Team vs Ipswich

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its not like they would have needed to hire commentators (aren't Bozo and Zorba vastly experienced radio callers?? Johnny Gibbs too). And it would have only taken one camera.

Not streaming the game is poor form (and rather freaking cheap IMO) from the club.

TRY MANLY! Jake Morrison puts another try on the board for the home side. 18-6 KTC. #GoManly #StrongerTogether

Who are manly u20s playing again?

Gungahlin Bulls. They play in the Canberra Region Rugby League and are located in Canberra's northern suburbs.
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=7-1084-17897-0-0

From the looks of their home ground (Gungahlin Enclosed Oval) on Google Earth, its looks a lot like the Sunshine Coast's ground. An Aussie rules/cricket oval with a cut out on the western side to make the league pitch closer to the grandstand.

Last edited:
They have been going ok in the local comp down here. They were being coached by ex-Raiders, Simon Woolford & Jason Croker.

Gungahlin Bulls. They play in the Canberra Region Rugby League and are located in Canberra's northern suburbs.

From the looks of their home ground (Gungahlin Enclosed Oval) on Google Earth, its looks a lot like the Sunshine Coast's ground. An Aussie rules/cricket oval with a cut out on the western side to make the league pitch closer to the grandstand.
Yes they have a pretty good set-up there. Some of the second string sporting venues in Canberra (i.e. the Canberra Vikings' rugby facilities at Erindale in Tuggeranong), are streets ahead of Brookvale Oval in certain aspects. The Vikings ground probably had TV standard lighting before Brookvale Oval. And then there's the playing surfaces...

For those here who have never been to Pittwater Rugby Park (i.e. Rat Park) or have never seen what it looks like.....this is where we are playing today.

The ground was the home of National Soccer League club Northern Spirit in their final season (2004). They chose to move there instead of Brookie (despite Brookies greater spectator capacity) after leaving North Sydney Oval.

PittwaterRugbyPark2.jpg

PittwaterRugbyPark1.jpg

Last edited:
The grandstand seats a whopping 1,500

Remember its only a trial game so corporate facilities aren't a consideration. But there is a lot of room for development at Rat Park.

Apparently the place opened in 1971.

For those interested......

Full time of the Warriors vs St Merge trial in Nelson (NZ).

St Merge 46 def. Warriors 10

The Warriors had pretty close to their full strength side playing from what I've read.

Played soccer there (or very near there) back in the 1960s. There used to be a tip there from memory.
That's right Terry, it used to be a tip, then they filled it in and they transformed it into a soccer field, then they changed it back to a tip and then Rat Park. The only constant was the rats. I used to live in Narrabeen Park Parade and enjoyed walking across the soccer field more than the dump.
What do you do when you've a beautiful coastal area? Create a dump, go figure.

For those interested......

Full time of the Warriors vs St Merge trial in Nelson (NZ).

St Merge 46 def. Warriors 10

The Warriors had pretty close to their full strength side playing from what I've read.

Cleary will be coach mid season if that is how well Warriors are playing with their personnel

Thanks HoldenV8

For those here who have never been to Pittwater Rugby Park (i.e. Rat Park) or have never seen what it looks like.....this is where we are playing today.

The ground was the home of National Soccer League club Northern Spirit in their final season (2004). They chose to move there instead of Brookie (despite Brookies greater spectator capacity) after leaving North Sydney Oval.

PittwaterRugbyPark2.jpg

PittwaterRugbyPark1.jpg
With that amount of space, perhaps Manly should be thinking of using their money to build up this ground as their home.

I doubt that would happen. Personally I think Brookvale as a permanent home ground is on borrowed time unless we somehow get massive private investment to rebuild the place or the NSW Government suddenly changes its mind. The way things are looking we'll be playing out of either Homebush or Moore Park (or at least Gosford) within 5 years. Brookie will become like Leichhardt or Campbelltown, used for maybe 2 or 3 games a season.

Just for you MadEagle

Fence to fence, Pittwater Park is 6 metres longer and 8 metres narrower than Brookvale Oval :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6