Tevita Pangai Jr set to be sacked!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would be stoked to get this guy

Such ability and feel Des would be able to motivate him like he has done with a few others in our side.

If Marty is on 850k I’ll take this bloke on 500-650 in a blind of an eye. He’s younger and has so much ability. Marty has been great but is on overs and is 31.

Could pack down in the middle if we need or play out wide in the back row.

Still a quality player and just makes one wonder who the Broncos could hope to attract right now to replace him . Can 't see a place for him at Manly , weren "t the Wests - tigers interested for next season ? Maybe not this season but shouldn 't have too much trouble getting a spot in another N R L club's line up and still on some decent coin .

Bronco's are a basket case.....they already lost Fifita 1 of the most devetating forwards in the world, next Pen Jnr who is about their only dangerous player apart from Staggs who is never there and has also been told to look around and Lodge only behind Haas as their go forward is off to the Warriors....they bring in Gamble at 1/2 who is trying, but an average Qld Cup halfback, sitting out better options who are simply out of form/confidence and belief in the Brisbane system....they are turning quality youngsters into error riddled 2nd graders also, players like Riki the backrower would look a young gun at a decent club....just watch Coates at Storm next season become an elite winger under the right guidance.
Something stinks in the front office and unfortunately it runs right through the system and until it's weeded out - this circus will continue.

I think Walters is culpable for the failed rescue mission at the Broncos.
He has panicked at every crossroad and taken the easy option each time and that’s resulted in his players losing complete faith and confidence.

they were never going to start the year strong; it was always going to be about building gradually to something more stable.

wholesale changes after every loss is madness. There is no continuity at all. Chopping and changing halves each week and brand new defensive combinations on the edge is not the answer.
He should have picked his best 17 and stuck with it for a good 8-10 weeks to let combinations develop. Over time, they would have improved. He showed no confidence in Croft and Milford who are still the best halves he has at the club (however average they are).

he has failed of his own volition. He inherited a basket case but his contribution to that basket case has been more duck eggs.

He has panicked at every crossroad and taken the easy option each time and that’s resulted in his players losing complete faith and confidence.

they were never going to start the year strong; it was always going to be about building gradually to something more stable.

wholesale changes after every loss is madness. There is no continuity at all. Chopping and changing halves each week and brand new defensive combinations on the edge is not the answer.
He should have picked his best 17 and stuck with it for a good 8-10 weeks to let combinations develop. Over time, they would have improved. He showed no confidence in Croft and Milford who are still the best halves he has at the club (however average they are).

he has failed of his own volition. He inherited a basket case but his contribution to that basket case has been more duck eggs.
I couldn't agree more. Silvertails members take note. Des stuck solid, believing his long-term plan would eventually yield success, and the players gained confidence as a result.

Do you think we could engineer a swap?
They need a quality halfback so we give them Con.
They give us Junior who would help shore-up our forward stocks.....
What could be fairer?
Here's how it could be done:
A straight swap for the rest of this season with both clubs paying their respective player their full salary for 2021.
In 2022 Brisbane continues to pay Con his "Manly salary". What Con would be seeking is a regular shot at playing First Grade which he'd get at the Donkeys. The advantage for Brisbane is that (a) they get a decent halfback and fill-in hooker, (b) they are paying him a fraction of Junior's salary so it improves their Cap position.
In 2022 Manly pays Junior his full "Bronco salary", but his contract runs out at the end of that season. Manly finances this substantial (and some say bloated) salary by releasing Lance, Jetski and Sir Loin. They replace them with promising (and less expensive) talent from the Manly juniors and Blacktown. The advantage for Manly is that Junior is a potential SOO-quality player and may flourish in our system. Also, Con, Lance, Jetski and Sir Loin are surplus to our needs (harsh, but true).
Come 2023 Manly and Junior can decide to continue their futures with a new contract, or not. By then Kapow will be close to retiring, and Junior could be the club's 'strongman'.

I couldn't agree more. Silvertails members take note. Des stuck solid, believing his long-term plan would eventually yield success.
Not really. A massive number of injuries forced his hand and we had Guaca, The Shoe, Harpo and Sippers replacing Lance, Jetski, Walker, Sir Loin and Con....
I do concede that he stuck firm with Parker and Froggy and both, over time, have proven worthy of his faith.

Slater noted Pangai's timid tryline defence last night. He hung back allowing a ball to get distributed out to Campbell Graham who scored.

I'm not sure that Pangai is all that good.

Not required.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Schuster
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Josh Aloiai
17. Toafofoa Sipley

18. Curtis Sironen
19. Andrew Davey
20. Zac Saddler
21. Jack Gosiewski
22. Lachlan Croker
23. Cade Cust
24. Tevita Funa
25. Moses Suli
26. Dylan Walker
27. Ben Trbojevic
28. Christian Tuipulotu

This squad is FULL. Just needs to be full strength. See some of those players missing out? Dear lord.

The Broncos "oldboys" pushed for him.
Is inability to coach is what it is but the hiring was done because of pressure from the said oldboys.
I love it.

His edge defence is shocking, you'd have to play him in the middle.

Talented but is he committed enough......not sure if he is worth the hassle

The Broncos "oldboys" pushed for him.
Is inability to coach is what it is but the hiring was done because of pressure from the said oldboys.
I love it.
They certainly did after dodging him initially....I think Snake has it correct with Walters....plenty of shuffling to the point when he does have a reasonable combination, is looking at the result/scoreboard rather than the performance and reshuffling almost in desperation never allowing the structures to build....this is losing players learning each other's game and losing faith in the system and if he is in panic mode, the whole joint will be chaotic.
Never met the bloke but looks like he is chasing the overnight quick fix and if he has short term vision looking down that route - these performances will not only continue , but get worse and his heirarchy are also liable for what is being delivered.
Me...I kinda like it >:)
As for Pengai Jnr, has ability and would be far better at a more stable club where he actually was used in a role - looks confused which leads to mistakes, poor shape in attack and defence which then tips him into the unmotivated basket, like many others out there for Brisbane.

There is a reason Walters got passed over a million times for a NRL gig.

He got the Broncs job due to an absolute clusterf.... of a situation and was always up against it.

Seems a decent guy but wont make it through next season.

As an aside when ever anyone complains about players not honouring contracts this is a pretty average look
True, though TPJ does have every right to dig in and say he is seeing out his contract.

Just like a club has a right to dig in and not release a player.

Rarely worth the fight though

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4