Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think probably coz we have so many big fellas out. I cant see Gordie starting yet. At best he will come onto the bench at some point to share Crokers role. I could be wrong but they're not going to bring on a rookie to start when they have both Croker and Lawton. They just wont.
Agree.
It's hard to give a rookie a go ( especially @9) when the team isn't travelling well and our top 17 has been stretched.
If we were humming along and all forwards fit then by all means give him a run but it'd be throwing him to the wolves picking him now.

I've raised it before, I don't think we've had the same 17 for two games in a row.

Agree.
It's hard to give a rookie a go ( especially @9) when the team isn't travelling well and our top 17 has been stretched.
If we were humming along and all forwards fit then by all means give him a run but it'd be throwing him to the wolves picking him now.

I've raised it before, I don't think we've had the same 17 for two games in a row.
Tell that to Wayne Bennett. His backline is full of nobodies/youngsters and Milford is out of the equation, yet look how theyre travelling. Wayne isn't afraid to blood young players if he thinks theyre ready. Meanwhile at Manly, theres a narrative that it's too risky to play youngsters even if the incumbents are getting their asses handed to them just about every week. I guess it explains why the Dolphins have Bennett and why we are stuck with Sleepbold.
2 weeks ago Wayne gave a young Te Whare a crack and he scored two tries, this is a guy that was playing well in reserves. Yet when Vaega has a brainstormer of a game, he's back in reggies while Parker is still playing busted in 1st grade. Go figure.

Last edited:
So changes are only injury forced, the Seaman is lucky the players injured were the ones needing a stint in reserves.
As much as Woods is past it, he is probably the biggest loss of the injured, 🤦‍♂️.

We've had the same 17 for two consecutive weeks on just one occasion - Broncos & Sharks - we played poorly in both games.

Hopefully, our left edge attack & defence will improve this week with the inclusion of Schuster & Burbo.

Last edited:
Id be giving Croker the week off and start Lawton at 9 with GT to the bench and see if they can work some magic with getting fowards hitting the line at pace
But what would I know, Im just a pie eater
Well You are an upgrade from us Sausage Rolls eaters ! I would love to see GKCT get a game or at least get upgraded to top 30 this year !

2580099d272a1c554483ed9cf62b97c2

Smith calls him "Little Cheese" and is a big fan.
Unleash the little cheese

There's 4 changes from last week, how many do you lot want? Unless half the posters on here were made selectors none of you'd be happy. Let's just make 8 changes, that will work. It's taken 2 weeks to realise how much we need Jake "the plodder" in the side. How about we get behind them

There's 4 changes from last week, how many do you lot want? Unless half the posters on here were made selectors none of you'd be happy. Let's just make 8 changes, that will work. It's taken 2 weeks to realise how much we need Jake "the plodder" in the side. How about we get behind them
Can’t agree with this enough. When do you see an NRL club make 6+ changes to their side from the previous week? Never.

The changes made this week I feel are absolutely positive and in reality the forward pack in particular is the best we could hope for with the cattle on the sideline.

Tell that to Wayne Bennett. His backline is full of nobodies/youngsters and Milford is out of the equation, yet look how theyre travelling. Wayne isn't afraid to blood young players if he thinks theyre ready. Meanwhile at Manly, theres a narrative that it's too risky to play youngsters even if the incumbents are getting their asses handed to them just about every week. I guess it explains why the Dolphins have Bennett and why we are stuck with Sleepbold.
2 weeks ago Wayne gave a young Te Whare a crack and he scored two tries, this is a guy that was playing well in reserves. Yet when Vaega has a brainstormer of a game, he's back in reggies while Parker is still playing busted in 1st grade. Go figure.
That comparison falls a bit flatter considering Wayne has dropped Te Whare after his debut

For giggles my team would be

Tom
Garrick
Parker
Koula
Saab
The lean mean fighting machine .. THE SHU
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Haumole
Burbo
Jake

Lawton (or Gordon can tan go)
Bully More
Woods
Fainu
Well mate you were damn close maybe they should hire you to help pick the team weekly

Watch the first half of last weeks game and you will see what happens when nobody slows the play the ball down ...

He will be pinged for the odd penalty and 6 again ... but so does every team
Yes, I was becoming very annoying to my fellow seated members I'm sure when I was constantly yelling out "slow down the play the ball!!". It was infuriating. So I'm all for it but poor old Jake gets targeted and so even that split second longer could be problematic - particularly given it's in Canberra and the crowd will be bellowing every tackle.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8