Team next game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do you have any idea of the concept of match fitness? Why would you bring him in over 2 guys busting their guts and performing when he would be good for 60mins, 20 mins if he loses it and gets binned. I agree he is a top shelf centre, but sheesh. Don’t give a tinkers cuss what he is being paid, doesn’t make him a walk in player.

You could look at that being the same situation for Turbo though mate, he’s in one of the most aerobically demanding positions on the field, will have been out for over two months with minimal fitness work in the early stages of rehab and Brendan Elliot would have been playing week in week out. He’ll have no match fitness but will come straight back into that side without it.

Love my Jurbot Mitch but if there is one criticism is the number of unders plays or just standard hitups he does on the 3rd or 4th tackle in the red zone. Happens almost every attacking set when close to line and just seems a waste. Gallen was a bit the same for years , just wanted the ball when something else was needed.Hes got everything the lad but this happens a lot for some reason.
Jurbo is usually involved with the first pass to a half to take out the A and B defenders inside the Red zone or anywhere on the field in actual fact.
Just my opinion Sue - these hitups in the zone are to allow some momentum for the next play as he owns the quickest play ball.
Especially missing so much strike atm and the attacking structure looking a little lost, can create an opportunity simply upping the tempo.
Gallen though a whole hearted player, lacks Jakes smarts and just takes the hitup hoping for the best....Jake does it to provide a platform....well that’s my take mate.

Jurbo is usually involved with the first pass to a half to take out the A and B defenders inside the Red zone or anywhere on the field in actual fact.
Just my opinion Sue - these hitups in the zone are to allow some momentum for the next play as he owns the quickest play ball.
Especially missing so much strike atm and the attacking structure looking a little lost, can create an opportunity simply upping the tempo.
Gallen though a whole hearted player, lacks Jakes smarts and just takes the hitup hoping for the best....Jake does it to provide a platform....well that’s my take mate.
There was one time last night (and my memory is lousy so no details) where a quick pass from Jurbo instead of a charge forward looked like it would have resulted in a try out wide as they were very thin.
What I do remember about it is yelling at the telly "Come on Jake, you're better than Gallen!!!"

• 😆
Reactions: R3

I love it when people talk footy on here

Geez I missed AFB this game. I enjoyed Marty’s running battle with Lodge. I can’t believe how big Lodge looks compared to everyone else on screen! Massive Human
I would love to have known what their exchange of words was about.

• 🤝
Hodko and/or croker will be back to partner Elgey. You'd imagine walker comes straight in to right centre. Jorge to the wing. AFB to start.
If croker and hodko are both fit i wouldn't be surprised to see hodko named on the bench as Api more than likely out.

My team, with who I think will be available, would look this way:

Brendan Elliot
Jorge Taufua
Dylan Walker
Brad Parker
Reuben Garrick
Lachlan Croker / Cade Cust (depending on Croker's hammy)
Kane Elgey
Addin Fonua-Blake
Api Koroisau
Martin Taupau
Joel Thompson
Curtis Sironen
Jake Trbojevic (c)

Manase Fainu
Jack Gosiewski
Corey Waddell
Kelepi Tanginoa

With Suli likely to be out with his broken finger, I think Walks will be back after winning his court case today (the NRL don't have a reason to keep him out now). With AFB back and Sips out, I think Tangles will stay in the side with Boyle dropping back to Blacktown.

And who the 5/8 will be will probably depend on Croker's hammy. Hopefully if he is still out then Cust gets a go. Siro is a better choice than Api in the halves, but Cust is a better choice than either.

Great team mate!

So next week we will hopefully be getting a few back from injury and the team could look like this:

1. Elliot
2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Croker
7. Elgey
8. AFB
9. Api
10. Taupau
11. Thompson
12. Sironen
13. Jake T

14. Fainu
15. Waddell
16. Jetski
17. Tanginoa/Paseka/Boyle

That's a much better team that lost to the Broncos and I reckon we could give the sharks a good run for their money

#17 concerns me. Tanginoa is an absolute cannonball for about two hit-ups then I don't see much impact from him. Haven't seen much in Boyle and Paseka whenever they have been on field so far either.

Based on current injuries

1 Elliot
2 Tafua
3 Walker
4 Parker
5 Carrick
6 Elgey
7 Cust
8 Boyle
9 Fainu
10 Kapow
11 Thompson
12 Siro
13 Jake
14 Hodko
15 Paseka
16 Waddell
17 Tanganoa

Cant see Tafua playing, didn't he do his hamstring in the warm up?

Cronulla are worst hit with injuries than us, hoping Moylan, Fifita and Matt Prior need another week off still. They also will be missing Shaun Johnson, Wade Graham and Aron Woods

i also don't see the point on the 4th tackle in the red zone of Jake taking the ball up towards the post. This ploy of running towards the post was to try and mess the defence numbering up due to having posts in the way. But it is a waste on the 4th tackle as all we do on the 5th tackle 98% of the time is try and kick into the in-goal area to score, or tackle them in goal. We should be having a shot on the 4th tackle before kicking in-goal on the 5th. Even more so when we only reach the red zone on the 2nd or 3rd tackle.

• Clever
There’s a lot of mixed reports on injuries and returns so with supposedly Turbo, Taufua*, Suli, DCE, AFB, Api and Sipley on the sidelines, I’d like to see a side like this but expect Elliott to keep his spot of course (just wish I could see how Garrick would go at the back)

1.Garrick
2.Taufua*/Miski
3.Walker
4.Parker
5.Elliott/Miski
6.Croker/Cust/Hodkinson
7.Elgey
8.Paseka
9.Fainu
10.Kapow
11. Thompson
12. Sirro
13. Jurbo

14.Croker/Cust/Hodkinson
15.Jetski/Boyle
16.Waddell
17.Tangles/Boyle

Well we might have lucked into 5th this weekend but a loss next week will see us drop to 9th or 10th. Can't afford to lose games against teams that we're fighting fir spots in the 8. Hopefully Taufua, Walker, AFB ,Crocker are all fit to play.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6