Sydney FC to host A-League game at Brookvale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
sydney fc can go and get f...d

Being from Adelaide, I agree hehehe.

Seriously though, Sydney FC playing a home game at Brookvale can only be a good thing. Hopefully the game against Melbourne being a success, plus hopefully more games in the future, means a better chance of funding for upgrades to the ground. And upgrades are what is needed to keep the NRL from making us play home games somewhere else in Sydney.

Get them in there permanently if we can. Or get Union to play their games there. You guys are right. The more the ground is used by other codes, the more likely the upgrade will get a boost.

I wouldn't have thought the playing surface at Brookie would suit soccer, has it been upgraded recently?
980x.jpg

I'd like to see us play them one half of soccer, one half of league, league played first. I reckon after the first half they'd be down a few players.

This a step in the right direction. Instead of competing with other sports we should be embracing them.

If we get a few games of Rugby a couple of A league games and the regular Eagles stuff we would be much more of a chance to get funding.

The people of the northern beaches need better, all these beautiful beaches to go to during the day just aren’t enough. I could only spend 3 hours at Longy today frolicking in the crystal clear blue water before I got bored.

Get them in there permanently if we can. Or get Union to play their games there. You guys are right. The more the ground is used by other codes, the more likely the upgrade will get a boost.

Good news... Waratahs are playing Round 1 of their 2019 Super Rugby season at Brookvale following the success of their game there in 2018 (even though they lost):

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/10/22/super-rugby-2019-waratahs-brookvale-oval

It is optimistic but I hope our local/state/federal government representatives are paying attention.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8