Taufua injury?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was Taufua's injury an ACL? If so, he might join Foran in the "never see them in the NRL again" list. That would be his 2nd ACL and a long recovery, would only be ready for the last couple months next year and a lot Of guys would have jumped ahead of him by then. Hopefully we can medically retire him and not be stuck with his contract next year

Was Taufua's injury an ACL? If so, he might join Foran in the "never see them in the NRL again" list. That would be his 2nd ACL and a long recovery, would only be ready for the last couple months next year and a lot Of guys would have jumped ahead of him by then. Hopefully we can medically retire him and not be stuck with his contract next year
It happened right in front of me - it was ankle or foot related not a knee

Shocking injury for Jorge. Hes been a good servant for the club, now its time to call time. We need a winger who makes good decision defensively and time and time again Jorge is out of position and exposed by kicks be it grubbers or bombs. Time to give some new blood a go.

In 9 seasons Taufua has only played 20+ games in a season 3 times... his body just isn’t holding up

I think people seem to forget that Jorge would fall under the longevity salary rule for players who have been at the club for 8+ seasons.

Jorge has been with us since 2012, so technically $200K of his salary wouldn't be included in the salary cap.

With the money left over that is included in the cap, we would barely have any money left to sign a player on minimum wage.

I love Jorge as a clubman and am proud he’s played for us. Just seems like a humble individual who I’m sure the boys love having around. His role in previous years cannot be understated either. He has served as an extra forward bringing it out of our end and no surprise the impact on his body. That said his time with has come to an end imo. He’s just too slow and gets exposed on kicks far to often. He’s never been a good reader in D either. I hope he can get medically retired and take on a position at the club as a welfare officer or similar. Will always be a solid clubman Jorge.

Has had his share of defensive issues this season and kick recoveries but can hardly recall him missing any high balls directed to him this season and certainly improved last season as well .Wasn "t aware of his devoted care of his invalid mother until recently which of course while not Footy unrelated , certainly a good reflection of a quality human .Most likely some better wing options to be considered next season but regardless hope that all goes well for his recovery .

Whole hearted player always put his body on the line. Sad the way it's gone these last few years but let's not forget the good times either.

As for the NRL letting us medically retire him bahahaha. We're not Souths. He could lose a leg and the NRL would knock us back. Souths player gets dandruff he's medically retired.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4