Tevita Funa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
TAHS CIRCLING SEA EAGLES FLYER

One of the NRL’s brightest young prospects is on the verge of a code-switch to join the NSW Waratahs.

Manly flyer Tevita Funa is in discussions with the Waratahs about joining the rugby franchise at the end of this season. Funa, 23, has had limited opportunities with the Sea Eagles this year as a result of their largely injury free star-studded backline.

The goalkicking outside back has played four games this year after playing 12 matches in 2020. He is off-contract at season’s end.

TAHS CIRCLING SEA EAGLES FLYER

One of the NRL’s brightest young prospects is on the verge of a code-switch to join the NSW Waratahs.

Manly flyer Tevita Funa is in discussions with the Waratahs about joining the rugby franchise at the end of this season. Funa, 23, has had limited opportunities with the Sea Eagles this year as a result of their largely injury free star-studded backline.

The goalkicking outside back has played four games this year after playing 12 matches in 2020. He is off-contract at season’s end.
Good luck to Tevita

I mean you can understand players wanting to get more game time but....

the Waratahs?

They are seriously terrible.

I hope he's had his vitamin c and garlic as all he'll catch out there is a cold.

But if true... best of luck Tevita.

I have no issues with Funa and it’s not a criticism of him but is he a “flyer” and is he a goal kicker?One suspects his manager has got into the ear of the journo to sell his client.Good luck to him though

All the best to Funa - but who could take the story seriously after the word "Flyer" was associated....was scared it was Saab at that point...

I hope Tyfuna fires in rugby. I always thought he'd be a regular for us in First Grade but he never quite showed us all his talent.
He is going to have to modify his tackling style, having been suspended several times for "shoulder charges", but, then again, the 'Tahs don't worry too much about tackling anyway.

Best wishes and thanks to Funa ... He went ok, but I suspect he just didn't have that extra gear to really make an impression in 1st's ...

Apart from the journo calling him a flyer ... how about him calling the reason as a lack of injuries to our "star studed" backline .... Young Harpo and Parker will be over the moon being called star studed ...

Walker into the middle,Potentially Funa,Suli and Taufua gone....might be some young guys getting a run next year if needed.
Looking skinny in experienced depth in the outside backs,Tuipulotu with 2 NRL games might be the veteran backup.(yeah Walker can play there too)

Remember when Mark Gerrard left Manly for RU. He was playing winger in the Manly U20s or NSW cup team, but was completely ignored at Nthn Eagles.

Last edited:
Will be an awesome No.12 for Rugby,shame he never got to play centre where he might have had a chance to shine for us.
Rather see him go well in Rugby than for another NRL side,always been a fan......
Yeah, he definitely has something about him, and he played hard.

Good luck to him , but in saying that Rugby is ****ed , the Wobblies are not just bad they are ****ing hopeless!!

But good luck Tyfuna maybe you can make the difference.

Walker into the middle,Potentially Funa,Suli and Taufua gone....might be some young guys getting a run next year if needed.
Looking skinny in experienced depth in the outside backs,Tuipulotu with 2 NRL games might be the veteran backup.(yeah Walker can play there too)
Lots of good jnr talent coming through now, it's playing and getting game time that's a worry. In the meantime a bit more cap money for us to spend.

I mean you can understand players wanting to get more game time but....

the Waratahs?

They are seriously terrible.

I hope he's had his vitamin c and garlic as all he'll catch out there is a cold.

But if true... best of luck Tevita.
Tepai Moeroa from the Eels did the same thing and gave up after 1 year, now playing for the Storm.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8