The Anthony Seibold Grievances MEGA THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ryan

Journey Man
we are 11th and exactly where we should be
Jen I think the ladder is doing is favours tbh. This roster is aged, slow, lacking, injury prone, soft and has a losing culture ingrained.

And it's not their fault either - they are who they are, and every roster can carry a few of those types. But we've built with far too many of the same types of plods.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I love Manly, I’m proud of my club and thought the team put in a good effort tonight. There’s a reason we were rank outsiders. I didn’t think we were much of chance all week due to injury, suspension and Origin, so why would I suddenly be angry and disappointed when the game arguably went better than I expected?

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
If he goes to a team like The Panthers to replace Luai , it'll be worse than Gutherson, JWH and everyone else.

For the second week in a row , Humphreys tore it up in lower grades too.
Because this club is now in the basketcase doldrums run by a bunch of clueless cu*ts who think that their politically correct drivel is all that matters in this woke vanilla bland age.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Who the fuk puts a winger at #6. Fuk me what is the point of having 2nd grade team to have players ready to fill positions. Seibold is a fuking clueless gorm.
Didn’t Matt geyer win a GF playing 6 and he was a winger.

I’m not disputing your point re Talau. This just came to me when I read your post. Might be wrong in that tho.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's called toxic positivity mate, and most of the fanbase have accepted, promote and celebrate it now.

I was told this week by a numpty here, celebrating and being happy after a loss "is where it's at".

So I've basically given up now. No-one seems to care anymore. There were some in the GameDay thread talking about how proud they were and how everyone else should be too.

People's standards are in their arses these days. Sorry.
I don’t think anyone was “ proud “ rather there was the expectations ( for good reason ) that we would lose, and personally I felt that given the players we had there was never a chance we would win ( and we didn’t ).

But , whilst South’s had a couple out they were largely intact and our bits a pieces side held them to 8-0 until the last few minutes and whilst we were terribly clunky they never gave up trying.

There were a few highlights , I thought Schoupp did ok , Navale I thought did really well and Simpkins looks to be a keeper.

If that’s being “ proud “ then I’m guilty as charged.

Ryan

Journey Man
Because this club is now in the basketcase doldrums run by a bunch of clueless cu*ts who think that their politically correct drivel is all that matters in this woke vanilla bland age.
Our recruitment and retention are currently scouring the NRL for an ageing, injury prone player currently on the outer with one of the bottom three clubs as DCE's understudy !!

Hahahaha.

Pepi

Bencher
Didn’t Matt geyer win a GF playing 6 and he was a winger.

I’m not disputing your point re Talau. This just came to me when I read your post. Might be wrong in that tho.
Talau was a very good 6 coming through the juniors. I think he may have even made rep teams in that position. I don't think he was the pick for 5/8 tonight, but he's not new to the position.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don’t think many contributors on this site thought Manly were going to win judging by the percentage of people that tipped the Vermin.

Attachments

• IMG_5794.jpeg
    IMG_5794.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 11

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Our recruitment and retention are currently scouring the NRL for an ageing, injury prone player currently on the outer with one of the bottom three clubs as DCE's understudy !!

Hahahaha.
Mate I'm so sick of the one week heros next week chumps sh*t that we get served up repeatedly. When is this club going to get it's sh*t together and get professional

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Why was he named on the extended bench then?

Perhaps the coach didn’t want to throw him to the wolves, against players like ‘Phantom’ Walker and Jack Blackon.
When would he ever be played then if not tonight? It was the perfect opportunity with nothing to lose, IMO… IF we are actually genuine about seeing him as a FG future option.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
I love Manly, I’m proud of my club and thought the team put in a good effort tonight. There’s a reason we were rank outsiders. I didn’t think we were much of chance all week due to injury, suspension and Origin, so why would I suddenly be angry and disappointed when the game arguably went better than I expected?
Nearly $3 outsiders come kickoff. There’s a reason for that.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He's the typical textbook coach. Trained how to give feedback based on how not to upset people.

We need more Investigations, doors ripped of change rooms, Cement trucks running over refs....we need that Manly passion back!
I wouldn’t say that there is any lack of passion in the coaching staff.

Poor behaviour is not an excuse for passion.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why was he named on the extended bench then?

Perhaps the coach didn’t want to throw him to the wolves, against players like ‘Phantom’ Walker and Jack Wighton.

If we were ever going to play him, tonight was the night, at least at #14.

I'm confused why we didn't, and my most logical answer is that the coach and his staff clearly don't rate him.

They are clearly not shy in handing out debuts, unlike our previous coach.

Ryan

Journey Man
I don’t think anyone was “ proud “ rather there was the expectations ( for good reason ) that we would lose, and personally I felt that given the players we had there was never a chance we would win ( and we didn’t ).

But , whilst South’s had a couple out they were largely intact and our bits a pieces side held them to 8-0 until the last few minutes and whilst we were terribly clunky they never gave up trying.

There were a few highlights , I thought Schoupp did ok , Navale I thought did really well and Simpkins looks to be a keeper.

If that’s being “ proud “ then I’m guilty as charged.
Each to their own matw, you're entitled to feel that way. I personally don't understand it, because there's no prizes for second in a game of rugby league. Participation awards tend to disappear after primary school.

A decade of averaging bordering 11th. Ooof.

Anyways, I wish I felt like you do after losses. Like I said, some guy said this week, being happy after we keep losing is where it's at. Pretty sure you even liked his post.

So that zest and spark is disappearing. Just seems no-one cares anymore, and apathy to losing is the only way now (or your labelled negative, and the reason people avoid the site). Best to just say nothing, grin and have a laugh as we slump again to winning less than half our games.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I prefer to lose a low scoring game than get 40-50 put on us. How many other clubs in the game win that tonight with so many injured, suspended or on rep duty?
The Preference Perspective
We should never have any preference for loses
No loss big or small rewards you with 2 points
We can keep losing by low scores all year and that wont help us make the finals

Every game is Winnable and Every team goes out to win every game inspired by every winnable team selection and every winnable game plan
No game is impossible to win especially when you play teams that are not world beaters like Souths

The Impossible is Possible and it has been done and this is the Benchmark of Greatness

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 7 8 -47 18