Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Probably agree with this ordinarily Ron, but Tui didn't make any mistakes and deserves an extended run, form permitting of course. But I'd be happy either way if Vegas jaged the wing spot tho.
Tui did his normal thing and ran a mile infield which led to an open passage down our left side for their opening try, we originally signed him as a centre but I think it's unlikely that we're going to see him there and he's shown time and time again that he's lost in defence on the wing

Tui did his normal thing and ran a mile infield which led to an open passage down our left side for their opening try, we originally signed him as a centre but I think it's unlikely that we're going to see him there and he's shown time and time again that he's lost in defence on the wing
He's not alone their, attacking backline plays are super slik these days with players in motion, tip-ons, cut out balls and what not. Its hard to find a winger who can read opposition plays and get it right on a regular basis.

Tui did his normal thing and ran a mile infield which led to an open passage down our left side for their opening try,
But didn't he also make a similar play a bit earlier which succeeded in causing the Dolphin player to drop the ball?
I'm just guessing, but surely the backs are coached. And working to a plan, or even various plans, when it comes time to defend the line? Tough to always get it right but I'd be surprised if our wingers just always rush up on impulse and brain explosions and the coaches have never noticed.

But didn't he also make a similar play a bit earlier which succeeded in causing the Dolphin player to drop the ball?
I'm just guessing, but surely the backs are coached. And working to a plan, or even various plans, when it comes time to defend the line? Tough to always get it right but I'd be surprised if our wingers just always rush up on impulse and brain explosions and the coaches have never noticed.
I can't imagine that they'd be coached to leave their wing open and if they are then why?

He's not alone their, attacking backline plays are super slik these days with players in motion, tip-ons, cut out balls and what not. Its hard to find a winger who can read opposition plays and get it right on a regular basis.
I can only put it down to a lack of faith in their inside man, especially when there's an attacking raid down that side of the field, I don't understand that with fast rushes and tip ons why a winger would deliberately create a passage for his opposing winger to score, if a team is sliding with the flow of the attack surely there's no need for the winger to come inside to assist their centre partner, some teams rarely have this problem while it's a regular occurrence with us

I can only put it down to a lack of faith in their inside man, especially when there's an attacking raid down that side of the field, I don't understand that with fast rushes and tip ons why a winger would deliberately create a passage for his opposing winger to score, if a team is sliding with the flow of the attack surely there's no need for the winger to come inside to assist their centre partner, some teams rarely have this problem while it's a regular occurrence with us
100% Ron, is like ground hog day, nothing changes. Through Schuster and Tom and now we have two fast penetrating centres we force opposition wingers to do what Tui does, come in and try to cut of the movement before it gets momentum.

100% Ron, is like ground hog day, nothing changes. Through Schuster and Tom and now we have two fast penetrating centres we force opposition wingers to do what Tui does, come in and try to cut of the movement before it gets momentum.
And in reality it's the very thing that creates that momentum

Today I believe.

Wouldn't a Jake miracle be nice..... and yes yesI know he is still 2-3 weeks
We coped well without Jakey against the Phins, but up in class v Eels. The boys will be wanting to build of this, sensing good vibes for us this Sat.

Two things I noticed from the Blacktown highlights on the Manly website today 1) Weekes a bad dropped ball that led to a try at FB and 2) a very good cut out pass from Arfer to set up a try. Will be interesting to see if either or both, make the team.

Weekes will be fullback and I expect he'll go well.
Let the Eels 3rd and 4th string kickers try to target him. We could try geting players back to support him when the kicks are coming.

Weekes will be fullback and I expect he'll go well.
Let the Eels 3rd and 4th string kickers try to target him. We could try geting players back to support him when the kicks are coming.
The weekend kick he dropped was not a high kick, it was "grubber". I've been a supporter and I think he has been pretty safe under the high ball. I'm now concerned about his focus during games. Anyway, we'll see. Obviously, if he's picked I hope he is solid and we get a win.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8