Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

He goes and goes. Hasn't made much of a dent but enthusiasm should be rewarded I guess. Same as Fainu, the difference being he has made a dent.

edit - also, there's no-one else left!
I think it's more a case of no one left than anything else. He doesn't bend the line for Blacktown, let alone FG. He seems like a good bloke and competes hard, he just lacks talent and leg speed.

I think we will win comfortably and so we should. Thought our middle was pretty strong v Newcastle. Tom needs to come out firing. No more half arsed limp efforts. Schu and Turbo combining for plenty in predicting. Will have a 4 tryscorer multi on this one.
I think the Dolphins will really make a contest of this one. Hard experienced forwards, a really underrated 9 and some handy outside backs. I think they've named a strong side and we will have to work for this one. Like all Bennett sides, they defend well but he also has a knack of keeping the attack really simple but highly effective. They run the old fashioned shapes but with precision and seem to be able to find tries for their wingers. Our edge defence is hardly encouraging. I think we might scrape home but it won't be by much.

Funny how people saying we win by plenty... same people very confident about the titans game. Dolphins have a real grit about them. If we win, will be close. 1-12 the bet both ways
Certainly smells of the Titans game alright. Their only chance is an early ambush on us, shouldn't be any complacency from us, to much on the line to lose this one.

Funny how people saying we win by plenty... same people very confident about the titans game. Dolphins have a real grit about them. If we win, will be close. 1-12 the bet both ways
The betting agencies don’t agree. Manly $1.30 Fins $3

Will be a lot closer than people think. Would not surprise if Dolphins win against a mistake riddled Eagles. Dolphins have been admirable in effort and commitment. Can't say the same about the Eagles. Really need Tom somewhere near 85-90%.

The team knows it's an opportunity to move back into the 8 , so a great performance is needed .We should win by 13+ .Let's go Manly .

Will be a lot closer than people think. Would not surprise if Dolphins win against a mistake riddled Eagles. Dolphins have been admirable in effort and commitment. Can't say the same about the Eagles. Really need

That is it in a nutshell ...

Our floggings have come on the back of us making 6791 errors in the first half of games with the resultant 0.13% possession ...

It's ours to lose ..

They will turn up to play simple, rugged footy and down our end.....waiting for mistakes and to win ugly and out enthuse us.
Need to really get out the blocks with intent and show them we are up for it from the kickoff, not a game we want to give away that famous 10 - 16 point lead and come home hard to lose by 2 points.
The Manly side offers massive strike this Friday and should create plenty of opportunity, but if Manly turn up lacking the energy of the opposition, will make it a frustrating game.
THis is a genuine test to see where the team is and if they want to compete in finals or be looking over shoulders for a bottom half finish.
My tip is Manly by 22 with the wingers both grabbing doubles.
I feel a BIG win coming up as well feathered friend @maxta
1686098283645.png

Tuipulotu has done nothing but let in tries every time he's played this season so I don't see why he gets the call up over Vaega who impressed in one of our best wins of the year. Don't mind Garrick in the centres though given our only other option there is Harper

Coming to accept Gordie won't play this year until it's too late but if he's not a better option on the bench than Condon I'm not here. We're already carrying 3 props in the starting lineup with Keppie at lock and with Aloiai and Bully on the bench we hardly need another middle forward. I get the concerns with his size and defence but I'm more concerned about our lack of strike at dummy half over the last 4 years, and it's not like he needs to start when Croker can get the harder defensive stuff out of the way early. Perfect game to debut him in front of a packed Brookie crowd which means he definitely won't play

Anyway I do expect a good win this weekend but strap yourselves in for the two weeks after against our two biggest rivals, without DCE for one and Turbo likely for both, it's not going to be fun

Our biggest hope for a team list this week should be M. Moses at half for NSW.
I believe we can only get better if we start to beat teams with their better players on the field

If we pass this test we can become Genuine Title Contenders

The Contender Boxing TV Series is back

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2