Tales from "The Hill"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Got my golden eagles season ticket, which let me have a fantastic seat right on the fence, hill side middle( @The Wheel used to be right by me).

I got there early to watch all 3 grades back then (NYC, Reserve grade and First grade). We were playing the bunnies.

Gates opened at 11 or something, NYC to begin at 12 or there abouts.

This little old duck (looked to be in her 80's or 90's the precious little thing) waddled in on a walker , and she eventually sat on the fence side bench, about 20 metres to my left (where the general public could sit). She had her bunnies scarf draped over her frock. Her golden girls styled grey hair flowed softly in the wind.

Must be watching her great grandson or something I thought at the time.

Nice warm summers days, you get the footy smells , feels , noise , but always quiet , relaxed to begin.

Well, the young boys from NYC run out, and she puts her book away and looks up. Adorable little old lady.

The whistle blows to start the game.....

She jumps out of her seat, and boots the fence with one foot (thud!). Her Walker tumbles to the ground. She grabs the fence with both hands and leans forward over it (shaking the thing)...and swiftly screams at the top of her lungs (and enough velocity to shake the Jane Try Stand):

"COME ON YOOO FARKINGGGG CAAAARRRNNNTSSS!!!!!!

Hahahaha. Hence to say, I was completely shocked !! Almost choked on my pie !!

Oh so many. The best days for me though was early days of silvertails in 2004 and gathering on the hill and building something great.

I have such great memories with matabele, Manlybacker, canteen worker, the wheel, @Ryan and just so many really awesome people it's been a great ride and I'm so thankful for all the times

Oh so many. The best days for me though was early days of silvertails in 2004 and gathering on the hill and building something great.

I have such great memories with matabele, Manlybacker, canteen worker, the wheel, @Ryan and just so many really awesome people it's been a great ride and I'm so thankful for all the times
Remember the Reserve Grade semi when one of the Dogs players wanted to jump the fence - Cuthbo had a blinder, Thurston was playing for the Dogs

• 😆
Reactions: Dan
I remember @Dan reminding George Karmont (from the Knights) how tight his pants were all the time ! Hahaha.

Was it him Danners?

I remember @Dan reminding George Karmont (from the Knights) how tight his pants were all the time ! Hahaha.

Was it him Danners?
Where your socks mate? Are you missing socks or shorts?

Haha repeat for 80 minutes up and down the sideline

Remember me farking walking out at half time with the ****s (literal tantrum) at Brookie when we played the Panthers boys?

I missed Manlys biggest ever comeback in that second half haha. Boy did I cop it !

Anyone remember the one against Panthers when Matas told the bloke he was stuck behind some other bloke so mustn't be able to play and we go non stop verbal haha was brilliant

Remember me farking walking out at half time with the ****s (literal tantrum) at Brookie when we played the Panthers boys?

I missed Manlys biggest ever comeback in that second half haha. Boy did I cop it !
Was the dragons mate. You walked out on the dragons. You said "if they score once more I'm leaving" and then you left and everyone was confused.

The Panthers was when we were at the Steyne with Undies and manlybgot thrashed 62 - whatever and you just left undies and I there having a laugh

It was a Friday night game against the Rorters - circa 2006. Wedged between 1000's of like minded supporters and absolutely loving the game

From a distance a lady (that I think in polite circles would be called "plus sized") eyes a postage sized patch of grass in front of me and my mate, to make matters worse she is adorned in the Red White and Blue of a Rorter supporter. We all know the rules - don't try to get anywhere near halfway after kick off, and don't dream of it if you are an opposition supporter.

Full credit she shimmies between supporters and positions herself to claim the 3 spare blades, it is awkward there is barely enough space for her - let alone the full roast chicken she has tucked under her wing (beats the luke warm pies that's for sure). Just as she begins the Tetris worthy move Manly score - everyone jumps up and the poor lady gets caught of balance. She slips and lands rather ingloriously on her rear - thankfully she is OK, everyone around goes a tad quiet.....then my mate says just loud enough for those around to hear "hey, show some respect - replace that divot"

He wore a full roast chook around the chops for his trouble - but damn it was funny

It was a Friday night game against the Rorters - circa 2006. Wedged between 1000's of like minded supporters and absolutely loving the game

From a distance a lady (that I think in polite circles would be called "plus sized") eyes a postage sized patch of grass in front of me and my mate, to make matters worse she is adorned in the Red White and Blue of a Rorter supporter. We all know the rules - don't try to get anywhere near halfway after kick off, and don't dream of it if you are an opposition supporter.

Full credit she shimmies between supporters and positions herself to claim the 3 spare blades, it is awkward there is barely enough space for her - let alone the full roast chicken she has tucked under her wing (beats the luke warm pies that's for sure). Just as she begins the Tetris worthy move Manly score - everyone jumps up and the poor lady gets caught of balance. She slips and lands rather ingloriously on her rear - thankfully she is OK, everyone around goes a tad quiet.....then my mate says just loud enough for those around to hear "hey, show some respect - replace that divot"

He wore a full roast chook around the chops for his trouble - but damn it was funny

That was GOLD hahaha

Was the dragons mate. You walked out on the dragons. You said "if they score once more I'm leaving" and then you left and everyone was confused.

The Panthers was when we were at the Steyne with Undies and manlybgot thrashed 62 - whatever and you just left undies and I there having a laugh

I remember you dropping the eff bomb a few too many times at Albion Park one year at a trial (versus the Dragons).

It was you, me, Undies and someone else I think, and this fat bird goes "if you keep going on like that, my husband will do something about it".

We look at the bloke standing behind her, his eyes going wide, shaking his head as if to say "no the **** I won't" hahahah...

I remember you dropping the eff bomb a few too many times at Albion Park one year at a trial (versus the Dragons).

It was you, me, Undies and someone else I think, and this fat bird goes "if you keep going on like that, my husband will do something about it".

We look at the bloke standing behind her, his eyes going wide, shaking his head as if to say "no the **** I won't" hahahah...
Hahaha yup remember it like yesterday. Driving back in your territory in the fog, the gout brigade of blocker and a few others limping to the coaching area

I don't know whether I should have, but I burst out laughing at that one.

Sadly I have no hill stories.
I could see it when I was sitting in the dugout for my first (and only) brookie game in 2011 (warriors) and I wandered around it last time I was in sydney. 290ad

Oh...and this was nice :)

TV0meLs.jpg

I do remember a Saturday arvo on the hill in 1994 when we played the Sharks.

That season their best player Andrew Ettingshausen had a legal dispute with a media outlet about a video that revealed well all of ET including the bits he would call private.

That day on the hill Manly were carving up the Sharks and there was a break in play near the sideline on the hill side. The crowd at the time was quiet until one boisterous voice came out and sledged to ET that he has a micro dick!, Well the crowd burst out laughing and ET fatally looked at the hill and the noise tripled!

Larrikin days back then!

In 2008 someone called out to Wendall Sailor to stay away from the white line, his first year back from his drug ban, brought the house down.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8