Tevita Funa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was he put on report because I’d of thought that if it was a shoulder charge,it was quite obvious to pick up by the bunker,not as if it was a sneaky shoulder that could of been overlooked.I know at the time of the tackle,nothing was done

The number of players being placed on report has become laughable. Very few warrant a penalty let alone missing matches for non-existent "crushers" or braced tackles which are now called shoulder charges. Surely if you are stationery and just bracing for an impact you are not "charging" anybody. You should be able to win a judiciary hearing simply by using this logic as your defence.
I saw one player today penalised for a 'head high' tackle when his opponent had slipped and his head was barely a foot above the turf. It seems every time a player stays down the Bunker looks for a sinister reason.
The sport has so much wrong with it these days. I hope that the finals are refereed like finals should be with a minimum of interference, especially from the dreaded Bunker.

Make it interesting if Funa is out and Turbo has another week off . Parker to wing and occasionally interchanging with Suli again or maybe on a very limited basis .

He did come forward at the time of impact and it was mostly shoulder but you wouldn't call it a classic shoulder charge. The lack of effort to lift his arms may cost him though.

Anyway covering a winger isn't a problem - Garrick will just slip back there with Tommy back. Even if we rest Tommy for a week more lets get Horhay back for a farewell game

Paper thin defence eh @The Who

the 'cleary' defence.

The roulette wheel of charges rolls on. I'd probably 'in the past' think that maybe ok it was a shoulder charge, but after cleary's it isn't...but watch it be deemed one even though there would be 30 to 50 let go this season.

And people wonder why rules aren't applied equally despite protestations to the contrary.

Didn't Hasler say in the presser Turbo is back next week?
Yes but it was a fleeting comment and Des saying it and it actually happening could be two different things. Especially playing the bottom of the table team, it may be very tempting to rest Turbo for another week.

Interesting, so it's the next 2 games whether he'd be picked or not
Yes, he could also be injured which doesn’t factor in either.
Walker served his one game “pizza suspension” even though he was injured and no chance of being selected.

the 'cleary' defence.

The roulette wheel of charges rolls on. I'd probably 'in the past' think that maybe ok it was a shoulder charge, but after cleary's it isn't...but watch it be deemed one even though there would be 30 to 50 let go this season.

And people wonder why rules aren't applied equally despite protestations to the contrary.
I would challenge it at the judiciary and take video of Cleary's hit as evidence if I were Funa, what's he got to lose?

I would challenge it at the judiciary and take video of Cleary's hit as evidence if I were Funa, what's he got to lose?

An extra week? But if tom's back and he's not playing then you're right. Nothing to lose.

I feel the judiciary have an amazing talent of saying "that's not like for like...move on" which kinda blows like a marathon for asthmatics.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8