Suli off to Illawarra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark Geyer urges Moses Suli to stay at Manly after offer from St George Illawarra Dragons

League great Mark Geyer has urged Moses Suli to re-pay the faith Manly showed in him when his NRL career appeared all but over as he comes off contract.
Foxsports.com.au broke the news on Monday that Suli was a target for the Dragons, with the Red V tabling the strike centre a three-year offer.

Geyer, however, believes that he should stick with Manly given they gave him a chance to reignite his career after he was moved on by the Tigers and the Bulldogs.

“I’ve got one message for Moses,” Geyer told Triple M. “Don’t do it. Don’t do it, Moses.

“You know what happens when you make it all about money?
“Complacency sets in, stay hungry and stay at Manly.

“He’s found his little bed [at Brookvale], lay in it for a while, until you have exorcised those demons that have seen you leave clubs pretty early in your career.

“Moses Suli came of age last year under Des Hasler. I don’t think any other club could do what Des Hasler did to Moses Suli.”

Geyer is not alone in his calls to urge Suli to stay on the northern beaches.

Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans told reporters that he wanted Suli to stay, detailing how he had taken particular pride in the player’s transformation since joining the Sea Eagles.

“I’d love for him to stay,” said Cherry-Evans.

“He played right centre outside of me for most of last year and I enjoy playing alongside him.

“It looks like he’s turned things around. He’s certainly training really well, which is a step in the right direction for his footy.”

smartest thing m.g. has ever said, i think
Don’t forget MG was a huge Manly fan as a kid. Penrith had him earmarked to play for them , right after a regional carnival when he was 13 and played 5/8. I forget who the other rep side was, but I’d just played in the year below him, and none of us left the sideline to get changed. He was that good. The late Merv Cartwright made a bee-line for him after the game. Also in that side was John Cartwright, Rod Silva, David Smith (roosters).

Wasn’t it that bloke with the hair who gave him the chance? Des only taught him to play and believe.

While it was Barrett who brought him into our first grade side, Zoolander did say publicly at the end of 2018 that he only played Suli because we had an injury crisis and that otherwise he'd have been playing U/20s or SG Ball (I think it was SG. Could have been one of the other junior comps).

Under Zoolander and Fraud Ferris he was Fatboi Suli and was basically going nowhere fast, on his last chance so to speak. Under Des and Donny he's faster, fitter, more focused and is rated as one of the best young centres in the game again.

Unless another club makes him an offer he simply can't refuse and Manly can't match ... I can see Suli being a Sea Eagle for a long time to come. Especially with Des set to be the coach for at least the next 3 years.

Last edited:
While it was Barrett who brought him into our first grade side, Zoolander did say publicly at the end of 2018 that he only played Suli because we had an injury crisis and that otherwise he'd have been playing U/20s or SG Ball (I think it was SG. Could have been one of the other junior comps).

Under Zoolander and Fraud Ferris he was Fatboi Suli and was basically going nowhere fast, on his last chance so to speak. Under Des and Donny he's faster, fitter, more focused and is rated as one of the best young centres in the game again.

Unless another club makes him an offer he simply can't refuse and Manly can't match ... I can see Suli being a Sea Eagle for a long time to come. Especially with Des set to be the coach for at least the next 3 years.
Viva la des

smartest thing m.g. has ever said, i think

Geyer is a bit of a boofhead, we all know that. But every now and then he says things that remind us that he's been there, done that with rugby league and that he actually does know what he's talking about. Its rare, but it does happen.

MG would have seen a lot of players of the years, even at the clubs he played for, who were all "oh this is a great club blah blah blah. I want to stay blah blah blah". Then as soon as another club comes along with a higher money offer they'd be Jerry Maguire screaming "SHOW ME THE MONEY". And in the long run about the only thing that ever got better for them in their career was a bank balance that made for slightly better viewing.

Will Suli stay with Manly? Only time will tell I guess. But I hope he does repay the faith. No one else wanted a bar of him after his disaster at the Tigpies and Dogs. No one but Manly.

Suli will take Brad's spot and could well keep it up to the grand final, it's all about timing.
He's kept himself fit and ready, and I'm sure all our player have - Jetski, Siro (who did well tonite) Cust, these are our 'next man up' guys and they won't disappoint.

Yep, I’d prefer Suli to cover for Parker. He’s bided his time and was really good last night. Walker of course could play there but he’s doing really well at #14. He’s found his position for at least the rest of this season. Hopefully Des has learned his lesson from the last time we played Canberra. Walker started at #7 and completely overplayed his hand. Let’s just see how it plays out.

Suli will cover Parker for sure. He’s always had the skill and ability, laziness is his problem. He’ll also likely be marking a real up an comer in Matt Timoko at Canberra. Will be a good challenge for both players. We beat the raiders and we’ll make the 4 I reckon as Easts will drop one maybe 2 games coming home. I’m excited to see how Moses goes next week. And giving Brad a week or two off won’t hurt.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4