Terminal without Tommy ...?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Stats mentioned in todays paper are cause for concern ... they say that in 2019 when Tommy played more than 40 mins in a game we win 10 of 11 games or 91% ..... when Tommy played less than 40 mins we only won 5 of 15 or 33% ....

They are remarkable fiqures and I can't remember .. but even more telling than Snakes contribution ....

Thank goodness it isn't the 70's ... coaches would be sending on a reggies Mungo with one instruction ... that Tommy didn't finish the game ...

It is a cause for concern when so much of our success relies on one young blokes shoulders ... but ... go Tommy .. rip in son ..

Last edited:
Stats mentioned in todays paper are cause for concern ... they say that in 2019 when Tommy played more than 40 mins in a game we win 10 of 11 games or 91% ..... when Tommy played less than 40 mins we only won 5 of 15 or 33% ....

They are remarkable fiqures and I can't remember .. but even more telling than Snakes contribution ....

Thank goodness it isn't the 70's ... coaches would be sending on a reggies Mungo with one instruction ... that Tommy didn't finish the game ...

It is a cause for concern when so much of our success relies on one young blokes shoulders ... but ... go Tommy .. rip in son ..
To be fair, Snake had a team that was probably higher quality and with more depth in it to cover him when he was out...

Well yeah, normally a fullback plays 80 mins and a coach wouldn’t have a full time fullback on the bench.

Structures would be out of whack and players playing out of position to cover the loss of the fullback.

So it makes sense the winning percentage would drop significantly.

pretty small sample space

There wouldn't be many sides that would be able to accommodate the mid game injury of a key member of their spine. How would the Roosters go if Teddy goes down ? The Scum without Billy The Grub ? I suspect teh stats would be something similar. Let's just hope Turbo stays fit.

Well yeah, normally a fullback plays 80 mins and a coach wouldn’t have a full time fullback on the bench.

Structures would be out of whack and players playing out of position to cover the loss of the fullback.

So it makes sense the winning percentage would drop significantly.

I think the 40 mins was only put in there to cover the game he went off injured into the stats .... you can better read it as when he plays and when he doesn't ....

The correct stat is

When Tommy was named in the side we won 10 from 12
When Tommy didn't play we won 4 from 14

trying to statistically account for mid game injuries is ridiculous - although we won one (hamstring) and lost one (pec) when he went off injured

Not surprising at all. How many game breakers do we have in the side apart from Tommy T?? Cherry more of a play maker these days and Dylan sort of getting there but certainly not in the same category as turbo. Love to see the stats in a year or two when we have the likes of Shuster, Albert and Ben in the side. They are all game breakers but will be interesting to see if they can produce at the NRL level. Potentially FOUR game breakers there!! Very exciting.

make no mistake, he is our number one man. He would be way more effective if they stopped just throwing it to him and sitting back. He is being used as abattering ram currently. Its been a while since he got to sniff around the back and chime in, like the royls royce that he is.

If the walker experiment continues, i think we might see turbo follow him about. Parker really benefiited from being on that side last game . Dylan took the ball to the line a bit against the chooks. as he is a strong ball runner defenders have to be vigilant . I wonder if he has the inside ball

Not surprising at all. How many game breakers do we have in the side apart from Tommy T?? Cherry more of a play maker these days and Dylan sort of getting there but certainly not in the same category as turbo. Love to see the stats in a year or two when we have the likes of Shuster, Albert and Ben in the side. They are all game breakers but will be interesting to see if they can produce at the NRL level. Potentially FOUR game breakers there!! Very exciting.
You are correct. Our backline is not the attacking powerhouse of many earlier Manly sides. I don't include DCE or Sandwich in my observation (nor obviously Turbo) but the remaining members are not big tryscorers.
Turbo is our lethal weapon.
I feel our strength is in the forwards, with DCE and Turbo the two shining attacking lights in the backs. I rate us as a solid defensive team overall, and we'll wear many teams down with grit and determination.
Frankly, our team has the look and feel to me of the successful Melbourne teams who had two superstar backs and a supporting staff of effective defenders and low mistake-makers.

make no mistake, he is our number one man. He would be way more effective if they stopped just throwing it to him and sitting back. He is being used as abattering ram currently.

To be fair jbb ... I think a lot of that is on Tommy himself, it has been my one criticism of him, that he tries to do too much .... but your point is valid ... with the experience and maturity he now has, I think you will see him be more selective about injecting himself into the play ...

What won me was the last game vs Roosters...Tom scored a great close range try, then more importantly = saved 2......for mine quickly becoming the match winner we knew he was and now believing himself which is all that counts

To be fair jbb ... I think a lot of that is on Tommy himself, it has been my one criticism of him, that he tries to do too much .... but your point is valid ... with the experience and maturity he now has, I think you will see him be more selective about injecting himself into the play ...
100% - All I can say is Snake has given the kid the best advise a fullback could get and it showed vs Roosters last game...will only kick on from here and become more dominant...

There were an awful lot of drop off passes to tommy when was positioned behind the ruck, with little support last year. I wrote about it a few times. Nothing passes, with nothing on. He does not have a lot of options once he has the ball

I know he wants the ball, he want to influence games , but he was being used last year while some orhers laxed off. not sure if he has positioning issues last year but he was essentially second reciever last year outside DCE , but rarely chiming in.

His fault, game plan, not sure. But its suss to me

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4