Team next game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree Elgey is not a dominant half you can base a team around.

But.....I think its harsh to say we can't beat anyone while he is in there doing it solo.

Croker went down last week and he did enough. His cause was not helped in any way, shape or form when both centres went down as well as Api.

Take Keary, Mitchell, Manu and Friend away from Cronk and he would struggle.

Not saying Elgey is a superstar, but he has not been dealt a great hand...and is a $350k half, not a $1 million one.

I truly think if we did not have another horrendous injury toll, we win that game.

Hasn't Elgey been in first grade like 4 seasons?

I just think he is a minor leaguer. I think if Croker is fit next week he's in. Elgey is just too passive IMHO - should have put Mittens over in a canter to make it 10-0.

I'm not concerned big picture about tonight. Better to lose it all in one game, than put in a massive effort and lose by one point on a referee blunder. We'll be right :)

NYEagle

I was disappointed Cust didn’t get called up tonight. Pulling Sironen out of the forwards affected the forward structure. Pretty excited to see Fainu get a full 80 next week to be honest. Suli going down makes it an easy transition for Walker to return, but I would’ve preferred Walker at Blacktown for 2 weeks to get some match fitness, and I didn’t see him as an automatic shoe in anyway the way our centres are performing. Not many teams going to roll us when we get close to full strength.

Last edited:
Hasn't Elgey been in first grade like 4 seasons?

I just think he is a minor leaguer. I think if Croker is fit next week he's in. Elgey is just too passive IMHO - should have put Mittens over in a canter to make it 10-0.

I'm not concerned big picture about tonight. Better to lose it all in one game, than put in a massive effort and lose by one point on a referee blunder. We'll be right :)

NYEagle

Hence a $350k contract.

I am simply saying he did not lose that game tonight. Nor could he win it under those circumstances.

Losing both centres and a hooker was a bridge too far. In isolation maybe not, but with all the other injuries that was that.

Back rowers at 6, 3 and 4 and then our potent hooking rotation AND then another prop.....and it was on Elgey we lost? Come one.

Hence a $350k contract.

I am simply saying he did not lose that game tonight. Nor could he win it under those circumstances.

Losing both centres and a hooker was a bridge too far. In isolation maybe not, but with all the other injuries that was that.

Back rowers at 6, 3 and 4 and then our potent hooking rotation AND then another prop.....and it was on Elgey we lost? Come one.
Never said that. I just don't think he is very good.
NYEagle

I was disappointed Cust didn’t get called up tonight. Pulling Sironen out of the forwards affected the forward structure. Pretty excited to see Fainu get a full 80 next week to be honest. Suli going down makes it an easy transition for Walker to return, but I would’ve preferred Walker at Blacktown for 2 weeks to get some match fitness, and I didn’t see him as an automatic show in anyway the way out centres are performing. Not many teams going to roll us when we get close to full strength.
Walker is a state of origin standard centre who won Dally M centre of year two seasons ago. Suli and Parker have done an admirable job but they are not remotely in his league talent wise. He’s costing us 600 k - time the man played because he can play and he does lift those around him. The idea of a decimated side with him running around out Blacktown way on 600 k ain’t gunna happen even if Suli was fit.

Fingers crossed DCE’s original target date of the Titans is achievable (that’ll be 4 weeks), you’re right, the attack is going to struggle to a degree until he gets back.

Gotta say though I’m so impressed with Jurbo and his involvement within our attack whilst he continually shows up in defence and takes those middle carries.
Love my Jurbot Mitch but if there is one criticism is the number of unders plays or just standard hitups he does on the 3rd or 4th tackle in the red zone. Happens almost every attacking set when close to line and just seems a waste. Gallen was a bit the same for years , just wanted the ball when something else was needed.Hes got everything the lad but this happens a lot for some reason.

Walker is a state of origin standard centre who won Dally M centre of year two seasons ago. Suli and Parker have done an admirable job but they are not remotely in his league talent wise. He’s costing us 600 k - time the man played because he can play and he does lift those around him. The idea of a decimated side with him running around out Blacktown way on 600 k ain’t gunna happen even if Suli was fit.

Do you have any idea of the concept of match fitness? Why would you bring him in over 2 guys busting their guts and performing when he would be good for 60mins, 20 mins if he loses it and gets binned. I agree he is a top shelf centre, but sheesh. Don’t give a tinkers cuss what he is being paid, doesn’t make him a walk in player.

No Sipley is tough. Tangles is an absolute cannonball for about two hit ups and then seems pretty passive after that. Boyle doesn't look match fit and there is a reason why someone of Pasekas enormous frame hasn't been picked this year.

My team, with who I think will be available, would look this way:

Brendan Elliot
Jorge Taufua
Dylan Walker
Brad Parker
Reuben Garrick
Lachlan Croker / Cade Cust (depending on Croker's hammy)
Kane Elgey
Addin Fonua-Blake
Api Koroisau
Martin Taupau
Joel Thompson
Curtis Sironen
Jake Trbojevic (c)

Manase Fainu
Jack Gosiewski
Corey Waddell
Kelepi Tanginoa

With Suli likely to be out with his broken finger, I think Walks will be back after winning his court case today (the NRL don't have a reason to keep him out now). With AFB back and Sips out, I think Tangles will stay in the side with Boyle dropping back to Blacktown.

And who the 5/8 will be will probably depend on Croker's hammy. Hopefully if he is still out then Cust gets a go. Siro is a better choice than Api in the halves, but Cust is a better choice than either.

Des basically said about a fortnight or so ago that when Walker is available he would be straight back into the side. With Suli's broken finger tonight, it makes it easy as to who misses out.

Elliot
Taufua
Parker
Walker
Garrick
Croker
Elgey
Taupau
Koroisau
AFB
Thompson
Sironen
Jake

Fainu
Gosiewski
Waddell
Tanginoa
It would be a massive relief to get these
players back

Garrick
Taufua
Parker
Walker
Miski
Cust
Elgey
Paseka(CC team of week last week,give him a challenge,why not?)
Koroisau
Taupau
Thompson
Sironen
Trbojevic
Fainu
Gosiewski
Boyle
Waddell
I like Elliot but a back up to be honest,glad we have him though you need guys like that(can't bag a guy because he does not have enough size/power).Cust is needed to give some creativity,Paseka made team of the week in CC,not great work rate but very effective,think he will do well with call up.Just think we will do better with him as starter,but ok off bench...If we had all starters available like Broncos had,that game would have been 30-0 by half time to us.Not sure who else may be available but good effort from this side.

Geez I missed AFB this game. I enjoyed Marty’s running battle with Lodge. I can’t believe how big Lodge looks compared to everyone else on screen! Massive Human

Love my Jurbot Mitch but if there is one criticism is the number of unders plays or just standard hitups he does on the 3rd or 4th tackle in the red zone. Happens almost every attacking set when close to line and just seems a waste. Gallen was a bit the same for years , just wanted the ball when something else was needed.Hes got everything the lad but this happens a lot for some reason.

Doesn't every team do this? For every attacking set in an opponents 20 there is usually 2 or 3 hit ups by middle forwards aimed straight at the posts.

Maybe we can try and get Georgie Burgess mid season as he hasnt been offered a contract for next year. Hey stranger things have happened..:nod::nod:

Garrick
Taufua
Parker
Walker
Miski
Cust
Elgey
Paseka(CC team of week last week,give him a challenge,why not?)
Koroisau
Taupau
Thompson
Sironen
Trbojevic
Fainu
Gosiewski
Boyle
Waddell
I like Elliot but a back up to be honest,glad we have him though you need guys like that(can't bag a guy because he does not have enough size/power).Cust is needed to give some creativity,Paseka made team of the week in CC,not great work rate but very effective,think he will do well with call up.Just think we will do better with him as starter,but ok off bench...If we had all starters available like Broncos had,that game would have been 30-0 by half time to us.Not sure who else may be available but good effort from this side.
Except if Taufua is fit we won't get special dispensation to play Miski?
Miski was good last night.

I reckon this weeks injuries will be costly
I reckon Suli and api are gornski
Afb and croker are weeks away
Walker and jorge maybe i reckon to come in but more replacements required

Hopefully walker will lining up on off the back fence for his hit ups to help the team. He can bring something to this side. A walker cameo as a leader next week is probably our best shot considering our key players missing and the toll this seige mentality is having on the squad both physically and mentally

I thought Elgey played really well. He put in some great kicks in the first half and a few nice balls including one disallowed try. He struggled in the second half as all halfbacks would because we dropped the ball and had no go forward, the broncos defensive line was extremely fast up in our faces and we went nowhere. On top of that he only had one first choice back to work with and two second rowers in the centres - of course his passing was going to look clunky with their lack of timing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4