Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2017 onwards will be interesting. A lot of key players moved on/on very last legs/retired etc..

So Foz admits things still aren't good. It seems Foz is tight with those that aren't happy these days, but I'd prefer he not be getting involved with the Stewart, Watmough, Skivvy issues.

Those like BJ, Ballin, Horo, Jorge, DCE just want to get on with it. Foz hanging around the unhappy parties looks as though he is being poisoned with what the unhappy parties are talking about between themselves.

This happens in the workplace a lot, people unhappy and look for allies to justify their issues.

southsideeagle said:
Not sure if it has been mentioned here but Paul Kent (sorry did I say something wrong) was asked who would be the first to leave Manly. He said Matai but not until after 2015. Ok everyone one has guesses and half educated guesses but that is his take for what it is worth.

That would work about right for us. Skivvy has just turned 30 and will be headed for 32 during the 2016 season. Another season of development will have Hiku ready to step into his shoes.

Choc may well leave then too. Choc is 31 now and will be headed for 33 at that stage, so again this will likely fit in well for us with the young brigade coming through.

Brett may well leave then too (Although contracted for 2017). Brett will be 31 by then and that's about when Gutherson will be primed to step up.

NEXT!!!

Ralphie said:
Skivvy has just turned 30 and will be headed for 32 during the 2016 season. Another season of development will have Hiku ready to step into his shoes.

Choc may well leave then too. Choc is 31 now and will be headed for 33 at that stage, so again this will likely fit in well for us with the young brigade coming through.

Brett may well leave then too (Although contracted for 2017). Brett will be 31 by then and that's about when Gutherson will be primed to step up.

NEXT!!!

Well said, except to my knowledge Brett is contracted to the end of 2016, when he's 31.

ALinda said:
Ralphie said:
Skivvy has just turned 30 and will be headed for 32 during the 2016 season. Another season of development will have Hiku ready to step into his shoes.

NEXT!!!

Well said, except to my knowledge Brett is contracted to the end of 2016, when he's 31.

Oops, my bad.

I find it hilarious that some supporters think dual premiership winning players are found at the bottom of a cereal box. I think the club were playing with fire letting Gifty go; the senior playing group have been true to their word, and kicked up an almighty stink. As much as I love Watmough, Matai, Snake and co. they will all be 30+ by the time (if) they walk out on the club, but to lose Foran at his peak would be devastating for Manly fans.

Snake said:
I find it hilarious that some supporters think dual premiership winning players are found at the bottom of a cereal box. I think the club were playing with fire letting Gifty go; the senior playing group have been true to their word, and kicked up an almighty stink. As much as I love Watmough, Matai, Snake and co. they will all be 30+ by the time (if) they walk out on the club, but to lose Foran at his peak would be devastating for Manly fans.

I agree with you completely and I don't trivialise what's going on, but at some point each of those older players will have to move on. I understand their feelings about what has happened with Gift, but the fact that he has been injured more than not in the past 2 years should be enough for them to understand. What's being done to Fui Fui is worse and yet Choc wants to go to that club, it makes no sense.

I am just fed up with the carry on and want whats best for the Club.

Does anyone know why the players would be holding Toovey accountable for the drama? I was under the impression that the board were responsible for not offering Glenn a contract and imposing media bans and what not.

The 2004 Players are trying to run the place :dodgy:

The Coach puts forward his wish list for personnel , then the Recruitment Committee tries to align that with the Salary Cap limitations.

Foz needs to recognize who is in charge and respect the decisions made for the best future for Manly :idea:

agree with @Ralphie - What's being done to Fui Fui is worse!!!!!! disgraceful actually!

to lose Foz would be completely #$^%!... dont want to even think about that

Snake said:
Losing any of them will be devastating IMO.

The reality is that space has to be found for the next generation.

I think a number of the players in the 30+ bracket are nervous that they may be next in line for the chop and are testing the water. Thing is we have let go many many players over the years, mainly to Brit, when they reach an age where they have very few years left. Only natural that they are feeling insecure.

But realistically if Manly is to hold onto the next generation coming through, money has to be freed. That's just good business. In the 70s and 80s we could have kept all these players and enjoyed almost two first grade sides like we had about 1982. Cant do that now.

The fact that other teams are bringing through their 19, 20 year olds now demonstrates two things. They are securing their future and they are ensuring that the next generation know that they are wanted. We'll lose the next generation unless they see the carrot being offered

The most vocal players bitching about playing for the club that pays them had a shocker tonight.

Foran: Invisible
B Stewart: Couldnt do anything tonight
Watmough: Disgusting. Hands for feet and feet for hands.

These guys need to focus less on being selfish, and get back to working hard.

Play well if your going to defame and be negative about about your team.

Ryan said:
The most vocal players bitching about playing for the club that pays them had a shocker tonight.

Ease up champ. Those 3 have been our best the last 2 weeks so that excuse is just crap. The whole team had a bad night not just those boys.

the mauler said:
Ryan said:

Ease up champ. Those 3 have been our best the last 2 weeks so that excuse is just crap. The whole team had a bad night not just those boys.

Disagree. Lyon had a blinder. DCE was good. Lawrence was decent. In fact, I think quite a few had a decent game. Its the vocal one's that ****ed up.

They need to pull their heads in. Foran can be as upset as he likes at management if he produces every week he bleats his chops. He shot his mouth off and didn't back it up.

They should stfu in cafes.

the mauler said:
Ryan said:

The off the field crap has affected the team. Especially the young ones who don't have that mentality to keep it off the field yet.

Ryan is right. Deadset that was Foran's worst game ever. He is my favourite player but I reckon he cost us the game tonight.

I think it was more than a coincidence that the most vocal players off field played the worst tonight. Easy to talk the talk but they sure didn't walk the walk.

A reality call and kick up the *** is needed - they're still current employees, so how about focusing on what they're being paid to do.

Foran didn't cost manly the game at all. I can at least say that despite thinking many people here over rate him.

KaZa said:
the mauler said:
Ryan said:

The off the field crap has affected the team. Especially the young ones who don't have that mentality to keep it off the field yet.

Watmough seems to be our only forward that bends the line back. He's always been bad with his hands. But you take that. He's our best forward.

Thirty seven missed tackles by Manly tells the story. Lyon made a great one on one tackle to deny Parramatta in the first half but missed Edwards and Radradara (with Hiku) in the 2nd half directly leading to tries. I hate it when a bomb goes to the open side and all the chasers go for the ball with noboby hanging back in case the opposition get possession and break away. Exactly the same thing happened against Cronulla at Brookvale when Stapleton took a bomb and ran the length of the field.

Manly appeared to hit the wall after about 50 minutes. Maybe it's just heavy legs from a spike in intensity of training . Toovey put it down to a poor attitude in the 2nd half which he thought was evident from the opening set of six of the 2nd stanza.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8