• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have said it before and I will say it again, Horsehead is from the Shire, love the Sharks and absolutely hates Manly with a passion. Will never get any 50/50 with him in charge.
Gets around like a real pest too by many accounts, some of the tales I’ve heard are truly vomit inducing.

Yeah, but you always think we are terrible, even when we win. Have you played the game, even at a park footy C grade level? It’s a high impact, contact sport unlike any other, and we are missing three of our run on spine in Walker (who sh1ts all over Croker in attack, which can be your only gripe because our defence was excellent) Turbo and Fainu. We also received another fetid assh0le of a call at the end.

I will admit to getting emotional in real time game day threads but I’ve been trying to balance that better this year. Monday through Friday I think I’m constructively critical and always hoping manly put it together as I can see our potential.
But I’m also not an apologist or a johnnie Cochran, defending the indefensible. We have a great nucleus of a team, but we are inconsistent, lazy, lack urgency and fade in and out games, we also have a lot of players coasting and not striving to play better.

and yes, I played league and union into my late 20s, and went to a very famous rugby league school, I’ve completed my coaching and referee certificates, you?

And while I am at it what’s the bet AFB gets a month and BJ from the Tigers gets a week
BJ gets a fine and AFB 6 weeks ,seems only fair goes along with the riip off against the eels and todays debacle .Fuking disgusting

Atkins sent the call to the video ref for "A possible penalty try, if not a penalty for the push".

Video ref then decides that the push is fine, so no penalty and no penalty try. That's not what the ref asked you to check...

Penalty every day of the week (except Sundays, evidently).

Last edited:
I will admit to getting emotional in real time game day threads but I’ve been trying to balance that better this year. Monday through Friday I think I’m constructively critical and always hoping manly put it together as I can see our potential.
I’ve noticed the balance lately, @joeboy. Unlike others who just turn up to throw crap. You just come across as a glass is half empty kind of guy - and that’s ok.

I’ve noticed the balance lately, @joeboy. Unlike others who just turn up to throw crap. You just come across as a glass is half empty kind of guy - and that’s ok.

ha, thanks, I’m really not negative, but I look forward to the footy so much and I take it to heart when I see things happening that shouldn’t be as regularly as they do.

I’ve been here for years and it’s an outlet from the stresses of work/life/parenthood. Sometimes it spills over! It’s cause I care and there is a middle ground somewhere between me and the people who just accept when we are crap or players play crap.

Serious injuries to key players and an unbelievable number of diabolical referee / bunker decisions have cost us over the last few years now, but in all reality we are not playing consistently well enough to be a premiership threat this year. End of story.

But I’m also not an apologist or a johnnie Cochran, defending the indefensible. We have a great nucleus of a team, but we are inconsistent, lazy, lack urgency and fade in and out games, we also have a lot of players coasting and not striving to play better.

and yes, I played league and union into my late 20s, and went to a very famous rugby league school, I’ve completed my coaching and referee certificates, you?
I only played league and union at rub your face in the mud, low grade levels. But it was always a tonne of fun, and a cat was always got treated like a cat!
I went to high school with Ben Alexander and Brad Fittler (got absolutely sh1tfaced at his 18th at the Henry Lawson Club.) the great Dessie Hasler was school captain (Before I attended.) I had the privilege of being smashed on the golf courses of Leonay by the Stacker Boys when their father Len was the Penrith Coach. Got dragged out to Bowral when Paul Langmack’s brother Peter was the captain/coach, and sat between Kevin Dann and Darryl Brohman at the back of the bus on the way home from North Sydney Oval. I cluld go on, but who really cares?

My point is that you have a lot to say about the boys, and much of it comes across like a tantrum. To me at least.

Last edited:
It was 50/50 at best.

It wasn't a robbery like the Parramatta call, but like that game, we got ourselves into that position by not playing to our potential for large periods of the match.

I only played league and union at rub your face in the mud, low grade levels. But it was always a tonne of fun, and cat was always got treated like a cat!
I went to high school with Ben Alexander and Brad Fittler (got absolutely sh1tfaced at his 18th at the Henry Lawson Club.) the great Dessie Hasler was school captain (Before I attended.) I had the privilege of being smashed on the golf courses of Leonay by the Stacker Boys when their father Len was the Penrith Coach, got dragged out to Bowral when Paul Langmack’s brother Peter was the captain/coach, and sat between Kevin Dann and Darryl Brohman at the back of the bus on the way home from North Sydney Oval. I cluld go on, but who cares?

My point is that you have a lot to say about the boys, and much of it comes across like a tantrum. To me at least.

you are right, I don’t care, I just answered your question (note: sans name dropping) you were been faecetious, so I asked you back that question sarcastically.

I won’t deny that I don’t sometimes let the game get to me too much in real time, I get frustrated when we arnt playing how I know we can. You can call it a tantrum if you like. Just as I can call what you do fanboying as thinking that if you stick up for players ( who arnt beyond reproach in a professional sport) that they may read your defence of them and maybe they might come to your birthday party.

you fan your way and I will fan mine, both are fine. You seem to take it personally though how others express their fandom, so put me on ignore, I don’t sound famous enough to share space with you anyway.

Everyone saw the truth that young Funa was pushed by Bradman Best, so obvious and the telling thing is the ref sent it to the bunker asking about a possible penalty try.

It was clear that it was not that and it was obvious that Funa was denied a chance to get to the ball, penalty every day of the week.

Jarrod Horsehead Maxwell has never liked our club, when he was a referee he would talk to our players with contempt and I found him a frustrating petty referee. Last week we copped the try the Sharks got when Sirro was clearly impeded trying to prevent the try due to a push and now we cop a decision that denied us a chance to get into golden point.

Decisions like this baffle us fans as all we ask for is consistency.

The stuffing has been knocked out of us over the last month, copping that diabolical decision at Whinger park to deny us a famous win and the loss of half our spine and other key players.

The NRL MUST do something about the bunker as too many games are ruined by unaccountable officials.

I want someone to tell me that if Sirro is penalised for not packing into the scrum and you see that happen in just about every scrum and the price we paide for that call, down to 12 men and then that.

Atkins is one of the better referees out there and today he missed some howlers, DCE threw one pass 2 meters forward and it was play on. The fans deserve better. We have the technology to use to solve problems and we are undone time and time again by officials who just dont get it!!!

you are right, I don’t care, I just answered your question (note: sans name dropping) you were been faecetious, so I asked you back that question sarcastically.

I won’t deny that I don’t sometimes let the game get to me too much in real time, I get frustrated when we arnt playing how I know we can. You can call it a tantrum if you like. Just as I can call what you do fanboying as thinking that if you stick up for players ( who arnt beyond reproach in a professional sport) that they may read your defence of them and maybe they might come to your birthday party.

you fan your way and I will fan mine, both are fine. You seem to take it personally though how others express their fandom, so put me on ignore, I don’t sound famous enough to share space with you anyway.
Not at all, you can post whatever you like. I’ve never put anyone on ignore. And I was very much a fan of the way Chez played today.

Not at all, you can post whatever you like. I’ve never put anyone on ignore. And I was very much a fan of the way Chez played today.

I thought he tackled well as always, scored a nice try and exuded effort. I still think his kicks are undercooked and ineffective. His engaging of the defence for his runners non existent. His pass selection troubling and his butchering of a certain try, selfish.

I assume it’s fine if we see different things In his game? just as we have agreed we can be different fans having a different game experience?

How is it the audio of AFB's outburst is obtained by the media and allowed to be broadcast? Never seen anything like it.
Once again, only if Manly are involved.

do you honestly think we played well and will be ok if we keep playing like that?

I thought we were pretty terrible, I wasn’t happy with any element of our play, we didn’t concede many points I guess. But that was as much to do with pedestrian attack rather than any kind of urgency and desperation.

todays performance wasn’t enough to beat many, if any sides in the comp.
Mate, we were the better side by far. Took some amazing try savers on their line to prevent us from winning. We completely dominated field position and line breaks, just could not polish it. Completely nullified Newcastle's attack. They are sitting 4 now Newcastle.

A couple of weeks is huge in the NRL, a few sides above us could lose and we could win and we would be in top 4. We win today (which we should have,) and were robbed against parra and we would E in outright 3rd only 2 points off first!

Still a long way to go. We will make the 8, I just want to get their full strength no injuries and then be playing our best footy.

I thought he tackled well as always, scored a nice try and exuded effort. I still think his kicks are undercooked and ineffective. His engaging of the defence for his runners non existent. His pass selection troubling and his butchering of a certain try, selfish.

I assume it’s fine if we see different things In his game? just as we have agreed we can be different fans having a different game experience?
The non pass to Funa was certainly unfortunate, but they’re not androids. Spur of the moment decisions need to be made when bones are being broken. One week he goes over untouched in the very same situation, the next he throws the pass which is intercepted for a length of the field try and we’re all p1ssed because he didn’t go it himself. That’s footy.

The non pass to Funa was certainly unfortunate, but they’re not androids. Spur of the moment decisions need to be made when bones are being broken. One week he goes over untouched in the very same situation, the next he throws the pass which is intercepted for a length of the field try and we’re all p1ssed because he didn’t go it himself. That’s footy.

Weighing up the options and nailing your Choice is also footy. There was no excuse not to throw that pass. It was the percentage play. Halfbacks, captains and marquee players are anointed on knowing the percentage play. That’s footy too.

still, we can add “that’s footy” to all the other excuses/rationalisations/free passes given to cherry

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8