Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Brissie Kid

Bencher
If i was Tooves I would have had the whole team stay somewhere over near Kogarah on Monday night and then flown out to Auckland the next day. Keep them away from managers and media for a week.

Stay in NZ until next Thursday would be a good idea.

I've enjoyed watching manly for 30 years or so.

I've never been so disheartened in reading newspapers, or this site, in memory.

This is far worse than Des leaving. I kind of wish Des did take Kieran now.

I am developing a genuine dislike for brett, watmough and CE simply because of the carry on that's going on.

I hope the DIrectors can sort something out, but I doubt anything that is sorted now can lead to positive outcomes for all.

For my 2 cents worth - let stevie go for all he has done for the club, and please let DCE go to the highest bidder.

He's a great player that DCE, but maybe he's just not a Manly man.

cheers

I

And before we get worked up about what Foran said, he did nit say Manly shoukd release Matai - he said if there is an opportunity to earn more $ Manly should assess releasing him as he (Matai) has been earning unders for years

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video/league

niccipops said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:
On channel 9 news Mutiny at Manly

Post a report after the story please. In Queensland we only hear about the donkeys.

Keep the above foxsports link, and this channel 9 one.
The latest videos just get added in after they air.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
HappilyManly said:
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video/league

niccipops said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:
On channel 9 news Mutiny at Manly

Post a report after the story please. In Queensland we only hear about the donkeys.

Keep the above foxsports link, and this channel 9 one.
The latest videos just get added in after they air.
Cheers HM. The Choc story last week never appeared. I'll have a look later but hopefully a Sydney person can post up a wrap the latest episode of the ongoing saga, The Bold and the Sea Eagles.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
voicefromthehill said:
And before we get worked up about what Foran said, he did nit say Manly shoukd release Matai - he said if there is an opportunity to earn more $ Manly should assess releasing him as he (Matai) has been earning unders for years
So it sounds like Matai may have been whinging in Fozs ear

fLIP

UFO Hunter
The first 5 or so minutes of this are good to listen to for a little insight into whats happening.

Watmough is hard to read, mainly because his pages are empty, so dunno what to make of it. Kind of giggles like a busted school girl in over her head at the start.

TBH, Steve sounds like his concerns are being dealt with.

Watmough Matai interview MMM First audio file at the top.

Merdy33

Reserve Grader
Ha!! Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy. I said last night in response to Ritchie's article that the fans aren't turning on the players. Well, the article has achieved what it partly set out to do, and further destabilise the club by having some fans turn against the players (at least more than there were yesterday). Kudos to Ritchie. He played us well.

The responses on here range from the hysterical - the sky is falling and three quarters of the team will be gone by the weekend, to mine – yeah, well Stevie wants to go and a couple more might follow. But it is still all paper talk and we know nothing until there are official announcements.

Whatever happens, it won't be until next year and I'm confident that we'll have a good tilt at this years premiership. If we were to win, that's five GFs and three wins in eight years. What a ride.

We knew the time was coming where our team would be ripped apart by age and salary cap pressures. And given the strong personalities that are involved (and the strength of these personalities was also critical to our success), it was probably never going to be pretty.

So I'm still enjoying the ride, hoping for one more premiership in the short term, and letting next year be taken care of by capable people, both on and off the field.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Good post merdy33.

On another note why aren't rothtool, Ritchie et al congratulating the board for addressing the ageing roster? That used to be the main issue right?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It really is getting ridiculous , Facebook and Twitter are hilarious.

The journos ( the sports ones) are just loving this , it's for them almost better than MH17 is to the mainstream guys.

I hate all journos with a HUGE passion, and god rest all those souls on MH17, what a tragedy.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
voicefromthehill said:
lsz said:
As an aside is this thread now the biggest in ST history?

Not even close to "The Keiran Forum" 1000+ posts on that bad boy

The god debate was the biggest ever thread, it got into something like 3000 or more posts but was deleted by accident and not recovered years ago

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/kieran-foran-sea-eagles-have-issues/1nylyhh8t1gx21wnnwiy1fe6fy

more, this is just getting silly, the club needs to speak to the players about Gifty and Gifty needs to do something about the issue to.

It is even getting tiring from 17,000kms away

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Neil Evans is also starting ... on twitter

Not a good source these days, just pissed off because he wasn't renewed!!

psau14 said:
I've enjoyed watching manly for 30 years or so.

I've never been so disheartened in reading newspapers, or this site, in memory.

This is far worse than Des leaving. I kind of wish Des did take Kieran now.

I am developing a genuine dislike for brett, watmough and CE simply because of the carry on that's going on.

I hope the DIrectors can sort something out, but I doubt anything that is sorted now can lead to positive outcomes for all.

For my 2 cents worth - let stevie go for all he has done for the club, and please let DCE go to the highest bidder.

He's a great player that DCE, but maybe he's just not a Manly man.

cheers

I

Don't let the media , the player managers AND " the leak " get you down.

Manly " Stronger Together Forever"

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Club and Tooves need to pull these players heads in. This is ridiculous. Meant to be professionals. Instead they are acting like children. I feel for the rest of the players. Especially the next generation worthy of getting an extended contract with the club.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Its time for the riot act to be read to the players by Perry.

This garbage has to stop right now!!

Mutiny at Manly, the circus is out of control.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath here. NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB!!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13