talkinsport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Masked Eagle said:
Darryl Williams. He was a bit of a trailblazer. Plus he was the bloke Mal Meninga tried to tackle and when he broke his arm on the goal post. He's also had an impact off the field after sitting the judiciary for many, many years.

I've heard he was the first Kiwi to win a Premiership in Australia. Anyone know if this is true?

Was he on? I was listening at that time and heard nothing even mentioned he was ever coming on.

eagles2win said:
Masked Eagle said:
Darryl Williams. He was a bit of a trailblazer. Plus he was the bloke Mal Meninga tried to tackle and when he broke his arm on the goal post. He's also had an impact off the field after sitting the judiciary for many, many years.

I've heard he was the first Kiwi to win a Premiership in Australia. Anyone know if this is true?

True

What about Nikau at the Sharks and then Melb. ?

Was it Mark Graham who played for the Bears, he was the kiwi captain for a long time wasn't he ?

Williams was the first to win a comp, have been plenty since though

Yeah Mark Graham was with the Bears, was a bit before my time but heard plenty about him

Did $BW get a mention?

I hated what he did but will admit the kid dstroyed teams on his own. Cab remember what he did for the 'Dogs against the Broncos and it was scary

I called up but they haven't called me back yet. I just wanted to say that I'd like to let Bulldogs fans know what the score ended up on Saturday night seeing as though most of them left the stadium soon after halftime.

Yeah good of bones to also mention the big support that Manly gets at Suncorp.... and the gallop issue :D

In all of this no one has yet mentioned the 2 semi final games that manly played at SFS in 07 and 08. I was at both of them and from memory crowd attendances were above 30,000. Might be wrong on that and does anyone have those figures?

Both semi finals were against out of town teams (Nth Qld and Warriors) and both times the crowd noise and vibe through the game was truly awesome!!

Last saturday night the 8.30pm kickoff would have weighed heavily against many people and families attending. Plus all the distractions through the week of Zorba, sponsors etc might have dampened down the vibe of some fans who were thinking of going.....

Dragons fans have been ringing up bagging Manly fans about the small crowd on Saturday night. I called and reminded them that the Dragons only got 15574 to their home final against Manly last year. Compare that to 2008, when Manly hosted the Dragons at Brookie in a home final the crowd was just under 20000.
I also said that several Bronco fans at Suncorp have told me that after the Dragons , Manly get the biggest following of any Sydney team in matches played at Suncorp.
And I finished it off by saying that I hope its a Manly v Storm GF this year because if 14000 fans can drown Gallops voice out in Melb yesterday, imagine what 80000 Manly and Storm fans can do during the GF presentation. Tunks went on to say that the head of the NRL should not be treated that way and I said ' they should if they deserve it'

Cambo said:
The Xmas triplets make a come back lol

I did try to get one in Cambo.... I asked why Manly fans don't get free train travel from Manly to the city. Only Hughes laughed.

brookiegreg said:
Yeah good of bones to also mention the big support that Manly gets at Suncorp.... and the gallop issue :D

In all of this no one has yet mentioned the 2 semi final games that manly played at SFS in 07 and 08. I was at both of them and from memory crowd attendances were above 30,000. Might be wrong on that and does anyone have those figures?

Both semi finals were against out of town teams (Nth Qld and Warriors) and both times the crowd noise and vibe through the game was truly awesome!!

Last saturday night the 8.30pm kickoff would have weighed heavily against many people and families attending. Plus all the distractions through the week of Zorba, sponsors etc might have dampened down the vibe of some fans who were thinking of going.....

Crowd V Warriors at SFS in 08 was 32095
Crowd v Cowboys at SFs in 07 was 32611

[/quote]

[/quote]

Both these games were the GF Qualifying Finals, so not really a true comparison, in both those years we played our first semi at Brookie.

[/quote]

Both these games were the GF Qualifying Finals, so not really a true comparison, in both those years we played our first semi at Brookie.

[/quote]

Yes and we didn't sell either of those out and they were against Sydney teams.

In the end it comes down to that St George vs Parra game in 09 and St George's stupidity to not move the game. They ruined it for everyone else.

Well done Bones, would have been good to hear you tear the Dragons supporters and Tunks apart.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mate a good enuff comparison for me.... because: #1 its a finals game at the SFS, #2 featuring Manly, and #3 played against an out of town team. Game set match I reckon

Thanks Bones, these 2 figures of above 32,000 would drown out those wankers who were ringing up and whinging on 2SM today!!

Email below I am going to send into Hughes at Talkinsport this arvo , for the last couple of weeks he has been questioning Manlys Salary cap at how we can sign up all our players etc saying to numerous callers that what our top 6 players wages etc blah blah

if you want me to add anything to it let me know

Graham
For the last couple of weeks I have listened to you insinuating that Manly are somehow over the Salary Cap....., lets look at the dogs for 2013 ($4.4m for the 25 highest paid players at each club)
T-Rex $600k, Kasiano $400k, Inu $200k...thats $1.2mill
then add Graham, Pritchard, Ennis, Tolman, Morris and Barba at say $250K each so lets say thats now $2.7mill of Cap gone and still 16 more players to fit into the $1.7k

so you have the hide to question other teams caps
Cheers John

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4