Tales from "The Hill"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A dear, departed mate of mine used to love shouting out "BOUNCE FUNNY!!!" every time Manly put up a kick back in the day when we were at home games.

I don't know if it was his original or something he'd heard someone else shout out on the hill & appropriated it thereafter, but he loved using it.

RIP big fella.

I remember I went to a match, Manly vs North's I think. A scrum was packing down in the south east corner when Bozo decided to make a replacement. The game was held up while Jim Serdaris ran on as the replacement. As he got to the scrum Scott Fulton ran off, when Scott got to the sideline Bozo obviously wanted someone else off, so Scott turns around to run back to the scrum. Play is held up for a good five minutes. As Scott got to the scrum a lady calls out "Dad said I could play for a bit longer"

Got my golden eagles season ticket, which let me have a fantastic seat right on the fence, hill side middle( @The Wheel used to be right by me).

I got there early to watch all 3 grades back then (NYC, Reserve grade and First grade). We were playing the bunnies.

Gates opened at 11 or something, NYC to begin at 12 or there abouts.

This little old duck (looked to be in her 80's or 90's the precious little thing) waddled in on a walker , and she eventually sat on the fence side bench, about 20 metres to my left (where the general public could sit). She had her bunnies scarf draped over her frock. Her golden girls styled grey hair flowed softly in the wind.

Must be watching her great grandson or something I thought at the time.

Nice warm summers days, you get the footy smells , feels , noise , but always quiet , relaxed to begin.

Well, the young boys from NYC run out, and she puts her book away and looks up. Adorable little old lady.

The whistle blows to start the game.....

She jumps out of her seat, and boots the fence with one foot (thud!). Her Walker tumbles to the ground. She grabs the fence with both hands and leans forward over it (shaking the thing)...and swiftly screams at the top of her lungs (and enough velocity to shake the Jane Try Stand):

"COME ON YOOO FARKINGGGG CAAAARRRNNNTSSS!!!!!!

Hahahaha. Hence to say, I was completely shocked !! Almost choked on my pie !!
Just goes to show that you can take the girl out of South Sydney, but you can't take the South Sydney out of the girl.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8