Tetevano suspended

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Ask souffs to trade Tetevano for Glenn Stewart. Zane would fit in well over there and I reckon Glenn would look all right in maroon and white.

I reckon you're right bones... With a history of proud wife beaters at $ouffs he'd fit right in... Whereas we have a proud history of Glenn Stewarts ;)

Budgewoi Eagle said:
"Magistrate Robert Stone was tole that Tetevano has been seeing a psychologist, but is scheduled for treatment by a second, sports psychologist at the request of Manly Sea Eagles-appointed counsel who will appear for him in March."

We're paying for this grub?

Who on earth was responsible for the signing? Surely due diligence would have uncovered the outcome pretty quickly?
Very good questions. It would be nice to know exactly how we arrived at the decision to sign this guy.

BOZO said:
Kevinward777 said:
Are we now in a position to sign another forward? If so, who is available?
forwards off contract
Michael Bullock, Toka Likiliki, Fuifui Moimoi, Nathaniel Neale, Agnatius Paasi, Nathaniel Peteru, Tim Robinson, Kem Seru, Albert Vete
Harlan Alaalatoa, Tom Eisenhuth, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Bronson Harrison, Taniela Lasalo, Epalahame Lauaki, Willie Mataka, Patrice Siolo

These islander people seem to be cropping up a bit in our game.

Mals said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
"Magistrate Robert Stone was tole that Tetevano has been seeing a psychologist, but is scheduled for treatment by a second, sports psychologist at the request of Manly Sea Eagles-appointed counsel who will appear for him in March."

We're paying for this grub?

Who on earth was responsible for the signing? Surely due diligence would have uncovered the outcome pretty quickly?
Very good questions. It would be nice to know exactly how we arrived at the decision to sign this guy.

Given there is no registered contract I don't think we signed anyone, it sounds like we agreed to terms depending on how the court hearing went

I thought Mose Masoe didn't want to return to UK after representing Samoa in the 4 nations.

He's got a year to go with his Super League club, but maybe he could get a release?

Be a real handy prop.

As others have asked, who's the dope that was interested in the Tetevano grub in the friggin 1st place?

That isn't acceptible.

Maybe the club decided to give him the benefit of the doubt

Not sure why they would do that, I mean can anyone think why they would want to give a player a benefit of the doubt rather than jump to a conclusion before the due process had been completed.....I guess it is a mystery wrapped in a riddle which we could never ever understand

lsz said:
Maybe the club decided to give him the benefit of the doubt
He wasn't found guilty, he pleaded guilty.
So you might be giving the club the benefit of the doubt.
To me it sounds like Manly either wasn't smart enough to work out there was a fair chance he was guilty, or, (and this would be worse) we were being quite cynical in deciding to risk taking him on knowing he might be guilty but hoping he might avoid being exposed as such.

I'm disappointed in our decision to sign him in either case, the announcement of his plea is a tad deflating after a positive off-season so far.

When was it that he pleaded guilty? At the recent appearance or before then?

If it was only the recent one then I would not be surprised if there was a different story told to the club

I'm not sure, according to BE's post #5 above he pleaded guilty at court 'on Friday', not sure of the source.

In any case, suddenly the good name of the Manly Sea Eagles is in the news associated with domestic violence, which of course is not ideal.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I'm not sure, according to BE's post #5 above he pleaded guilty at court 'on Friday', not sure of the source.

In any case, suddenly the good name of the Manly Sea Eagles is in the news associated with domestic violence, which of course is not ideal.

It was from the SMH

wombatgc said:
BOZO said:
Kevinward777 said:
Are we now in a position to sign another forward? If so, who is available?
forwards off contract
Michael Bullock, Toka Likiliki, Fuifui Moimoi, Nathaniel Neale, Agnatius Paasi, Nathaniel Peteru, Tim Robinson, Kem Seru, Albert Vete
Harlan Alaalatoa, Tom Eisenhuth, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Bronson Harrison, Taniela Lasalo, Epalahame Lauaki, Willie Mataka, Patrice Siolo

These islander people seem to be cropping up a bit in our game.
As long as they are not crapping our game they are ok

Mavin said:
Good news said he was a grub when we signed him. I can't believe someone signed this thug I'm guessing they are the same people who wanted packer at the club. It was bad enough the club turned a blind eye to the shameful behaviour by Watmough when he was at the club and I hope we draw a line in the sand if you are an abuser of the field you are out of the club,and we don't sign an abuser surely we are not that desperate?

I appreciate the club being prepared to take him on, allowing the court process to ultimately decide his situation. His past actions can't be excused, but at least the clubs actions and time with others was an opportunity for him to start to the process of getting back on track once he has paid his dues.

I hope we don't just rip up Zane's Contract. (Yes many of you disagree)

No one for a minute could condone what he has plead guilty too.

But NRL consequence wise he has already served his suspension.

Compare with Ava. Ava plead guilty for Domestic Violence yet Souths took no action, the NRL took no action and allowed him to continue to play. The charge adjourned until the end of the NRL season for sentence. He continued to get top tier income for the best part of a year. He played footy for the remainder of the year, played in a Grand Final and received all the bonuses that would flow from that. Now Ava will miss a minimum of 9 months in 2015 to do rehabilitation courses.

Jorge Taufua spitting on police, a two match ban. 2 matches.

Zane Tetevano committed these offences whilst a NRL player for Newcastle. His club torn up his contract. Deregistered as a player, he hasn't played any NRL games since. He hasn't received top tier NRL income since like Ava.

It is for the court what consequence Tetevano deserves, but NRL wise Tetevano has already currently received a much harsher punishment than Ava.

Good on Manly for giving this kid a second chance. Due diligence would have occurred with speaking to the low level club he went and played with and how he has been behaving off the field. It should be up to Zane to take this opportunity or perish as a NRL footballer. Especially when Dave SMITH and the NRL are happy for someone in a Souths jumper to keep playing or for Sex assault man Fergerson to play for the Roosters.

Damn our hard straight with purpose go forward is gone what are we going to do, the upcoming season is overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr before it started.

I'm retiring at the top of my game taking the cash and heading for a "new challenge"

You know, and I might get towelled for saying this, but isn't the aim of society to help rehabilitate criminals.

If a man has served his time , or has been punished then shouldn't we give people a second chance.

And especially those that admit guilt.

Oh yes I understand it doesn't fit " the image" the NRL would like, but what about giving a guy a second chance.

Now for repeat offenders this shouldn't apply, but to ban this guy for life is way too harsh.

Not that I approve of what he did in any way.

I really can't see what the debate is about....get rid of him. Not that we really have him anyway. Not needed at Manly or the NRL...
Does not deserve to be employed as a professional sportsman at all. He and only He has relinquished that right.

No one is stopping him working and rehabilitating himself, just not wearing a Manly jersey...there are lots of other real jobs around for him to do.

lsz said:
When was it that he pleaded guilty? At the recent appearance or before then?

If it was only the recent one then I would not be surprised if there was a different story told to the club

Pretty sure there were a few articles prior to the last hearing when talking about him joining the squad for training that his intentions were to plead not guilty. If that is the case, then obviously things changed very quickly at the last minute. Surely the club wouldn't have bothered had they known all along it would be a guilty plea.
That said.. on your bike son, had your chance(s). Hopefully NRL remains consistent on these things and not just punish the 'not so knowns' and let others off.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2