• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Weighing up the options and nailing your Choice is also footy. There was no excuse not to throw that pass. It was the percentage play. Halfbacks, captains and marquee players are anointed on knowing the percentage play. That’s footy too.

still, we can add “that’s footy” to all the other excuses/rationalisations/free passes given to cherry
He saved a try as well with the tackle of the game. It was an absolute ripper, five metres out, on a big forward no less. So, We have 1 try scored, 1 try assist, 1 try saved, 1 try blown.

Good thing he played.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Horsehead is from the Shire, love the Sharks and absolutely hates Manly with a passion. Will never get any 50/50 with him in charge.

Horsehead was the one who also ruled that Siro wasn't interfered with last week against Cronulla.

Twice Manly players have been clear cut interfered with in two weeks, and twice Horsehead in the bunker has basically said "move along, nothing to see here".

TBH I was actually very surprised that DCE's captains challenge on his knock on was successful. No way did Cherry lose that ball and the right call was surprisingly made. But I fully expected Horsehead to agree with those clowns on 9 (Sterling and of course the Newcastle loving Johns who claimed it was a clear knock on because somehow they could see what no one else did - separation) and rule a knock on. When he ruled in our favour I was very surprised.

Has anyone ever noticed how MLB team managers often live to a ripe old age? You'd think they have a high stress job which would knock them all off with heart attacks in their mid-50s. And yeah they do have a high stress job, but there is something they can do which helps relieve some of that stress.

When they think an umpire gets a call wrong, they usually rush out on the field and give the ump a piece of their mind. Sure it can often see the manager ejected from the game if the ump thinks they take it too far, and in my lifetime I can actually remember a coach sent off because Bill Harrigan gave Phil Gould his marching orders one night in 1994 at Endeavor. But what a stress relief it would be to allow coaches to give refs a piece of their mind. I think we should allow that in the NRL.

Ha! Can you imagine if that was allowed when Tooves or Bozo were coaching??? It would have been a blood bath :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
It was 50/50 at best.

It wasn't a robbery like the Parramatta call, but like that game, we got ourselves into that position by not playing to our potential for large periods of the match.

cough cough ... push in the back ... cough cough.

Sorry but that is a penalty every day of the week. When going for the ball, players can shoulder their opposition out of the way. That's fair, that's allowed. Pushing a player out of the way with the hands is not allowed, and that is exactly what Horsehead let Best get away with, a clear cut push in the back.

I don't usually agree with Braith Anasta. In general I think for an ex player, the guy is an idiot. But on this one he is 100% correct. We got screwed.

Last edited:
Weighing up the options and nailing your Choice is also footy. There was no excuse not to throw that pass. It was the percentage play. Halfbacks, captains and marquee players are anointed on knowing the percentage play. That’s footy too.

still, we can add “that’s footy” to all the other excuses/rationalisations/free passes given to cherry

Go back and look at the replay, Fitzgibbon was right there between DCE and Funa. If Cherry passes it, its a possible interception and likely a score at the other end.

I dunno, we each have our opinions but mine is the pass was never on given where the Knights back rower was and Cherry made the right call in not passing.

Maxwell has to be fired. He is the most influential referee in our game and is either strongly biased or totally inept. He makes inexplicable decisions in every single game he administers. Why is he allowed to continue doing this?

Are the people charged with running the game freakin' blind? The only other explanation does not belong in our game.

Yes penalty agree but seriously did we even look like scoring before that.Parra would have put a number on Newcastle tonigh.Game should have been put to bed before that.
We had tries to DCE & Cust disallowed....had the opportunity to score a couple more so can’t really say we were outplayed! The Knights were greatly assisted by some dubious ref calls & bunker calls. With Tom & Walker we would have hammered them!

Mate, we were the better side by far. Took some amazing try savers on their line to prevent us from winning. We completely dominated field position and line breaks, just could not polish it. Completely nullified Newcastle's attack. They are sitting 4 now Newcastle.

A couple of weeks is huge in the NRL, a few sides above us could lose and we could win and we would be in top 4. We win today (which we should have,) and were robbed against parra and we would E in outright 3rd only 2 points off first!

Still a long way to go. We will make the 8, I just want to get their full strength no injuries and then be playing our best footy.
Simon don’t forget we had 2 tries disallowed to DCE & Cust!!!! Had opportunity to score more & I feel we outplayed them. Some dubious decisions also stopped our momentum. The Knights were lucky to get away with the win To be honest!

We basically lost an almost un-losable game yesterday when they had 2 backs off the field early - Ponga off the field late and we had all the ball in 2nd half - the game was totally set up for us to finish over the top of them. But we couldn't do it. Disappointing.

Our last tackle options are deplorable and our basic shape in attack all year has been non existant. The effort is there I can't deny that, and that is almost getting us home most weeks. We have good enough players, but we are like a team playing with both hands tied behind its back.

We are without Tom and DCE playing the worst footy I've ever seen him. It's like we are missing both.

Twice ****ed in the arse by refs at the death now.

4 points down the drain

Top 4 done.
Try top 8
Dragons eels Cowboys Next three weeks
we lose all three which with how we are playing is a real possibility and probably having no AFB you can kiss finals goodbye.
I want us playing finals but won’t be happening this year

We basically lost an almost un-losable game yesterday when they had 2 backs off the field early - Ponga off the field late and we had all the ball in 2nd half - the game was totally set up for us to finish over the top of them. But we couldn't do it. Disappointing.

Our last tackle options are deplorable and our basic shape in attack all year has been non existant. The effort is there I can't deny that, and that is almost getting us home most weeks. We have good enough players, but we are like a team playing with both hands tied behind its back.

We are without Tom and DCE playing the worst footy I've ever seen him. It's like we are missing both.
The last tackle options were actually much improved on previous weeks, and a step in the right direction. 3 or 4 very good spiral bombs. 2 resulted in disallowed tries. Another was knocked on by pongs and we had 6 again on their line. Then cust passed it to harbord rd on tackle 1 unfortunately.

We basically lost an almost un-losable game yesterday when they had 2 backs off the field early - Ponga off the field late and we had all the ball in 2nd half - the game was totally set up for us to finish over the top of them. But we couldn't do it. Disappointing
Arguably if the right decision was made by officials at the death we may well have "finished over the top of them" just saying

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4