Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm thinking Jackie is making a debut this weekend too.
Given Lawton is injured, wouldn't they only be able to pick him if Weekes as our regular 14 and makeshift dummy half is also injured?
Maybe then they could get the approval of nrl?
Or would they make us select Johns before GCKT?

double hoops

First Grader
Jackie was on the reserve reserve list for Rd 1 as well. Then I'd say Weekes may have been possible listed as cover for the returning from injury turbo, with Lawton injured making Jackie a reserve option at 9.

I may be wrong but I'm of the belief players are listed against positions. That Weekes and Jackie are both in the reserve reserve list may suggests Weekes may be covering else where than 9 this week.

The other option is Jackie has been upgraded to the 30.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
So let me have a go at this ..

IF Croker goes down ... Jake goes to hooker ..
IF DCE or Shuster go down ... croker goes to the halfs ... jake goes to hooker ..
IF a centre, winger or fullback goes down ... Fainu goes to centre .. and the others adjust accordingly ...
That's the best we can do if Flash Gordon stays in the extended reserves, if Flash comes in it makes options 1 and 2 look a lot better.

double hoops

First Grader
Wingers, outside backs seem to go down just as much as forwards. Our hooker shoulders not the best to before the kickoff. AOA another big prop at lock. It’s got to change.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I thought Harper was better than Parker last week. Parker is developing a habit of coming in, leaving the winger exposed. Harper needs to feed Saab the ball. He runs in too. Annoying pair.
Parker has to hit in if the 6 and 12 hit in as well. The issue starts when the players inside are interested in the lead runner. If you watch the replay, you'll see Cooper Johns turns his shoulders in (a big no no) and has eyes for Jarome Hughes (even though Tuilagi has him covered) and that makes the decision for Parker who now has to come in and protect the outside shoulder of his teammate in the event the lead runner gets the ball. If Vaega had reacted quicker, he could have wrapped the ball up before R Smith passed to Warbrick. If anything, Parker is the last person to blame for that try. It's Cooper Johns and then a slow reaction from Vaega to follow his centre in.

Last edited:

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Still think our centres are a weak link. Weekes being dropped? Sad but if its for Fainu then these players need their chance to show their goods. Strong bench though no relief for Croker, which concerns a little. Would like to see someone more mobile at lock. Still think Burbo and Parker are the type of players ideal for lock positions.

DSM5

First Grader
Leonard, I'd agree, but those two aren't fast enough off the mark to make the tackle, or shut the ball carrier down.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Leonard, I'd agree, but those two aren't fast enough off the mark to make the tackle, or shut the ball carrier down.
If Cooper Johns does his job properly, i.e. trusts Tuilagi with Hughes, Parker and Vaega wouldn't need to be fast enough to stop that try. In saying that, I do think there are occasions where their lack of speed is concerning. Sometimes a faster centre will be able to mitigate a defensive mistake from the inside, but Parker is not one of them :)

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
If Cooper Johns does his job properly, i.e. trusts Tuilagi with Hughes, Parker and Vaega wouldn't need to be fast enough to stop that try. In saying that, I do think there are occasions where their lack of speed is concerning. Sometimes a faster centre will be able to mitigate a defensive mistake from the inside, but Parker is not one of them :)
Spot on, that try was on the whole left edge defence but Cooper was the most out of position, he only had eyes for Hughes. In that situation Katoa was his man.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We might see GCKT debut this week. I can't see us running with the bench as it stands today. There is a real prospect of either Woods or Sipley dropping out and GCKT slotting in with an injury exemption for the hooker position. This could also explain why Weekes drops out of the seventeen, as we can't have both on the bench simultaneously.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I propose a left field idea. Let’s get rid of the team announcements and let coaches pput on whatever players they want in the 17 on the day… as long as they are from the legitimate squad. Imagine the intrigue and extra mind games between coaches!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I propose a left field idea. Let’s get rid of the team announcements and let coaches pput on whatever players they want in the 17 on the day… as long as they are from the legitimate squad. Imagine the intrigue and extra mind games between coaches!

I think the afl used to do that...and boy oh boy did the media whine about it every week. Especially when coaches would say someone was in, then not pick them.

Of course, we have gambling in the nrl so the bookies need the teams for the odds.

But yes, name the jersey flegg team, then change it later.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
as many of you know ... team list Tuesday has been put back to team list Wednesday this week due to the late Tuesday games ...

How I will survive the stress of an extra day's wait is another story ..

But it is heading for an explosive team announcement with the possible outs being Turbo, The Shu and Parker

Will we see the debut of Myer ?

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I noticed in yesterdays presser that Shu wasn't mentioned when talking about injuries. I can't seem to find anything anywhere that he's actually injured. Any clues?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16