Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There's 4 changes from last week, how many do you lot want? Unless half the posters on here were made selectors none of you'd be happy. Let's just make 8 changes, that will work. It's taken 2 weeks to realise how much we need Jake "the plodder" in the side. How about we get behind them
Calling for Parker and Croker to be replaced pretty much after every subpar performance, but it seems to fall on deaf ears Im afraid.

Gouda Chan Kum Tong
2580099d272a1c554483ed9cf62b97c2

Smith calls him "Little Cheese" and is a big fan.
Unleash the little che

also a fan of Jake moving back to lock ... I think we will be much tighter in the forwards and Jake will slow down the oppositions play the balls as much as possible ..
I think I agree with you on this @Woodsie. Front Row is Jake's best spot....but it might not be the best for Manly.

He will slow the play down, because that is what he does, and I guess we will concede probably 2 or 3 extra penalties because of it, but maybe that is not so bad as being driven backwards and regularly conceding ground to the opposing hooker. At any rate I would be prepared to see it tried.

I also want to see Jake's short passing game come back and I feel like that would work better from lock, as it used to. He actually has a reasonable short kicking game too - or he used to - and I would love to see more of that.

We have been cruelled the last few games by only really having DCE as a point of attack. Having Schu back is desperately needed and a big help. But I want to have Jake back as well!

I agree but they've made 4 changes this week, albeit through injury but who replaces them. Garrick didn't impress me when he played Centre and for all Parker and Croker faults I could never question their effort
I really think its not too much to ask for a natural 9 to be our actual 9. I remember when we had Chad Randall and Heath L'strange as our 9s, they werent great but at least that was their bread and butter.
I would pinpoint that position for change (and its nothing against Lachlan Croker as a person) for pretty much any natural 9. We won both those premierships in 08 and 11 with Matty Ballin as a natural 9.

I really think its not too much to ask for a natural 9 to be our actual 9. I remember when we had Chad Randall and Heath L'strange as our 9s, they werent great but at least that was their bread and butter.
I would pinpoint that position for change (and its nothing against Lachlan Croker as a person) for pretty much any natural 9. We won both those premierships in 08 and 11 with Matty Ballin as a natural 9.
I thought Heath was a great replacement 9. He would cause havoc with his speed and 54 inside dummies.

@Woodsie At least abuse by your fellow Silvertails beats self-flagellation

Are you quoting established wisdom .. or from personal experiences..

either way, I'm not totally sure it's true. lol

Obv the brains trust is more in tune regarding Gordon than us. I'm slightly concerned that (as usual) we've built him up as the next big hope and will then turn when he doesn't win MoM.

Hopefully Jake's calf is ok. I thought calf injuries were those niggling things that took ages to repair and then went every time you tried to stretch out (though that could just be me...sigh)

Hopefully he wont stifle the play to much as lock (which is what I thought he did last time) but of course when he finally got used at prop... the same 'brains' trust had him playing every minute. You can't red-line a prop like that and not expect them to break down....oh wait.....he did!

I still don't know if Lawton is actually a good hooker or not, but as has been said, he can cover the centres and I don't think gordon can.

Hopefully Keppie gets some decent numbers and Croker puts the defence in two minds with some runs. I really like Croker, but I'm over Manly's square peg- round hole selection policies.

Now the caffeine hit is running out I will stop typing.....

Maybe caused by injury, still, I think the selections this week are a step in the right direction. I like Burbo and Sam Fainu in the forwards. Much younger forward line up. Good to see Schuster back. Be interested to see what Condon offers. Defense seems OK. Good attack, off loads and can score a try. Mobile, which is needed in this side. Still like to see Weekes get another taste of first grade and I note Chan listed in reserves (yes Global, bring him along slowly). I hope this is a pointer that he's soon to be brought into the side on the bench. Feel more confident with this side than I have for several weeks. Of course they may now go out and get flogged. Such is my prognostic prowess

Maybe caused by injury, still, I think the selections this week are a step in the right direction. I like Burbo and Sam Fainu in the forwards. Much younger forward line up. Good to see Schuster back. Be interested to see what Condon offers. Defense seems OK. Good attack, off loads and can score a try. Mobile, which is needed in this side. Still like to see Weekes get another taste of first grade and I note Chan listed in reserves (yes Global, bring him along slowly). I hope this is a pointer that he's soon to be brought into the side on the bench. Feel more confident with this side than I have for several weeks. Of course they may now go out and get flogged. Such is my prognostic prowess

Yep much better side to be honest and raiders are not good enough a side to win 6 in a row.

Calling for Parker and Croker to be replaced pretty much after every subpar performance, but it seems to fall on deaf ears Im afraid.

The ears aren't deaf ... they are just trained to filter out the raucus nonsense being mumbled from the half masticated sausage roll filled mouths of the couch potato's ...

Burbo starting, liking it. S Finau and Condon will be pumped for this one also. Looking forward to seeing how the different combos go with Schuster directing most of the plays.

I made a comment on the Manly Facebook page that Brad Parker should be playing NSW Cup this weekend. It got deleted lol, I don’t hold out any hope
Can’t understand how he gets picked every week worst left edge defence in the competition but still gets picked ???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8