Post-Game Discussion Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
24 4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 18:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

At the core,this team has not improved in his time.They’ve always been able to score,but their defence,resilience and composure has not improved.Seibold has struggled with defence his whole career
Hasn’t this been the case with our past three coaches as well?

Defence is an issue that needs to improve and I think I heard in coverage that was the clear coaches message for the second half. Team seemed to do the opposite after about the first ten minutes.

Next week will be interesting with a few more out.

Defence is an issue that needs to improve and I think I heard in coverage that was the clear coaches message for the second half. Team seemed to do the opposite after about the first ten minutes.

That maybe true,but those 3 are now out of the job and it’s up to the current coach,Willy Loman,to fix it and has been unable to do it thus far

At this stage isn't it just Croker out, head knock. Also, Burbo could be back. Could take the place of Sips who looked like he needed an extra week off tbh.

It was putrid there is no other way of describing it . However, we gifted them two tries with the Waddell & lodge drops 10m out, a 3rd try was from a second tackle speculator from weekes. Rueben had an off night with the boot and he absolutely butchered that try early. So taking all that into account our defense for once was not the issue. Ball control again was the main issue. This has been a problem repeatedly this year.

Hopefully will serve as an urgent wake up call but only if it resonates that it has to be a total full on commitment and application for the total game and just not in patches.
Bad trend seemed to set in just after the Raider's sin bin and that totally undisciplined play with Sabb being forced out on zero tackle .
just too much of a casual , unprofessional mindset and no side entitled to try this approach regardless of the talent in a side .
Have given up seemingly commanding leads previously this season and no way to reach top 4 rating let alone top 8 if this can not be addressed in a tangible way and to drastically reduce the lapse and ill disciplined factor .
Really gifted it to the Raiders however it is sliced and diced .
Again in patches the side can play some real good footy and even defend stoutly but again how to make that patchy trend more of a norm .
Has to be a positive that Alioai is playing some good solid footy , unfortunate that Sipley seems still underdone , Lodge a way to go yet to assert some authority Should be able to win these sort of games without him but obviously did miss Haumole"s presence big time .
Certainly can be a bit critical of D C E and Turbo "s overall input [ similar to the Dragons instances ] and guess that it can only come down to getting that consistency factor as more the norm again also
Thought that Garrick went quite well actually and still more of a plus in the centres [ can"t be a part superman in the goalkicking department and side should not depend on it Koula sure does need some better opportunities in attack
Need a big lift against the Dolphins without saying and to then to keep it going to compete with the likes of the Broncs and Storm

At this stage isn't it just Croker out, head knock. Also, Burbo could be back. Could take the place of Sips who looked like he needed an extra week off tbh.
He mentioned in the presser Brown quad and Sipley as well. Not sure if all confirmed yet.

It was putrid there is no other way of describing it . However, we gifted them two tries with the Waddell & lodge drops 10m out, a 3rd try was from a second tackle speculator from weekes. Rueben had an off night with the boot and he absolutely butchered that try early. So taking all that into account our defense for once was not the issue. Ball control again was the main issue. This has been a problem repeatedly this year.
I’m not sure how we spin it but letting in 26 against that pathetic Raiders outfit is unacceptable. Other teams can still defend their errors and we clearly can’t, at least not last night. Agree ball control was rubbish. I just want us to play a proper 80mins where we don’t do stupid crap or switch off.

I’m not sure how we spin it but letting in 26 against that pathetic Raiders outfit is unacceptable. Other teams can still defend their errors and we clearly can’t, at least not last night. Agree ball control was rubbish. I just want us to play a proper 80mins where we don’t do stupid crap or switch off.
I did some quick research it’s been 28 games since we have kept an opposition to less than 10 points ( excluding trial matches )

we have to go back to round 7 April 14th last year 2023 18-8 against the storm

its a pretty shocking stat and shows me why unless we focus on defence we are no where near a top 4 side

IMHO - Froggy is broken and needs a rest and Lawman’s not the guy, his service is poor, slow and inaccurate, if Gordy is not to be our hooker (he should be getting used, he is fast around the ruck, gives good service, defends pretty well and is a number 9), then we need to acquire one.
Tom really would give more value at centre, although it looks like he wants to be a prop, swapping with Koula is inevitable and should be tried. Brown can’t keep doing the big kick returns, he looks broken already. Lodge and Waddles both need to stop using Vaseline or at least get it off their hands before they come to the game. Toff clearly wasn’t ready to return, limping around but trying.
DCE is so hot and cold, its damned frustrating.
Tried to watch it again but it was too much of a mistakeathon.

I watched the game at the ground today as a guest of the Trbojevic Family and sat with Ben and Toms partners and John and Mel.

It was the first game I had managed to get to in years and probably the first my Dad had been to in about 10 or more.

Disappointing result and all the action happened down the other end, the family sits in the Bob Fulton Stand. Although the result wasn't what we wanted, theres plenty of room to improve on and things for us to change. Two of their tries were very lucky and mostly off silly mistakes.

Wanted to say thanks to John and Mel for the invite and hope to catch a winning game with them soon, had a jersey for them to sign for my young bloke but because of the loss the boys went straight to the sheds, though Chez and Koula came over.

The Trbojevic family are absolute great people and a credit to the club.

(The invite came because the family had their car stuck out on the street at my parents house, and my dad went down with his 4wd and yanked them out of the spot they were in and they repaid by offering that invite.)

Anyway sad we didnt win but great to get out there again
Did Ben happen to mention if he's back next week?

Raiders have the bye next week so last night performance from them doesn’t surprise me
they turned up we didn’t for the whole 80 minutes
if the dolphins lose the cowboys we will still be 4th come rounds end crazy stuff

Hopefully will serve as an urgent wake up call but only if it resonates that it has to be a total full on commitment and application for the total game and just not in patches.
Bad trend seemed to set in just after the Raider's sin bin and that totally undisciplined play with Sabb being forced out on zero tackle .
just too much of a casual , unprofessional mindset and no side entitled to try this approach regardless of the talent in a side .
Have given up seemingly commanding leads previously this season and no way to reach top 4 rating let alone top 8 if this can not be addressed in a tangible way and to drastically reduce the lapse and ill disciplined factor .
Really gifted it to the Raiders however it is sliced and diced .
Again in patches the side can play some real good footy and even defend stoutly but again how to make that patchy trend more of a norm .
Has to be a positive that Alioai is playing some good solid footy , unfortunate that Sipley seems still underdone , Lodge a way to go yet to assert some authority Should be able to win these sort of games without him but obviously did miss Haumole"s presence big time .
Certainly can be a bit critical of D C E and Turbo "s overall input [ similar to the Dragons instances ] and guess that it can only come down to getting that consistency factor as more the norm again also
Thought that Garrick went quite well actually and still more of a plus in the centres [ can"t be a part superman in the goalkicking department and side should not depend on it Koula sure does need some better opportunities in attack
Need a big lift against the Dolphins without saying and to then to keep it going to compete with the likes of the Broncs and Storm
How many wake up calls does this team need though?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10