The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
4-234

Commentators were saying that the pitch has 'gone flat' so Aust are throwing down the short stuff.

May be working as they've picked up 2 reasonably quick wickets.

Lyon still off.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
4-234

Commentators were saying that the pitch has 'gone flat' so Aust are throwing down the short stuff.

May be working as they've picked up 2 reasonably quick wickets.

Lyon still off.

Calf injury not good news. Soap dodgers right back in this one. They jinxed him saying it was his 100th consecutive test.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Got a feeling Stokes and Brook will be setting themselves up for a long stay at the crease. 138 behind, another great finish coming up.

Uk eagle

Bencher
Better put the lemonade on ice, this match could go down to the wire
And that's what you want to see in ashes (or any test match) cricket. Matches slowly petering out to a draw over 5 days is boring. One side having an easy win inside 4 days isn't good to watch, especially when you can see what the result is likely to be after the first innings. A close series between two evenly matched sides with the events unfolding slowly and then swaying one way or the other inside a couple of good overs is what makes it a thrilling spectacle

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
England have had the best of the conditions so far, and 400 in the first innings showed great application by our batsman (especially Smith). I had feared we would be rolled for half that given we normally crap ourselves when the ball slight moves.

Losing Lyon would be a huge loss, but with Marnus (he bowled offies in county cricket earlier this year, as well as his leggies), Head and Smith, we have a little bit of cover. The bowling attacks are now not too dissimilar - 4 quicks and part time spinners.

Plenty of twists and turns to come, I suspect.

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good morning today for the Aussies.

Not sounding so good though for Nathan Lyon. Can we win without him?

Travis Head could be handy. Nice couple of wickets for him today.

Listening to Kevin Pietersen just reinforces how much I miss Richie Benaud and co.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
What do we need to win? Without Lyon we probably need more time. If we could set them 450 with 4 sessions left we would get to see how committed to Baz ball they really are.

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What do we need to win? Without Lyon we probably need more time. If we could set them 450 with 4 sessions left we would get to see how committed to Baz ball they really are.
450 at least I think. Just takes one decent partnership in their second innings and they'd get close to that.

Plus it would be nice to crush them 🙂

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
All the Eng wickets seem to fall when I'm asleep.
Boo.

1-67 in reply so far.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
2- 130

rain stops play.

commentators saying it's a good effort from Aust seeing as they've had the worst of the batting conditions all game.

lead of 221

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
ok...an interesting day.

Aust batters should feel a bit ashamed that lyon, on one leg had to come out and bat. It could've been good eng bowling or aust throwing away their wickets but either way...you have to knuckle down...it's the ashes!

Then aust make a great start...4-42 then bowl a bit of rubbish.

But the most annoying thing was...Starc's very good catch followed by an unnecessary and ****ing arrogant slide the ball along the ground.

reviewed and 'not out' for duckett - the guy who is on 50. fmd that was just a huge load of b/s. The 'what' stupid ass surprised look they all gave was just as childish.

yeah...you caught the ball... but you were falling to the ground but decided to use the ball to break your fall.

ah...you'll all see it, but it's that b/s that really friggen annoys me.

&^)&^)%$#%^(&^)%&#^^&()^%&^#^()(&

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
128 runs to go, 1 recognised batter left. I should be able to go to bed confident. This has a very strange feeling to it. So much random stuff happening. I just can't look away.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
128 runs to go, 1 recognised batter left. I should be able to go to bed confident. This has a very strange feeling to it. So much random stuff happening. I just can't look away.
That was a disastrous 1st session. It's like they have learned nothing from the last time Stokes bashed the cr*p out of us to win a Test.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18