Thank you Peter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trust me I hate the tax system as well, I paid near 28k last year. The problem is labor wouldn't offer a better alternative. So they don't get my vote. I also get a feeling that you hold a total distain for someone who has a different view to yours. I think that’s a shame I respect all views whether I agree or not.

Anyhow Hopium, keep the good fight going I’ve said many a time I respect you're determination and knowledge. It was good to catch up last weekend. Next time I’ll remember to bring a banner for you :D

Did you see yourself on tv while Flufster was holding the banner.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Mon May 16 2005, 07:47PM ]</span>

Oh god... not again...

Caught right in the middle of study time... ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh

That happened to me in yr 10 as well... at the Pan Pacs... caught on TV with my dad. In the middle of the School Cert! I had put on 10kg then too...

Please erase me!! !ill

Labor pisses me off too... don't get me wrong about that. Right now I really want to smack Beazely. Would love to shove the good for industry, good for the environment statement down his throat... But Labor are the lesser of two evils.
But they offer a more progressive tax regime. It is unfair that the highest get a cut of over 100 bucks in comparison to those struggling who get 6. While that would feed me for a day... it won't for others!

Enough of that though... I feel as though my head is full of lead weight. Damn. Need to get distinctions the rest of this semester!

No, I mean it... get rid of my pic!

or I will go absolutely spare... not in that I'll get angry... just very upset.

And if you want me to hold a banner - I will... just include a paper bag for my head!

And taaaaaa I'm going to need it.

P.S. Respect my view? Doubt it... but let's not go there again. And I do respect your view... as a laypersons view... but when you deny facts outright... (eg HECS-in that unis get loads of cash - or that you are paying for my education) kinda tough...
ANYWAYS... I have other things to concentrate on...

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Mon May 16 2005, 07:32PM ]</span>

pick gone........Women there all the same don't want there photo taken unless their cheerleaders.

Last I knew the uni system is tax payer funded......Surely the gov'ts supply money to them???

Have fun studying.

PS. if I didn't respect you're views i'd tell you.....surely you've worked that out by now! ;)
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Mon May 16 2005, 07:56PM ]</span>

Ugh. Do I really need to expalin this to you again?

Me pay HECS. Former students pay HECS.

HECS go to general revenue (same place as GST & income tax).

HECS make lots of money.

Uni does not get all HECS. Surplus of HECS stays in general revenue.

Government is taking more money from students and former students then they put back into the system.

Yabbadabbadooooooo

Me happy to pay HECS if uni got it. Me pay for current & future students. Not you.

CLEAR????

Oh and ta for getting rid of the pic. Many women don't care either way... Either women despise/hate/dislike themselves, don't care what others think or have their head wedged firmly up their behind.
I am of the former. Sorry.

Ok well fair enuf. Just had to try and make it clear though... No need to think that you're paying for my education at least.

Just don't put the pic up. Its probably the only thing you could do that would make me cry... (except be the deciding vote that got the LIbs in *again* - woe is Australia... there comes a time where the govt gets too big for its boots, Labor or Lib... that time has most certainly come - both state & Fed - but state needs a better leader. Anyone but Brogden!)

Guys, it might be time to quite a discussion thats obviously never going too get anywhere. Everyone pays tax, some more than others but thats life. Like I always say, we could be living in Somalia or Etheopia and paying no tax, havinging no home, or food for that matter, we may all have been born with aids and live in fear as war rages in our backyards. I honestly get so sick and tired of hearing people complain about how hard they have it when it is just such insignificant bullshiet! Tell your speal to a 10 YO who's mother has just passed away in Rowanda and is now got nothing. 10 ****ing years old. No food, mum, dad, house, car. Thats ****ing grade 4 for christ's sake. And here we are, 10 pages in on a thread on the internet whinging and whineing about who's the most hard done by in the recent tax cuts. **** ME!

Get some perspective before you all start shooting off at the mouth. Im sick of this rubbish.

So next time you complain about Monas stuffing up or about a crappy movie you've just seen. You should reflect back to you're above comments!

It's a discussion mate. If we all used you're analogy we wouldn't discuss anything. As nothing to compare to those issues you’ve stated. It just reinforces how lucky we are.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed May 18 2005, 10:05AM ]</span>

I reckon you could argue underwater with a mouth full of marbles byso.

I refer to these discussions as cat and mouse. You bait hopium, she bites.

BTW, could you also explain the similarities between football players and movies, too whinging about how hard done by we all are all day?

I don't think we are hard done by. But I don't mind others whining about every thing that happens. Everyone has there agendas. It's good to see what makes people tick.

As what my plasma TV says, "Life's Good". :D

I dare say you will be calling it a ****ing piece of **** in about 6000 hours though byso. ;)

Sometimes biting lets me relax... and... well... discussing the tax system is pertinent to my degree at the moment.

Whinging is ok. Nothing wrong with whinging. It is the whingers like myself that go out there & get things DONE.

If I wasn't taxed so much I could afford to give more to my charities & donate more time...

Damn... wish I had an expensive TV... one with a sound system I could ear properly... can be a bastard being almost deaf... LOL

Yeah, the tv would be good. But I bet the money would be better off in a charity though hopium.

BTW, turn the volume up!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7