Taufua: Two year contract extension.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With Jorge re signing , would seem to add more intrigue into retaining Walker and Parker now that Garrick and Suli are on extended deals and young Hoppa also on the books for next season . Cust and most likely Croker being re signed can not be too far away either one would think and again looks like that young Metcalfe will still be in the main squad next year also for added interest . Tom Turbo [ and Jake ] upgraded contracts for next season . Seems a bit still happening behind the scenes but no doubt a bit more to follow in approaching weeks in player retention . . .

Have to admit I didn't see that contract extension coming. Love Horhay and all his efforts over the years but feel like he is slowly getting left behind in the modern game.

Anyway hope he can crack the 100 try mark over the next two years it'd be a nice reward for him..
Must be money on the books and Manly front loading Jorge's contract to end when the current Broadcast deal ends in 2021 :nerd:

I’ll put my hand up to admit I among many others slated him and called for him to be let go after his past few seasons including lots of injuries.
But this year he has impressed me and a few weeks ago I heaped his praise. He’s stood up when the pressure was on him and has well and truly earnt the extension.
Hopefully he keeps up the good form and it wasn’t the fact of playing for a contract

Good on you T,I have to admit that I thought your time had come....Every team needs a guy that will play a role for little cash(they call them clubman) but in reality it is just circumstance.Stay injury free and keep producing....You will always be a bad game or performance away from being a scapegoat on here.Such is life......Your efforts will not be lost for many of us....

Pretty clear that Jorge is a big part of the positive team culture these days, even though he's had a few off-field issues when he was younger. I too have been pleasantly surprised with his form this year, he is not the fastest but is definitely one of the strongest wingers and he can produce a bit of fear for the opposition at times. Well-earned extension!

Congrats to Jorge for the extension, massive improvement this year so great reward. To score 100 tries for Manly would be a great achievement and he would be only the 4th player to do so, will run it close on current scoring rate over the course of new deal

He was great yesterday
I have no doubt Des has called for more involvement
And he’s getting it in spades

Change the title to Taufua.... Time to get a new contract ;) I believe he would have signed a pretty mediocre contract to stay. At a bargain price then there is no real down side to extending Jorge. Now its up to him to hold down his position this year and beyond

Puzzling considering we have Garrick on one wing and Hopoate, Anderson, Miski and Funa waiting. We'll lose 1 or 2 of them now.
I get the feeling Anderson doesn’t have as much potential in the NRL as a manly player. Don’t think he suits our needs. Miski a little bit the same, although has some potential to be the sharp, piercing energy ball we need. Don’t know enough about Funa, Hoppa if he doesn’t break down may prove a knowledgeable addition to the backline with all his brother’s experience to pry off.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7