Team for next season.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
take walker out the equation for the first month with wright more than likely his replacement. i think we may be in for a tough start to the season

I agree................and 3 of our first 4 games are against sides which finished out of the 8 last year.

A poor start will make it a very long season.

We desperately need a big name signing, to give the team a lift, and the supporters a lift.

Mate, there was an article recently stating Walks is well ahead of schedule and is looking to be fit and firing round one :)

My prediction for round one:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Someone Special
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiewski

With a settled coach, a full off season, top 4 team.

Any youtube highlights of Someone Special? I'm struggling to see where he magically appeared from?

take walker out the equation for the first month with wright more than likely his replacement. i think we may be in for a tough start to the season

Provided he's not injured, Brad Parker would get first call if Walker missed the opening round(s). Depending on injuries I reckon Wright would be lucky to play 5-7 NRL games in 2018, and none of them (ok, maybe 1 or 2 at best) will be in the starting XIII unless we're struck by injuries a-la 2015/16.

Whats with all the negativity? We dont have a big name signing so what? Do we need one that badly? We played amazingly this year in very inconsistent patches, with a young inexperienced team, we managed to beat top 4 sides and also compete with them. Imagine our side in 2018 with more experience, more cohesion and more consistency! How can we go backwards? The roster is improving as players get better and more experienced as individuals and a team. Top 4 is where we will finish if we reach our potential which was showcased in various ways in 2017. This side is not getting worse because we wont be adding a Thompson, or a Pearce or any big names.

Round 1 lineup

1 T Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Walker
4 Kelly
5 Uate
6 Green
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Lussick
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Winterstein
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Brown
15 Perrett
16 Lane
17 Fonua-Blake

Whats with all the negativity? We dont have a big name signing so what? Do we need one that badly? We played amazingly this year in very inconsistent patches, with a young inexperienced team, we managed to beat top 4 sides and also compete with them. Imagine our side in 2018 with more experience, more cohesion and more consistency! How can we go backwards? The roster is improving as players get better and more experienced as individuals and a team. Top 4 is where we will finish if we reach our potential which was showcased in various ways in 2017. This side is not getting worse because we wont be adding a Thompson, or a Pearce or any big names.

Round 1 lineup

1 T Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Walker
4 Kelly
5 Uate
6 Green
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Lussick
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Winterstein
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Brown
15 Perrett
16 Lane
17 Fonua-Blake
Exactly. Sides get better with age, and although I'd prefer we do make the Pearce signing, if we don't the quality within our side will remain. Young players from last season such as Kelly and the Trbos will continue to develop and improve, whereas combinations within the side will continue to develop and players will have greater understandings of eachothers playing styles.

Pearce is a legit chance though, he likes the Northern Beaches, has some friends at the club, and would like the opportunity to play in a side with the likes of DCE, Taupau, Uate, Walker, Jake and Tom Trbojevic you would think

Exactly. Sides get better with age, and although I'd prefer we do make the Pearce signing, if we don't the quality within our side will remain. Young players from last season such as Kelly and the Trbos will continue to develop and improve, whereas combinations within the side will continue to develop and players will have greater understandings of eachothers playing styles.

Pearce is a legit chance though, he likes the Northern Beaches, has some friends at the club, and would like the opportunity to play in a side with the likes of DCE, Taupau, Uate, Walker, Jake and Tom Trbojevic you would think
The Pearce boat has sailed.

The Pearce boat has sailed.
Silence does not mean it's not a chance, he's on holidays at the moment, being the reason for silence. A Roosters fan's inside information states that Pearce will go to Manly. I'm not at all saying this is true or that he is reliable, but the rumour is still circling, the rumour is still alive and the club hasn't made any moves to shut it down. Strange, as this rumour, if false, would have drastic impacts on Blake Green and his will to remaim at manly. Thus, if it's #fakenews manly would've said something about it

All is alive and well in the rumour department, this one has backbone

Mate, there was an article recently stating Walks is well ahead of schedule and is looking to be fit and firing round one :)

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Someone Special
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiewski

A good team ryan and with no major problems could surprise , but a 6 and 11 will see us top 4 no doubt. I think we can get through with kelly and parker for another season , so no need for panic there .

The YART proposes basically the same side as we had in 2017. If that is the case then you need to look at who in the 17 are likely to improve, and who have peaked and are likely to be on the way down. The way I see it we have five of these such players in the YART - Uate, Green, Taufu, Frankenstein and Brown. That leaves us with 12 players who should have more impact in 2018 because they are still young and on the improve.
That's not such a bad stat.
Naturally I'd like to see some of our premiership-winning Under 20s pushing for first grade, and we also seem to have greater depth in 2018 than 2017. All in all I'd be happy if we finished eighth . . . because we know the formula to winning the comp from that spot!

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Someone Special
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiewski

I like;

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Pearce/Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Frank Winterstein
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Taniela Paseka

Jack Gosiewski, all going well in pre-season, should be one of the starting back-rowers as he will bring more energy than Frank and by all accounts, a more damaging ball runner. I replaced Brown with Winterstein as I think he can cover both backs and forwards so is a better all round choice (defensively). We really need Paseka to "show us the money" and I hope he doesn't head the way of T-Rex etc.

I like;

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Pearce/Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Frank Winterstein
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Taniela Paseka

Jack Gosiewski, all going well in pre-season, should be one of the starting back-rowers as he will bring more energy than Frank and by all accounts, a more damaging ball runner. I replaced Brown with Winterstein as I think he can cover both backs and forwards so is a better all round choice (defensively). We really need Paseka to "show us the money" and I hope he doesn't head the way of T-Rex etc.
That'd be my side as well, with either Gosiewski or Tanginoa in that second-row position. Winterstein needs a simplified game where he can just come on and rip in for 20 minutes, rather than to ease in and out of games as he is. Tanginoa and Gosiewski have potential and I'd be happy with either starting, then they can truly develop.

Whoever works themselves into starting positions will get them though

Silence does not mean it's not a chance, he's on holidays at the moment, being the reason for silence. A Roosters fan's inside information states that Pearce will go to Manly. I'm not at all saying this is true or that he is reliable, but the rumour is still circling, the rumour is still alive and the club hasn't made any moves to shut it down. Strange, as this rumour, if false, would have drastic impacts on Blake Green and his will to remaim at manly. Thus, if it's #fakenews manly would've said something about it

All is alive and well in the rumour department, this one has backbone
Problem is we cant outbid Sharks or Knights

That'd be my side as well, with either Gosiewski or Tanginoa in that second-row position. Winterstein needs a simplified game where he can just come on and rip in for 20 minutes, rather than to ease in and out of games as he is. Tanginoa and Gosiewski have potential and I'd be happy with either starting, then they can truly develop.

Whoever works themselves into starting positions will get them though

I'll give you a tip young Harry, all Winterstein needs is a 5/8 that will actually use him.

Problem is we cant outbid Sharks or Knights
Sharks will lose Holmes if he goes there, so theyll likely pull out, and knights are based in newcastle. Pearcey won't want to move to Newcastle, unless he's a delusional idiot

I'll give you a tip young Harry, all Winterstein needs is a 5/8 that will actually use him.
True, although he could've gone to the middle to help out more in 2017, fan of his myself, but reckon this'd actually help him out plenty.

I like;

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Pearce/Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Frank Winterstein
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Taniela Paseka

Really great team too, Anthony. Best part about our team is both consistency, AND age - we are a young team, and I believe in barrett's ability to develop (some say that's his strength). I just think the foundations are in place for a really solid year ahead.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12