too risky to give BWSE players a crack at first grade.

We wouldn't have won still but this is why we need players like Vaega and Gordy in the side. Leader types or ones who have that cocky arrogance that can inspire. Ones who get pumped up and can pump up his side. Gordy and Varga have that in spades. We have too many big softys. Too many big players with zero aggression. We need an enforcer. Watmough like. Kennedy. Too many of our players just hide..it's pathetic.

The pathetic performance underlines how reliant we are on DCE and a firing Turbo.
All those who knock DCE for his captaincy, leadership and ability should give themselves uppercuts.

Do you think that if both sides had their Origin players back, that we'd win that match today?

I have my doubts...

The pathetic performance underlines how reliant we are on DCE and a firing Turbo.
All those who knock DCE for his captaincy, leadership and ability should give themselves uppercuts.
Yes we are nothing without the big 3

Its a double edged sword. We are too reliant on them, which is why we wont win a premiership while DCE is at the club. I truly believe we will have better days if Latu Fainu and GCKT develops and gets fast tracked into first grade. Once DCE is gone, Id expect Fainu to fill the 7 spot.
A spine of Turbo , Schu , Fainu and GCKT is our best hope.

Why can parra play without there halves & we can’t.We’re nothing without dce yet parra went ok without moses.
Because Gutho is always there. Its a huge advantage when your fullback is always there because your defence is directed by your fullback and if they are as good as gutho then they direct your attack too. We have a Fullback who is trying to adjust to being a 1st grader let alone game manage anything, add to that we had zero direction from our halves in game management. Croker heart of a lion but defended himself to a standstill which is a problem because he offers very little in attack to begin with. Arthur was dreadful and has no organising or presence and unfortunately proved tonight why Parra fans gave him such a hard time and that Parra was right to move him on, they knew they would smash him tonight and Brad Arthur knew how to pull the poor kid's game apart, he probably just confined his sons career to the reserve grade dust bin, well done Brad. Schuster will always be the sprinkles on top of fairy bread but don't expect him to be the bread or the butter, we need more bread and butter toilers in the middle to compliment the sprinkles not just sprinkles on a plate. In short we have no Top class middle forwards other than Jake T & Paseka. Keppie and Toff would be ok with better players around them but Woods, Aloiai, Bullimore, Lawton, Tualagi & Condon are moneyball signings that are hot garbage. We needed to go for guys like Mark Nicholls, Tom Flegler or even Spencer Leniu we need genuine hard workers and game breakers and an enforcer not a plastic enforcer like Aloiai who's enforcing involves crowding a play the ball. Ola is outstanding & Fainu is coming along well so no issue on the edges if the middle has starch. If we manage to sign 2 1st class middle forwards with our backs we will win a premiership.

We wouldn't have won still but this is why we need players like Vaega and Gordy in the side. Leader types or ones who have that cocky arrogance that can inspire. Ones who get pumped up and can pump up his side. Gordy and Varga have that in spades. We have too many big softys. Too many big players with zero aggression. We need an enforcer. Watmough like. Kennedy. Too many of our players just hide..it's pathetic.

Do you think Vaega is any better in the air than Tui? He certainly has a little more aggression, however he has plenty of mistakes in him as well.

Our only consistency is that we consistently throw up dogsht performances like that every couple of weeks. 6 hideous out of the 7 losses. I'm not seeing anything different from the last 10 years of failure and mediocrity. Only 1 season , 2021, where we looked competative and you felt we could win but even then we couldn't get close to any of the other top 4 teams. Tonight just proves once again we are nowhere near the top teams and highly doubtful now that we'll get into the 8.
Its our Middle we need 2 x 1st class middle forwards

Because Gutho is always there. Its a huge advantage when your fullback is always there because your defence is directed by your fullback and if they are as good as gutho then they direct your attack too. We have a Fullback who is trying to adjust to being a 1st grader let alone game manage anything, add to that we had zero direction from our halves in game management. Croker heart of a lion but defended himself to a standstill which is a problem because he offers very little in attack to begin with. Arthur was dreadful and has no organising or presence and unfortunately proved tonight why Parra fans gave him such a hard time and that Parra was right to move him on, they knew they would smash him tonight and Brad Arthur knew how to pull the poor kid's game apart, he probably just confined his sons career to the reserve grade dust bin, well done Brad. Schuster will always be the sprinkles on top of fairy bread but don't expect him to be the bread or the butter, we need more bread and butter toilers in the middle to compliment the sprinkles not just sprinkles on a plate. In short we have no Top class middle forwards other than Jake T & Paseka. Keppie and Toff would be ok with better players around them but Woods, Aloiai, Bullimore, Lawton, Tualagi & Condon are moneyball signings that are hot garbage. We needed to go for guys like Mark Nicholls, Tom Flegler or even Spencer Leniu we need genuine hard workers and game breakers and an enforcer not a plastic enforcer like Aloiai who's enforcing involves crowding a play the ball. Ola is outstanding & Fainu is coming along well so no issue on the edges if the middle has starch. If we manage to sign 2 1st class middle forwards with our backs we will win a premiership.
Jay Z Applause GIF

I disagee to put Bullimore in that category, but apart from that point I agree with most of what you say.

We need to do the basics like :

Holding onto the ball

Run up fast in a straight line in defense

Pressure the kicker when they are in our half

Catch the ball when it's kicked to you

Pass the ball in front of the player you are passing to, not behind

run hard

All this is coached in under 6's and above.
We did all of these things pathetically tonight. Basic repeatable skills are poor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10