Taufua injury?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manly have a good list (when fit)
Lost me with this I just don't see it even at full strength we have big holes. Let's say what you say is true we have a hooker who will be lucky to play at all next season and a fullback who hasn't shown himself durable enough to dream he will be fit for a full season (even half a season is hard to imagine).
On top of that a 5/8/centre who struggles to get on the field. A winger who the coach rates as first choice who seems like he has picked up a 12 month injury.

If we could guarantee Tom plays a full season I'm onboard a top4 side but until he proves he can play a full season I struggle to see it.

Lost me with this I just don't see it even at full strength we have big holes. Let's say what you say is true we have a hooker who will be lucky to play at all next season and a fullback who hasn't shown himself durable enough to dream he will be fit for a full season (even half a season is hard to imagine).
On top of that a 5/8/centre who struggles to get on the field. A winger who the coach rates as first choice who seems like he has picked up a 12 month injury.

If we could guarantee Tom plays a full season I'm onboard a top4 side but until he proves he can play a full season I struggle to see it.
It’s tough I agree and now hard to see given the 2020 disaster. However imo when at full strength no injuries at all, we have a good list (17 at least). I honestly believe if we offload Walker we can really bolster a couple of positions (AJ and a backrower). Time will tell I guess.

I would still think for us to sign Johnson we would need to offload say Walker. I highly doubt we will just add him to what we have.
I do think Johnson would carve up as left winger outside Schuster and teaming up with Turbo down the left. Schuster will create so much space that Johnson would benefit from with his sheer speed
I’d love to offload Walker tbh

I am saddened to see Jorge injured like this.

160 first grade games (20th most capped all-time Sea Eagle), 87 tries (equal 5th most for Manly) including one in the 2012 GF.

Was often the only one willing to hit it up when we had our backs to the walls and needed 10 yards the hard way.

I hope he can get back even if it is only to get back in Super League and get the pay day he deserves.

A Manly great in my books.

Last edited:

160 first grade games (20th most capped all-time Sea Eagle), 87 tries (eual 5th most for Manly) including one in the 2012 GF.

Was often the only one willing to hit it up when we had our backs to the walls and needed 10 yards the hard way.

I hope he can get back even if it is only to get back in Super League and get the pay day he deserves.

Would have loved to see him get to 200 games for the club and become our most capped winger and also crack100 career tries. Been a champion for along time. At least it looks like it's only a calf injury, because they were talking achilles rupture at one point last night in the coverage. He is signed for next year, but he's not getting any younger, nor any more evolved as a winger. I'm not sure he comes back from this unfortunately. And I don't think he'll go to ESL because of his family situation.

Would have loved to see him get to 200 games for the club and become our most capped winger and also crack100 career tries. Been a champion for along time. At least it looks like it's only a calf injury, because they were talking achilles rupture at one point last night in the coverage. He is signed for next year, but he's not getting any younger, nor any more evolved as a winger. I'm not sure he comes back from this unfortunately. And I don't think he'll go to ESL because of his family situation.
And as emotive as we all get at times, some here need to give themselves an uppercut around the disrespect shown to Jorge on these pages.

Legend of a Manly player but I think the grim reaper has had his time in the sun. He is not the only older player young fast blokes are carving up as the game evolves into touch footy. Been amazing watching the apprentice become the master but he has been missing those up and in hitman shots all season. Last year they stuck this year teams are playing deeper and this defensive structure has to go.

160 first grade games (20th most capped all-time Sea Eagle), 87 tries (equal 5th most for Manly) including one in the 2012 GF.

Sorry, beg to disagree. His lack of speed and clumsiness has been a major factor in our edge weakness over several seasons. We have had the worst outside backs in the League and he has epitomised that.

Sorry, beg to disagree. His lack of speed and clumsiness has been a major factor in our edge weakness over several seasons. We have had the worst outside backs in the League and he has epitomised that.

What exactly are you disagreeing with?????

1 my opinion I am sorry he is injured.

2 the fact he played 160 first grade games (20th most capped all-time Sea Eagle)

3 the fact he scored 87 tries (equal 5th most for Manly) including one in the 2012 GF.

4 the fact he was often the only one willing to hit it up when we had our backs to the walls and needed 10 yards the hard way.

5 my opinion he is a Manly great.

What exactly are you disagreeing with?????

1 my opinion I am sorry he is injured.

2 the fact he played 160 first grade games (20th most capped all-time Sea Eagle)

3 the fact he scored 87 tries (equal 5th most for Manly) including one in the 2012 GF.

4 the fact he was often the only one willing to hit it up when we had our backs to the walls and needed 10 yards the hard way.

5 my opinion he is a Manly great.
Well said Bob
I have been fortunate enough to witness Jorge in the sheds after a game and see how he is a respected and passionate team man

every player who has sang the team song would echo your comments

any fan who disagrees does not know what it means to be a manly supporter

Jorge will always be part of our fabric in some shape or form and should be respected

shame on anyone who forgets effort and past heroics

I would put Horhay as a club great. Although his time is up as a back and probably the nrl unless he wants to try a risky shift to our second row stocks (starting as depth-cover cause he would be on little money, especially w/ loyalty discount).

This injury will be a bad one to recover from and probably slow him down more. Im happy with medical retirement, if not maybe let his presumably cheap contract run its duration with him as purely depth (and for being a good person around the team)

1599655448341.png

Post footy career? (lol)

I spoke to that lady not long after (well emailed I mean) and she echoed the sentiments that it was a nice thing for Jorge to do, and appreciated it.

I'm a big Jorge fan and he and the coach can make those retirement decisions. I wish him well for a speedy (no pun intended) recovery)

Anyone think Jorge could of transitioned into a backrower/lock?
Certainly built for it, his carries would be fine, I’m not sure about his line running or consistent defensive efforts. Certainly would have some of the big fellas in the middle keeping him in their peripherals.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4