Tevita Funa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
TAHS CIRCLING SEA EAGLES FLYER

One of the NRL’s brightest young prospects is on the verge of a code-switch to join the NSW Waratahs.

Manly flyer Tevita Funa is in discussions with the Waratahs about joining the rugby franchise at the end of this season. Funa, 23, has had limited opportunities with the Sea Eagles this year as a result of their largely injury free star-studded backline.

The goalkicking outside back has played four games this year after playing 12 matches in 2020. He is off-contract at season’s end.
Could slot straight into Wallaby captain, replacing Rugby Gallen

Tepai Moeroa from the Eels did the same thing and gave up after 1 year, now playing for the Storm.
Well, we never know unless we try something different

Some times it works out and sometimes it dosent

TAHS CIRCLING SEA EAGLES FLYER

One of the NRL’s brightest young prospects is on the verge of a code-switch to join the NSW Waratahs.

Manly flyer Tevita Funa is in discussions with the Waratahs about joining the rugby franchise at the end of this season. Funa, 23, has had limited opportunities with the Sea Eagles this year as a result of their largely injury free star-studded backline.

The goalkicking outside back has played four games this year after playing 12 matches in 2020. He is off-contract at season’s end.
Today I read somewhere that Funa has actually now signed with the NSW Waratahs for one year. I remember meeting him in 2019 and he was a quiet but well-spoken young man hoping to play first grade. He got his wish - it's just a shame he had limited opportunities.

Good luck to Tevita and hope he does well.

Good luck to him , but in saying that Rugby is ****ed , the Wobblies are not just bad they are ****ing hopeless!!

But good luck Tyfuna maybe you can make the difference.
Disagree, the wallabies are now on the improve and are no 3 in world rankings. Unfortunately, given the talent drain to league and afl we are never going to consistently beat the All Blacks. They now have a great coach in Dave Rennie.

Disagree, the wallabies are now on the improve and are no 3 in world rankings. Unfortunately, given the talent drain to league and afl we are never going to consistently beat the All Blacks. They now have a great coach in Dave Rennie.
But will we EVER beat the All Blacks ??

Correct.
What I see from the Wallabies is a lot of talented footballers who are over-programmed. The backline puts on set plays with players throwing cut-out passes and fancy moves and when they inevitably come unstuck the Kiwis pick up the ball and counterattack. I feel that if the team wasn't so over-coached and encouraged to play what's in front of them they would have more success.
But the rules in rugby are so convoluted these days that it is frustrating to watch.

The nrl has neutered Australian union because all the best players are in league. It is the opposite in NZ. The best plan for the wallabies is to hope that the nrl makes inroads into nz rugby union. It would be win-win - strong Australian and nz rugby league, and piss poor and irrelevant union comps in both countries.

Good luck to the young fella , was never going to get a permanent start at Manly so may as well try something else.
Probably right Mark but on the other hand, Parker is only one serious head knock away from an extended time on the sidelines, and Funa could well have been the guy with a chance to take that position, just as Harper took Suli's through injury.
Or maybe he knew he wasn't next in line?
Either way, good luck to him. He scored a couple of good tries and also made a couple of crunching tackles for Manly.

We may beat them in the odd game but I can't see us winning back the Bledisloe Cup any time soon.

They have an unlimited pipeline of talented players as Rugby is the dominant winter sport by a mile.
Yes and that’s why , over there it’s Rugby first , second , third and distant last is League. Not sure if they even play soccer over there .

Today I read somewhere that Funa has actually now signed with the NSW Waratahs for one year. I remember meeting him in 2019 and he was a quiet but well-spoken young man hoping to play first grade. He got his wish - it's just a shame he had limited opportunities.

Good luck to Tevita and hope he does well.
OMG the waratahs! They are the equilivant of the Bulldogs in the NRL. They promise so much and deliver so little!

Just sayin’

Sorry to see Tevita go. Ever since leading our U20s to GF victory, I thought he would be our Centre/wing and replacement for Tom T when necessary.

Unfortunately, lack of game time, injuries, (and luck with referee's decisions), it wasn't to be. I wish him well.

OMG the waratahs! They are the equilivant of the Bulldogs in the NRL. They promise so much and deliver so little!

Just sayin’
Tepai Moeroa tried the exact same thing and gave up after 1 year, he's back playing for the Storm.

The Waratahs will get nowhere till they get over their obsession with running the ball. There is no place for attacking backs in the modern game. Backs are only there to support the forwards in defence while the forwards grind the ball up into penalty goal range.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8