Suli off to Illawarra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Some players should NEVER leave Manly e.g. Shearer, Gibbs, and Foran. I predict Suli will go down hill at Saints, end up being dropped, and then disappear from sight. Would be a better option for him to stick with Manly with his mates, fight for his position, and earn his spot in the top team.
Suli wanted to stay, we obviously want to get our salary cap in order for next year and Suli going gives us some breathing space.
There are three centres ahead of him, let alone any young talent coming through, Manly couldn't and wouldn't pay the sort of money the Dragons offered, so best to let him go a year earlier

Let’s be fair. He’s probably one bad high tackle on Parker gone wrong away from a more permanent spot. Every game I worry more and more about the blokes longevity with head knocks. Don’t wish it upon him as I love the way he plays but it’s crazy how often people collect him high.
Agree, the bloke is a magnet

Some players should NEVER leave Manly e.g. Shearer, Gibbs, and Foran. I predict Suli will go down hill at Saints, end up being dropped, and then disappear from sight. Would be a better option for him to stick with Manly with his mates, fight for his position, and earn his spot in the top team.
Some people prefer to take the easy option

Just sayin’

However , if we are 10 pts in front with 12min to go. Who do you want out there defensively, Suli or Lawton. It's horses for courses but I want an allrounder on the bench and Lawton is better. Sure if we are behind then I'd want Suli out there if we need to chase points. In Des we trust on this one.
The way i see it is if Manly are in a close tight game more of the same off the bench is not going to break the shackles, it means Melb have our measure, our attack is not as effective as we wish and more likely Melb will win the grind.

The whole point i feel to have a high tackle count long minutes player like Jake is to remove an interchange and allow a more attacking focus on the bench.

I love what Lawton has to bring and rate him highly but i do feel just for this end of season games more punch on the sideline can break the shackles.

Some players should NEVER leave Manly e.g. Shearer, Gibbs, and Foran. I predict Suli will go down hill at Saints, end up being dropped,
And some players should never ever have come to Manly, eg Nate Myles, Martin Bella, James Hasson, Ashley Alberts, Graeme Mackay, Andy Goodway, Craig Field, let's hope Dylan Walker stays off this list.

And some players should never ever have come to Manly, eg Nate Myles, Martin Bella, James Hasson, Ashley Alberts, Graeme Mackay, Andy Goodway, Craig Field, let's hope Dylan Walker stays off this list.
Marty Bella was handy for us back in the day

In my educated eye we have depth in the position / potential with Christian T, Maybe Ben Turbo, Koula and Walker as well (given he is retained) so they saw the 550k and money that could be spent elsewhere

No good having 2 centre’s filling in bench spots , so one had to go ( Walker may or may not get an extension)
Suli would be playing in front of Parker or Harper if he was the better centre in Des’s mind , He is not even in front of Walker for bench spot
Good luck to Suli at St George
He will get more game time if he puts in the work

Manly probably made it apparent or there was some indication that his current 550 k deal would not be replicated after next season , where the Dragons were prepared to offer even a higher priced deal ongoing , so no doubt that was a factor. Also lack of game time and no Blacktown this season would have been a factor as well . Des and co have preferred the Harper - Parker combo although i am sure that Suli still is rated a run on Manly centre in some quarters . Another Manly supporter in my area thinks that he should be given a go over Harper on present form , don "t agree with that but just goes to show that he is probably not that far off a run on centre option . Manly have obviously weighed up the options in keeping him or not and have enough confidence they can have it covered with a couple of emerging prospects as well as current centres in the role , including Walker as another back up

Not sure that Martin Bella deserves to be included here. Am sure there are other more worthy, or unworthy as it were, candidates.

Suli is an exciting player and has the ability to win games. That is ok for excitement but at $550k a year it is too much for what we need. He is now on $567K a year. We could have got Matt Burton for $500K a year!!! To meet salary cap requirements we need solid gap fillers like Parker (and lesser extent Harper). We have a large % of our cap in 4 players. It is a good move he is going. I really hopes he takes the next step up and becomes the star he is capable of.

Manly probably made it apparent or there was some indication that his current 550 k deal would not be replicated after next season , where the Dragons were prepared to offer even a higher priced deal ongoing , so no doubt that was a factor.
We want the 550k off the books asap because he is not playing FG....got nothing to do with lack of any ongoing commitment at that price....we just needed him gone. You cannot pay a guy that type of coin to be a fringe player. He was signed to be a walk up start and his D meant that he was outpointed by some cheaper options and the rest is history.

I don't get the releasing him for nothing, when the Dragons management insisted on us paying $50k for Saab? At their respective points in their careers, Moses Suli would be seen as much more valuable.

Have we rolled over once again?

I don't get the releasing him for nothing, when the Dragons management insisted on us paying $50k for Saab? At their respective points in their careers, Moses Suli would be seen as much more valuable.

Have we rolled over once again?
Because we want to get rid of him. The Dragons wanted to keep Saab and he agitated for a release. We told Suli to go...that's the difference. You can't tell a guy he is free to look elsewhere and then when he lands a deal, stall it for the poor guy. Saints wanted compensation because they desperately wanted to keep Saab. We desperately want to clear 550k off the books.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8