Tevita Funa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Could you imagine Tommy in Rugby? If they let him stay lean and fast he would be unstoppable. Thing with union these days is bulk. All the players seem to add so much slow twitch muscle....

Nothing against Funa as he is a terrific person but as a footballer, he has probably exceeded expectations. He was never a star coming through but had a point scoring blitz in 4 games to start an NYC campaign and suddenly everyone took notice...it was an anomaly. He has achieved everything off the back of hard work and a good attitude as his talent is limited. He has knock knees and is not the most impressive athlete. Good luck to him in Union but he was always going to be a depth player in the NRL.

Anything else locked behind the paywall?

Waratahs, Two Blues nab Manly Sea Eagles NRL player Tevita Funa despite weird detail
The NSW Waratahs have got their hands on an NRL player but there’s a twist, with something about him making this new recruit one of the most unusual signings by a rugby club.

Amanda Lulham

Life’s pretty good for former Parramatta Eels junior turned Manly Sea Eagle Tevita Funa right now.

The Fairfield born and bred footballer has just bought a new home at Condell Park, is getting married on Friday to the love of his life Elizabeth and he has been given a second chance at being a top professional athlete.

But in a twist, new NSW Waratahs recruit Funa said he hasn’t played a game of rugby since 2018 when he took the field in colts for the Randwick rugby club.

He also only played rugby at school for fun with his true passion rugby league eventually leading him to a promising NRL debut season for Manly in 2020 with five tries in 12 games but playing only four games this year.

“It’s like a fresh start, a brand new start,” said the 23-year-old who attended Westfield Sports High School and has since done a business diploma and started a course in theology.

The one year deal organised by new coach Darren Coleman will see Funa, who has also signed with the Western Sydney Two Blues Shute Shield club and played with the Blacktown Scorpions as a kid, play his first rugby in three years - and his first as an adult.

“I think I played maybe 30 games, maybe 40 as a teenager,” Funa said.

“At first I was shocked about this. But it’s a big chance. It’s like a second chance and a great opportunity and a fresh start.

“Union was always something I felt I would like to do after NRL.

“Coming from a league background, the game is fast, I feel like I can bring a lot of skill and physicality. I have been conditioned. But there is a lot to learn.”

Funa’s father also played rugby union and was a member of the West Harbour rugby club.

The Waratahs said Funa is known for his speed and was comfortable at fullback, wing and centre in NRL.

“First and foremost he ticked all the boxes from the character checks that we did on him. Tevita is a very dedicated and focused player which is really important,” said Coleman, the former Gordon head coach who has returned from LA Giltinis in the US to take up the coaching reins at the Waratahs.

“As a player he’s a good all-round package, he’s a big body, tall and good in the air, good speed and great footwork.

“He’s got a rugby background which should take him less time to adapt and coming out of a good program at Manly we know he’ll fit in as a professional.”

Waratahs, Two Blues nab Manly Sea Eagles NRL player Tevita Funa despite weird detail
The NSW Waratahs have got their hands on an NRL player but there’s a twist, with something about him making this new recruit one of the most unusual signings by a rugby club.

Amanda Lulham

Life’s pretty good for former Parramatta Eels junior turned Manly Sea Eagle Tevita Funa right now.

The Fairfield born and bred footballer has just bought a new home at Condell Park, is getting married on Friday to the love of his life Elizabeth and he has been given a second chance at being a top professional athlete.

But in a twist, new NSW Waratahs recruit Funa said he hasn’t played a game of rugby since 2018 when he took the field in colts for the Randwick rugby club.

He also only played rugby at school for fun with his true passion rugby league eventually leading him to a promising NRL debut season for Manly in 2020 with five tries in 12 games but playing only four games this year.

“It’s like a fresh start, a brand new start,” said the 23-year-old who attended Westfield Sports High School and has since done a business diploma and started a course in theology.

The one year deal organised by new coach Darren Coleman will see Funa, who has also signed with the Western Sydney Two Blues Shute Shield club and played with the Blacktown Scorpions as a kid, play his first rugby in three years - and his first as an adult.

“I think I played maybe 30 games, maybe 40 as a teenager,” Funa said.

“At first I was shocked about this. But it’s a big chance. It’s like a second chance and a great opportunity and a fresh start.

“Union was always something I felt I would like to do after NRL.

“Coming from a league background, the game is fast, I feel like I can bring a lot of skill and physicality. I have been conditioned. But there is a lot to learn.”

Funa’s father also played rugby union and was a member of the West Harbour rugby club.

The Waratahs said Funa is known for his speed and was comfortable at fullback, wing and centre in NRL.

“First and foremost he ticked all the boxes from the character checks that we did on him. Tevita is a very dedicated and focused player which is really important,” said Coleman, the former Gordon head coach who has returned from LA Giltinis in the US to take up the coaching reins at the Waratahs.

“As a player he’s a good all-round package, he’s a big body, tall and good in the air, good speed and great footwork.

“He’s got a rugby background which should take him less time to adapt and coming out of a good program at Manly we know he’ll fit in as a professional.”
So, what's the so-called "weird detail"?
Nothing I could find. There are plenty of ex-League players who try their hand at rugby just as Funa is doing.

So, what's the so-called "weird detail"?
Nothing I could find. There are plenty of ex-League players who try their hand at rugby just as Funa is doing.
They are falling over themselves to find a rugby history aren't they! He has been at manly for at least 4 years including under 20s league.

I wonder if they realise he is a christian. Anyway their problem.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8