T- Rex signs with Blacktown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
I always got the feeling that T rex loves playing footy. He just seems to lack the dedication for tne top grade. He obviously liked the money that came with first grade.
Now he may be happy just to play for blacktown.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I always got the feeling that T rex loves playing footy. He just seems to lack the dedication for tne top grade. He obviously liked the money that came with first grade.
Now he may be happy just to play for blacktown.
Time will tell .
We know that he has the frame to make an impact on the game but it is up to him.
With time we all go through stages of state of mind .
He has asked Des for an opportunity and this could also mean he wants to prove him self again and be rewarded with a better pay .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Whatever you do . please don't post a T-Rex low lights video ...... I don't have the necessary 8 years running time required left on this mortal coil to watch it ...
All good Woodsie . We all have different views here and if we did not express them this forum would be very boring .
At the end of the day It is all up to Trex to have the last say and you Woodsie could be right

StuBoot

Bencher
Wasted most of his prime and still lacks a sense of urgency out on the field :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yep, I always thought he was a big guy that played football because that’s what he was good at as opposed to a big guy that was a “football player”.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Haven’t read all the comments on here regarding him but assuming most will be negative , I don’t see how anything bad can come of it

My main memory of how his career unfolded with us is that he was crucial in our 2011 run, moved to the forwards and was absolutely dominant and scared teams, and that form earned him all his rep jumpers. The next season he did his back reasonably badly and for some reason after that he lost something in his game. Whether he ever finds that again I don’t know but won’t cost us anything to have a look in lower grades

Sue

Bencher
Some people have short memories what this player is capable and I am glad Des does not have dementia like some on here saying T-Rex played his last game 8 years ago .???
When T rex left us for $600 he was the most brutal back rower and Australian rep player . Williams was not sacked by the Dogs he was released .

T Rex at his destructive best and not 8 years ago.
Boz I love your confidence but right now you would be signing Donald Duck as a ball playing prop forward because he would improve under Dessie.
I’m always with you about speed and X factor you say is needed but just because Dessie( who I love as a coach) gets his hands on a player doesn’t mean he’s going to be a star. All of a sudden you have Brad Parker going from a rag doll to a champion centre and mediocre forwards becoming powehouses because of Des. Doesn’t happen like that.You can only get so much out of a player thin on talent regardless of coaching and effort.

To win comps you need the cattle and Dessie will improve that as he goes along. Our squad is top heavy with stars but little depth atm and Crusher and Dessie etc will work on that I’m sure but it doesnt mean that fringe first graders here now will become stars over night with the arrival of Desmond.Hes good but can’t work miracles. This will take time.Hes done it before with steady improvement and we’ll be a threat to the big dogs in 3 years, not overnight. I just hope fans show patience because this is going to be a tough year.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Boz I love your confidence but right now you would be signing Donald Duck as a ball playing prop forward because he would improve under Dessie.
I’m always with you about speed and X factor you say is needed but just because Dessie( who I love as a coach) gets his hands on a player doesn’t mean he’s going to be a star. All of a sudden you have Brad Parker going from a rag doll to a champion centre and mediocre forwards becoming powehouses because of Des. Doesn’t happen like that.You can only get so much out of a player thin on talent regardless of coaching and effort.

To win comps you need the cattle and Dessie will improve that as he goes along. Our squad is top heavy with stars but little depth atm and Crusher and Dessie etc will work on that I’m sure but it doesnt mean that fringe first graders here now will become stars over night with the arrival of Desmond.Hes good but can’t work miracles. This will take time.Hes done it before with steady improvement and we’ll be a threat to the big dogs in 3 years, not overnight. I just hope fans show patience because this is going to be a tough year.
What I was saying mate was that our Season under the rookie and incompetent coach Trent was atrocious as we nearly escaped the wooden spoon thanks to parra and under an experienced and proven coach like Des we will see an improvement to all our players and our team and if Donald Duck was in our top 30 NRL squad then we would also see him improve under Des as well .
Des will make a difference as most great coaches do
download.png

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Haven’t read all the comments on here regarding him but assuming most will be negative , I don’t see how anything bad can come of it

My main memory of how his career unfolded with us is that he was crucial in our 2011 run, moved to the forwards and was absolutely dominant and scared teams, and that form earned him all his rep jumpers. The next season he did his back reasonably badly and for some reason after that he lost something in his game. Whether he ever finds that again I don’t know but won’t cost us anything to have a look in lower grades
He hurt his back playing origin from memory.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I recall he was the Dogs biggest signing in a decade and played a horror season
When he was in form, keep n mind he had Foran ripping into him constantly and a Manly side chock full of quality
He could be ok ff the bench if keen and hungry, will always remember his try when steamrolling Slater who done a backwards cartwheel....them the days

Peter C

Bencher
What I was saying mate was that our Season under the rookie and incompetent coach Trent was atrocious as we nearly escaped the wooden spoon thanks to parra and under an experienced and proven coach like Des we will see an improvement to all our players and our team and if Donald Duck was in our top 30 NRL squad then we would also see him improve under Des as well .
Des will make a difference as most great coaches do
View attachment 10849
As the saying says, " You can't polish a turd" and our backline is just that, especially with Walker gone now, mind you I've never been one of his fans, he's done SFA over the past 18 months

Ryan

Journey Man
Maybe Des is looking for the slowest backline to have ever graced the NRL?

01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
04. Brad Parker
05. Tony Williams
06. Trent Hodkinson

Dear lord hahaha. What's happened to our club to end up with players like these?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
As the saying says, " You can't polish a turd" and our backline is just that, especially with Walker gone now, mind you I've never been one of his fans, he's done SFA over the past 18 months
You call our back a turd . You are entitled to your opinion but I disagree . I believe Des can "polish" and get the best out of our back line and he has plenty of potential to work with ......
Tom Turbo is a Super star ,
Tuafua when playing with confidence he is a power house
Speaking of powerhouses Suli at 18 years of age and is still growing
Garrick is a young player with evasive skill and plenty of speed
Hoppa has plenty of good judges saying he will be the next big thing
Funa , is a bright young prospect and so is Anderson
Parker also has improvement in his as well .
Elliot is a reliable player that wont disappoint
As for Walker, prior to the 18 moths where he has been injured and playing out of position at 5/8 was NRL centre of the year and 24 years of age he is at his peak at his career

The moral of the story ? ...........
You cannot polish a turd but you can polish capable football players

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17