Taufua injury?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It’s tough I agree and now hard to see given the 2020 disaster. However imo when at full strength no injuries at all, we have a good list (17 at least). I honestly believe if we offload Walker we can really bolster a couple of positions (AJ and a backrower). Time will tell I guess.
You really dislike Walker eh? Like to know who you’d have as centre & what backrower you’d sign?

You really dislike Walker eh? Like to know who you’d have as centre & what backrower you’d sign?
We have options in our current roster:
Centres: Tyfuna, Harper, Hoppa Jnr, Anderson, Burbo, Miski
Backrowers: Guaca, Tenterfield
Why wouldn't DESpicable give all of them a chance in the last remaining matches in order for Manly selectors to gain an insight into whether they will be of NRL standard in 2021, or whether we need to strengthen these positions?

We have options in our current roster:
Centres: Tyfuna, Harper, Hoppa Jnr, Anderson, Burbo, Miski
Backrowers: Guaca, Tenterfield
Why wouldn't DESpicable give all of them a chance in the last remaining matches in order for Manly selectors to gain an insight into whether they will be of NRL standard in 2021, or whether we need to strengthen these positions?
Mate not one of those centres comes close to Walker when healthy.......as for the backrowers it’s exactly my point, we don’t need backrowers! Maybe get another winger / centre & ok another forward? To be honest we don’t need to release anyone of note just yet.
Tom T
Funa
Walker
Suli
Harper
Schuster
DCE
AFB
TBA......hopefully Manase / Levi
Marty
Olakau’atu
Siro
Jake T
Res: Cust, Paseka, Keppie, Gosiewski
Depth: Garrick, Parker, Hoppa Jr, Taufua, Ben T, Metcalf, Anderson, Boyle, Waddell, Titmuss, Sione Fainu, Saddler....
We have a killer team if the Gods look upon their health!!!!!

Mate not one of those centres comes close to Walker when healthy........
Here's where we differ. I believe Walker is overrated. Judging by the Forum it seems half of us are Pro-Walker (you) and the other half (me) happy to see him go. So let's leave him out of the argument for the time being.
What we still don't know is whether Tyfuna, Hoppa Jnr, Harper, Burbo, Miski or Anderson will be capable of taking his place or not. My current thinking is that Tyfuna and Harper have great potential and that Hoppa Jnr is promising despite not setting the world on fire in his two appearances. As for the others, we haven't seen them play this season so who knows?
Most of us seem to think Parker has had more than enough chances to prove himself and is not quite at NRL standard, and Suli doesn't look like being a great centre either.
I'd like to see all our roster given a run so that I'll be able to form a more accurate opinion of their worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a NFL study on achilles injuries... This study showed that 31 acute Achilles tendon ruptures occurred in NFL players between 1997 and 2002. The average age of a player sustaining a rupture was 29, with an average career before injury spanning six years.

Of the 31 players who sustained an Achilles tendon rupture, 21 (64%) returned to play in the NFL at an average of 11 months after injury. In the three seasons following their return, those 21 players saw significant decreases in games played and power ratings compared to the three seasons preceding the injury.

It's fair to say we have seen the last of Taufua. Some players never return and the ones that do aren't near as good. Taufua was already behind in speed etc. Even if he does recover, his ability would NOT be NRL standard. Based on this you'd have to think a medical retirement is surely on the cards. Des needs to tell him we can look after you in retirement next year but if you wish to try and play on, it will be at Blacktown.

This is a NFL study on achilles injuries... This study showed that 31 acute Achilles tendon ruptures occurred in NFL players between 1997 and 2002. The average age of a player sustaining a rupture was 29, with an average career before injury spanning six years.

Of the 31 players who sustained an Achilles tendon rupture, 21 (64%) returned to play in the NFL at an average of 11 months after injury. In the three seasons following their return, those 21 players saw significant decreases in games played and power ratings compared to the three seasons preceding the injury.

It's fair to say we have seen the last of Taufua. Some players never return and the ones that do aren't near as good. Taufua was already behind in speed etc. Even if he does recover, his ability would NOT be NRL standard. Based on this you'd have to think a medical retirement is surely on the cards. Des needs to tell him we can look after you in retirement next year but if you wish to try and play on, it will be at Blacktown.
Jorge has been a great servant and all great things come to an end for all

I think he has earned the right to try be a forward in the back row if he wants to. Other than that id only offer him a position somewhere in the club staff maybe but I don't really know where that would be.

No disagreement with what is most likely going to come however i do believe he deserves the right to try come back before the conversation is had

No disagreement with what is most likely going to come however i do believe he deserves the right to try come back before the conversation is had
Yes but remember it's basically 2021 gonski and he may well never come back as he was so its a pretty big " deserves the right".

Sadly football is a business these days

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10