Sydney FC to host A-League game at Brookvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's hope our season this year mirrors Sydney FC's and not the Western Sydney Wankerers.
I've been to 3 matches this year and seen 3 wins.

Unsurprisingly, Sydney FC have pulled out of playing the first ever A-League game at Brookvale Oval due to a bad surface. They'll now face City on March 17 at Leichhardt. #ALeague

Surely there are some pretty real concerns now about the surface for our first match against the Roosters?

Unsurprisingly, Sydney FC have pulled out of playing the first ever A-League game at Brookvale Oval due to a bad surface. They'll now face City on March 17 at Leichhardt. #ALeague

Surely there are some pretty real concerns now about the surface for our first match against the Roosters?
Not surprised. As previously mentioned the soccer boys need a flat smooth and fast surface of which Brookvale is not. Yet another black mark against the bloody council who once again due to their incompetence as lost a great opportunity of gaining much needed sports exposure on the Northern Beaches !!

What a disgrace !!

Not surprised. As previously mentioned the soccer boys need a flat smooth and fast surface of which Brookvale is not. Yet another black mark against the bloody council who once again due to their incompetence as lost a great opportunity of gaining much needed sports exposure on the Northern Beaches !!

What a disgrace !!

100% mate - On the eve of the season to see the state of the pitch last week for the Waratah's game and the movement of our trial and now the Sydney FC game, is worrying.

I'm sure the club are absolutely filthy with the situation.

100% mate - On the eve of the season to see the state of the pitch last week for the Waratah's game and the movement of our trial and now the Sydney FC game, is worrying.

I'm sure the club are absolutely filthy with the situation.
Who in their right minds vote these morons on to to the Council ! I don't live in the area but its obvious that their bloody ignorance and inability to ensure that their prime sporting venue (Brookvale Oval) is up to standard borders on incompetence and a lack of understanding.

They don't deserve to have a professional sporting team playing out of there and if I were Manly I would tell them to stick it and look at an alternative venue even though it would hurt many of us supporters who love going there and watching the mighty Sea Eagles play.

These guys just don't get it so why pay the exorbitant Lease fees for what has unfortunately become a virtual cow paddock. The Manly Club, players and supporters deserve better !! Its time to make a stand !

It’s really sad that the council is so ****house. I feel sorry for the local shops, pubs, cafes etc that would have been counting on the A League game for some extra patronage. Shame on them.

It’s really sad that the council is so ****house. I feel sorry for the local shops, pubs, cafes etc that would have been counting on the A League game for some extra patronage. Shame on them.

... and I assume the loss of the ground hire fee for both the trial and the soccer ..... that income would have covered a fair bit of ground maintenance .....

remember you vote these Councillors in ..... perhaps if somebody has the Council email we could sent them a few emails suggesting they make more of an effort ....

Hey shut up I voted for Rory! It's probably because of him stopping rate hikes that the other councillors are being dicks!

The Sea Eagles should cancel matches at Brookie until the council fixes the ground surface. This would be upsetting for the fans, but if its explained its for the safety of the players and its the council's responsibility, not only would the fans be angry with the council, but council would not be getting the money they expect from games being played there. Put the onus back on them

I had plans to go this match
As has been said what a disgrace this is from the council, would have been another opportunity to showcase brookvale oval. The locals would of got behind it.
Council are now just looking unprofessional as it’s losing reputation because of poor ground management

Last edited:
Council doing there best to rid Manly of the Sea-Eagles. Playing right into Greenturds hands. The tax payers should be filthy at this incompetence, loss of revenue, and loss of opportunity of attracting high profile sports to the district. Disgraceful!

I had plans to go this match
As has been said what a disgrace this is from the council, would have been another opportunity to showcase brookvale oval. The locals would of got behind it.
Council are now just looking unprofessional as it’s losing reputation because of poor ground management

As a Sydney FC member, I was also planning on going to this match.

Honestly, I was surprised (pleasantly) when this was announced. I'm not surprised, however, that it has been moved.
The playing surface at Brookie is just sub-par. The council needs to close the ground off to the general public and treat like it was the home ground of a professional sporting team.

Oh wait. It fecking is.

Last edited:
Honestly...

Does the council even want to have a sporting ground that attracts nation-wide, televised football codes?

Or would they rather piss off the tenants from Brookvale and sell the land off for high-rise real estate?

As a Sydney FC member, I was also planning on going to this match.

Honestly, I was surprised (pleasantly) when this was announced. I'm not surprised, however, that it has been moved.
The playing surface at Brookie is just sub-par. The council needs to close the ground of to the general public and treat like it was the home ground of a professional sporting team.

Oh wait. It fecking is.
Same here I am a Sydney fc Member and local
I had a group of 20 mates all going to the match
We are all northern beaches locals and love brookvale oval..think they would of got 15,000 to the match.
Northern beaches Council really are taking the mockers out of us ratepayers, there are better local surfaces in the area and brookvale oval is the one hosting professional sporting matches.
I wholeheartedly agree until the council stop allowing the public to use the oval and treat it professionally then we are going to continue to be disappointed.
I never want manly to leave brookvale oval but unless the council changes its whole strategy behind maintaining the ground nothing is going to happen.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6