Suli off to Illawarra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It all comes down to family. He has quite a few friends at Manly however, his family will decide and money will be a key feature. If we can get close, he’ll stay however I think he is currently on a much smaller contract than he was at the Bulldogs.

if the Dragoon’s offer him $200k more a season, he’d be mad not to take it.
I get that a jump of say $200,000, particularly over a few seasons is a Massive difference, that will no doubt come under consideration when considering your future.
On the flip side, have always been of the opinion if you play in a successful side for less dollars, you will play better and be in far more positive spotlight giving far more opportunities for business sponsorship like footy gear , boots, commercials and maybe even a bigger chance involved in footy following your career....and being in a lessor team, as well as not being as enjoyable, may effect these financial opportunities that come with success....and the fact Suli has found a home, good mates and a mentor like Des, would also have to be strong motives for a young man when looking at a long term future.

Yep, you are right, it’s just pathetic and I hate it. However, if he signs with the Dragons, after all Manly did for him, punt him to Blacktown, put Schuster at 5/8 and Walker in the centres

It all comes down to family. He has quite a few friends at Manly however, his family will decide and money will be a key feature. If we can get close, he’ll stay however I think he is currently on a much smaller contract than he was at the Bulldogs.

if the Dragoon’s offer him $200k more a season, he’d be mad not to take it.
Don’t forget his family saw him totally off the rails and without a father figure. I’d suggest it counts for a great deal in their community.

I don't mind the dragons making this offer, if he is driven by money alone it will inspire him to greater heights in 2020, if only to see just how high he can push his price. If he has the year we all think he can sadly we will probably lose him but that will be the case regardless of the Dragons offer.

Does anyone know how his tigers and dogs contracts were resolved, was there a payout? He could already be a very rich young man.

Does anyone know how his tigers and dogs contracts were resolved, was there a payout? He could already be a very rich young man.
I don’t think any payouts, he was let go for Chronic non performance at training and illdiscipline
I hope he stays, there would be a few others I’d sacrifice before I would let him go .i think Des has his back and his measure and Moses would know this as would his family and I think he would say for less .the whole vibe of Manly smells like 2007/2008 to me ,,and I like it !!!!
Go Manly

I don’t think any payouts, he was let go for Chronic non performance at training and illdiscipline
I hope he stays, there would be a few others I’d sacrifice before I would let him go .i think Des has his back and his measure and Moses would know this as would his family and I think he would say for less .the whole vibe of Manly smells like 2007/2008 to me ,,and I like it !!!!
Go Manly
Smells goood

You can bet the Roosters would be able to keep him if he was on their books. Who knows...they're looking for a centre now that Latrell has left?! He might end up there.

In all honestly, as much as I like Suli, I do not think he would be a huge loss. It makes no sense to match the Dragons offer; they have Lafai and Aitken and very little prospects otherwise.

We have Ben T coming through, Schuster (who could play 3 or 6 with the Walker switch??) and Hoppa. I also think the hype around Suli is probably a little inflated. He had a good game in attack against Souths in the semi-final but also leaked points down his edge. For a guy as big as he is, I have noticed he gets dominated a fair bit when he is rucking it out of our end.

I'd rather keep him than lose him, but I don't think it'd be the end of the world if he left.

You can bet the Roosters would be able to keep him if he was on their books. Who knows...they're looking for a centre now that Latrell has left?! He might end up there.

In all honestly, as much as I like Suli, I do not think he would be a huge loss. It makes no sense to match the Dragons offer; they have Lafai and Aitken and very little prospects otherwise.

We have Ben T coming through, Schuster (who could play 3 or 6 with the Walker switch??) and Hoppa. I also think the hype around Suli is probably a little inflated. He had a good game in attack against Souths in the semi-final but also leaked points down his edge. For a guy as big as he is, I have noticed he gets dominated a fair bit when he is rucking it out of our end.

I'd rather keep him than lose him, but I don't think it'd be the end of the world if he left.

Agree, and if all 3 of Hoppa , Schuster and Ben grow well we won't be keeping a Dragons inflated price Suli.
His defense needs a LOT of work.

On last years performances he is worth about $300k .....

However, if he continues to improve like the form we say glimpses of towards the finals .... then by the end of this year he could be worth double that .....

Anyone have any idea how much he is on now at Manly ?. Guess that some of the key points on his future value naturally would be if some of his defensive reads can improve , his attacking ability is obvious but even allowing for this asset ,. probably could only rate him in the 350 - 75 k range for Manly even if does show some more improvement here . Then what fringe off contract players could be let go to help retain him . No doubt still realistic to retain all of our young guns with Schuster the priority but in Suli"s instance certainly could not match overs for him if it does come to that . Loyalty can only extend so far also but i would tend to think that his preference would be to stay if he is offered reasonable contract money .

Suli has plenty of great potential but is still very young and work in progress. He is working very hard and will be flattered at the offers that are coming. But he has been there before and big money alone was not enough in the past to get him on track and he knows that. I hope he stays he is part of the Manly family.

This is the rugby league media circle of life.
1. Off contract player wants to stay "long term"
2. Rival under performing club quotes as making a serious offer (nothing to do with making unsettled fans happy etc / an agent trying to push his fee up)

Next steps

1. More clubs being interested (gold coast for mind as well as the bulldogs which would be a nice return story)
2. Player reported as being "torn" but leaving it up to his agent (there will be no actual quotes from the player at this stage)
3. League "Journos" like the mole etc will have contrasting exclusive reports on where he will end up....boom
4. Some fans will turn on him - along the lines of we gave him a chance when no one else wanted him how dare he. All of this based on no actual quotes from the player.
5. This thread will get merged with all other Suli threads into some catchy title ala The Suli Saga
6. If he resigns with the club we will know about it sometime in 2027 (with the madatory where is the pen #next week references)

This is the rugby league media circle of life.
1. Off contract player wants to stay "long term"
2. Rival under performing club quotes as making a serious offer (nothing to do with making unsettled fans happy etc / an agent trying to push his fee up)

Next steps

1. More clubs being interested (gold coast for mind as well as the bulldogs which would be a nice return story)
2. Player reported as being "torn" but leaving it up to his agent (there will be no actual quotes from the player at this stage)
3. League "Journos" like the mole etc will have contrasting exclusive reports on where he will end up....boom
4. Some fans will turn on him - along the lines of we gave him a chance when no one else wanted him how dare he. All of this based on no actual quotes from the player.
5. This thread will get merged with all other Suli threads into some catchy title ala The Suli Saga
6. If he resigns with the club we will know about it sometime in 2027 (with the madatory where is the pen #next week references)
This is a surprisingly accurate reflection of what usually happens@:D

Mark Geyer urges Moses Suli to stay at Manly after offer from St George Illawarra Dragons

League great Mark Geyer has urged Moses Suli to re-pay the faith Manly showed in him when his NRL career appeared all but over as he comes off contract.
Foxsports.com.au broke the news on Monday that Suli was a target for the Dragons, with the Red V tabling the strike centre a three-year offer.

Geyer, however, believes that he should stick with Manly given they gave him a chance to reignite his career after he was moved on by the Tigers and the Bulldogs.

“I’ve got one message for Moses,” Geyer told Triple M. “Don’t do it. Don’t do it, Moses.

“You know what happens when you make it all about money?
“Complacency sets in, stay hungry and stay at Manly.

“He’s found his little bed [at Brookvale], lay in it for a while, until you have exorcised those demons that have seen you leave clubs pretty early in your career.

“Moses Suli came of age last year under Des Hasler. I don’t think any other club could do what Des Hasler did to Moses Suli.”

Geyer is not alone in his calls to urge Suli to stay on the northern beaches.

Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans told reporters that he wanted Suli to stay, detailing how he had taken particular pride in the player’s transformation since joining the Sea Eagles.

“I’d love for him to stay,” said Cherry-Evans.

“He played right centre outside of me for most of last year and I enjoy playing alongside him.

“It looks like he’s turned things around. He’s certainly training really well, which is a step in the right direction for his footy.”

smartest thing m.g. has ever said, i think

I'm along the same lines as most here... certainly don't want to lose him but he isn't a player we can get into a bidding war for. His upside is big if he ever really puts it together for an extended period but there's also a defensive downside with him as well as a motivational downside again potentially. He's a real roll of the dice for me and who knows which way it will go. Understand why a drowning team like the Dragons would roll the dice on him...but not sure we will.

Like I said hope he stays but......

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4