The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Meowwolf GIF by PIZZA PALS PLAYZONE

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How good was that. So much for all the whinging about Cummins negative tactics Day 1. If he keeps field up and Poms score another 50 or 60 extra runs before declaration we probably lose that game. Turned out to be good captaincy. And then to lead the way in that run chase at the end to close it out, that was ice cold.

Being an Aussie it's no surprise that I'm no fan of the Poms, but seriously it's hard to find one player in their side that is even remotely likeable. Maybe Moeen. So happy Bairstow had a shocker behind the stumps, he is such a flog.

1-0 lead is huge. Surely Smith and Marnus are due runs next week.Lords test should be a good un. There's got to be a bit more in that wicket to give the bowlers a sniff.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cracking game that one, I think the aggression with the bat is the POMS best chance of winning a game, the line and length of the Bendy Bullet, Boland and Cummins is very good.

Watching it yesterday the momentum changed when Cummins and Carey started playing some shots and going after the bowling, the middle order was timid and defensive with their approach.

The big question for the POMS is their bowlers backing up with four tests to play, Anderson, Robinson and now Moen have underlying problems.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Game 2 day one done and dusted.

Head was going great guns until a brain fade on 77 got him stumped.

5-339 at stumps. 300 in a day is not bad... 5 wickets (2 going to root.. not so much.)

Bing bang boom.

Also well done to the Aust womens team in their test win over Eng. We got a lot of coverage over here and it was quite a good match!

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Take 5 down for 350 odd after being sent in. Could have been 3 for except head and green had brain fades at end. should be able to get another 100runs if smith stays in. 450 in first innings will win you most games. Didn’t see much bazball today - stokes didn’t come up with anything exciting.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Game 2 day one done and dusted.

Head was going great guns until a brain fade on 77 got him stumped.

5-339 at stumps. 300 in a day is not bad... 5 wickets (2 going to root.. not so much.)

Bing bang boom.

Also well done to the Aust womens team in their test win over Eng. We got a lot of coverage over here and it was quite a good match!
Yeah, they definitely need to keep women's Tests at 5 days from now on.

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yet another century for Smith. Amazing that he has nearly as many 100s as 50s.

Unusual no wickets for Anderson and Broad on day 1. Not as dominant as they once were.

Uk eagle

Bencher
Australia will still be favourites but must be disappointed not to have at least another 50 runs on the board, just over 400 leaves any result still possible

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well...1-145 at tea and Boland must be giving a lot of side-eye to the selectors.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How safe is Green in the side?

Put aside the fact he always looks perpetually surprised when playing for Australia, like he's scared that at any moment someone is going to point and say 'hey, you're not a cricketer, you're the bar-tender.'

I don't see enough of him to make a call, just seems ... ineffective (?)

meh, maybe I'm grumbling as I want another wicket sometime this innings!

He's probably ok

yeah

ok

carry on,nothing to see here

(espec if yer an Aust fan, lol)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Nathan Lyon has gone off limping!!!!!

Hopefully it's nothing serious as Cummings can't bowl from both ends!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How safe is Green in the side?

Put aside the fact he always looks perpetually surprised when playing for Australia, like he's scared that at any moment someone is going to point and say 'hey, you're not a cricketer, you're the bar-tender.'

I don't see enough of him to make a call, just seems ... ineffective (?)

meh, maybe I'm grumbling as I want another wicket sometime this innings!

He's probably ok

yeah

ok

carry on,nothing to see here

(espec if yer an Aust fan, lol)

This aged well, lol.

Green gets a wicket from Pope who slogged a shot and was caught by Smith on the boundary.

(not a good shot tbh)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And he would have had Root out but it was a no ball...for ****s sake.

i'M A PrOfEsSiOnal cRiCKetEr...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16