Supposed "Crisis at Manly" Megathread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I haven't read a lot on it, but don't need to see players making those kind of quotes, quite disappointing

A lot of it could be taken out of context however, who knows. But if I go the chance to ask them, I'd like to know that if they were so adamant Glenn had to stay, who they thought should be the 2-3 players chopped to accommodate that

I'm gobsmacked at Kieran's comments there, frankly.

Is he daring the coaching staff and management to slap a gag on him?

Is he verifying that yes the Warriors have indeed made an illegal approach to Matai?

Is he presuming to tell the coach and club who they should and shouldn't sign? Or who should be released?

Does he think our backline would be better in 2015 without Matai? Why would he advise weakening our team by releasing Matai?

Fozzie, Fozzie, Fozzie.....Since when did the players become bigger than the club. Given all the cr@p that has gone down over the last week why the hell are the players talking about this to the media. Thought you were better than that Kieran - massively disappointed....

""Everyone is getting on good, it is just a case of there are issues there that need to be sorted."

So the issues are not the players, the issues are above ie: The Greek

Again the real losers in all of this are the fans. We have to try and enjoy the football season with the lingering thought that this team is going to be dismantled. The players are majorly pissed off with management, and are airing their feelings through the media without any concern for how it affects the fans.

We have a good win, and every day since we've had to talk about which players might be leaving and when. Every single one of the disgruntled players is a huge piece of the premiership puzzle. We cannot afford to lose any of them.

1. Good on Foz for coming out and telling everyone his thoughts. As supporters we want to hear honesty from the players, we don't want media beat ups from so called sources.
2. I agree with him if anybody deserves a release it is Matai. He wasn't looking for a way out, but if its true the Warriors are offering him big $$$ he'd be stupid not to ask the club.
3. There are obviously still boardroom dramas going on. For once, I'd like to see our board all working towards the same goals. No split factions, no leaks to the media (we all know who it is) and the sooner he's removed the better.
4. If it is true that our big 5 or big 6 whatever deferred payments so the team could remain together over this successful period we've had, and built the culture and passed it down to the younger blokes...the question has to be asked why DCE doesn't want to buy into it. Surely he knows these older blokes may only have 2 years or so left in them, why couldn't he sacrifice a little in that time and reap the benefits down the track when those blokes are retired.

We deserve it.
With all the so called fans saying "off with the old and on with the new", and if there are a mass exit, then we only have ourselves to blame.

I was totally against letting Gifty go and I could see this coming. The core group was the glue that was keeping this team together. Now the "culture" is dead.

The great aspect of all this drama is how much the Manly Players fight for each other on and off the field. :angel:

I'm sure that 2v has their support, and if they hate the Board - well so be it :cool:

The Manly culture is safe in our hands and the 2v is living proof that it existed prior to 2004 !

I said it during the Gift negotiations, if they were to not sign him it could really affect the player group.
My worst fears are now a reality. Why would the other guys now take pay cuts to stay together, now the brotherhood has been broken.
And I know Gift would've stayed for a lot less than he would get elsewhere and we should've retained him.
If we did I'm sure none if this would be happening.

Jerry1 said:
Moops said:
bob dylan said:
Why not report the positive. Headline could be

Manly to sign DCE and Foran for life.

Let be honest if we lose those 3 oldies and keep our halves I wouldn't be too upset.

Finally! I have been waiting for someone to say it...There isn't a chance in hell of Brett Stewart or Watmough getting anywhere near what they are getting at Manly. Delusions of grandeur, or just plain dumb, I 'm not sure? The club should call their bluff

Lol,

It isn't about money for these players. That's for the new kids on the block who haven't earned the undying loyalty of their piers yet.

Ok, well if you seriously believe that Jerry, then that is all well and good, I commend you. At least you didn't resort to cheap insults this time. As always, I will support the club, not the players. As the great George Costanza said, "You support how you want to support, I will support how I want to support." I will re-iterate what I said, the old, injury-prone players can F off now as far as I am concerned. Oh, you poor darlings, the club made a decision about it's future by letting a player go...get over it!

EagleRock40 said:
1. Good on Foz for coming out and telling everyone his thoughts. As supporters we want to hear honesty from the players, we don't want media beat ups from so called sources.
2. I agree with him if anybody deserves a release it is Matai. He wasn't looking for a way out, but if its true the Warriors are offering him big $$$ he'd be stupid not to ask the club.
3. There are obviously still boardroom dramas going on. For once, I'd like to see our board all working towards the same goals. No split factions, no leaks to the media (we all know who it is) and the sooner he's removed the better.
4. If it is true that our big 5 or big 6 whatever deferred payments so the team could remain together over this successful period we've had, and built the culture and passed it down to the younger blokes...the question has to be asked why DCE doesn't want to buy into it. Surely he knows these older blokes may only have 2 years or so left in them, why couldn't he sacrifice a little in that time and reap the benefits down the track when those blokes are retired.

Of course I'd forgotten it was all Cherry's doing...:mad:

regardless of who comes or goes, it's flat out wrong to drag all this **** through the media...it's not fair on the fans.

Frogz said:
Lots of assumptions in that Mauler...u just cant keep em all.

Where's the assumptions?? If Gift was re-signed Snake , Choc and Foz wouldn't be going anywhere. End of story.
Matai may have left but if board had retained Gift he may well have stayed.
If we now go on to lose Foz because of all this it would be devastating.
Very poor decision by the board IMO.

We lose Foran and that'll be the last straw...

if the board piss the playing group off, don't expect any of them to want to play for you...

For ****s sake. If all of you ****s at Sea Eagles HQ would stop talking to the ****ing media then the ****s would have nothing to ****ing write about.

Stop talking to the media and go about it the right way you bunch of slack jaw ****s!!!!!!!!

Oh and another thing. If all of the board room leaks, players speaking out of turn and the players holding management to ransom doesn't ****ing stop soon i won't be renewing my ****ing membership next year. I know it's only a drop in the ocean but you can bet your ****ing bottom dollar im not the only one.

Stevo said:
No player is bigger than this club.

Except for Daly Cherry-Evans.

And Foran

And the fact that we cannot win a grand final without snake.

Killer isn't too bad either.

the mauler said:
Frogz said:
Lots of assumptions in that Mauler...u just cant keep em all.

Where's the assumptions?? If Gift was re-signed Snake , Choc and Foz wouldn't be going anywhere. End of story.
Matai may have left but if board had retained Gift he may well have stayed.
If we now go on to lose Foz because of all this it would be devastating.
Very poor decision by the board IMO.

Simple solution. Let Matai go and use his salary to re-sign Gift.

Problem solved.

The only thing to do now is let Stevie go, as much as it pains me to say it. I just can't see any other solution, unless we get close to what the Warriors have offered.
You can't keep him if the Warriors offer is nearly double what he's on now. If he is released it may keep the rest of the group content.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12