[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
With no turbo this year it was always going to be a tough year.

Really we are not in to win the comp this year so if there is some forward planning that could help here , as much as it pains me to say it, I would go ahead with it

Nordburg

First Grader
I guess if true, then I'd either say:

Yeah, but no playing against us. (Though I'm not sure if that's enforceable)

or

fine, but just like melb always say, we want a like for like type of deal

Or just nope, you can finish out this year. We've had our fill of 'player boycotts.'
A swap is not in Manly’s best interests.Taupau has only 3 months left on his contract,so it would be better to take the cap space which could be $200K.Who are Parra releasing that is of quality or going to make a difference to Manly this year?Unless they’ve identified someone in the lower grades or junior reps,why bother.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The fight over IndyCar champion Alex Palou is headed to court as Chip Ganassi Racing filed a civil lawsuit in Indiana against the Spanish driver who is attempting to leave the team at the end of the season.

“Alex Palou is under contract with Chip Ganassi Racing through the end of the 2023 season,” the team said in a statement.

“He is a valued member of our team, and we will continue to support him in chasing wins, podiums, and IndyCar championships.

Someone else wanting a release..!

(lol)

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
This is heartbreaking for me, and I'm trying not to get emotional about it. One of my all time faves !

But we tend to just waste cap on what's already here, and frankly, that's not giving us forward momentum.

We've blooded all the high end potential players, and here we are, .400 team, and losing Foz, Walker, Taupau, Davey, Fainu may not play, Taufua & others and bringing Kelma only.

We NEED some talent mate.

Blooding does not equate to the finished product.

Koula, Olakau'atu, Shuster etc etc all have significant improvement in them

And we still have talent to come through.

But yes if we can pick up some external talent then all good

Kalvin

Bencher
We have:
Aloai
Paseka
Keppie (I know he's injured)
Bullemore
Boyle
De Luis

All to fall back on.

It's good business to let him go now imo... he ain't going to be here next season anyhow and hasn't been setting the world on fire & would be fair to him for his last few years of service!

Who knows maybe 200k may help sla certain someone backflip on their 2023 contract (ok maybe wishful thinking)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You're right but if he can stay healthy and produce the same effort as last night I'd be more than happy to keep him on the books

True, I was more making a joke like when they say "some boxer just earned 450,000 a minute or 37k per punch" - thingie (thingy?)

Ryan

Journey Man
Let go go, sign up Sean Russel from their outside backs. Blood rousmansous and Tuitavake this year.

He can take keppie with him

How many Blacktown Workers team players do we WANt in our top team next year? Do people know how Blacktown's been performing?

The Royal Soup

First Grader
That’s it then, Blow the team and the season up and start again next year, after last nights loss, Barring a miracle we are done for this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18