Suli - Fit and healthy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've been one of his harshest critics for a season or more because, simply, he hasn't got the skills to be a centre.
But, tonight, he did do something I haven't seen from him before: he passed a ball.
Baby steps, baby steps . . .

I would be tempted to move Suli into the edge backrower on the right edge.. He is playing like one and we are short.
He can’t defend. We can’t put him in the forwards. I would be tempted to put him so far on the edge he’s in the stands with the punters.

Such a waste. He should be a beast, but he just isn’t.

He can’t defend. We can’t put him in the forwards. I would be tempted to put him so far on the edge he’s in the stands with the punters.

Such a waste. He should be a beast, but he just isn’t.
Yeh he has been disappointing and underperforming this season, so much potential as a game breaker.

Maybe Walker deserves to play in his preferred position at right centre and Moses on the left replacing Parker.

Foz may get the best out of him.

Yeh he has been disappointing and underperforming this season, so much potential as a game breaker.

Maybe Walker deserves to play in his preferred position at right centre and Moses on the left replacing Parker.

Foz may get the best out of him.
Yeah certainly Walker back to centre. He hasn’t been good but that is on Des not Walker so much. He just isn’t right for fullback like most on here knew would be the case.

I’d be bringing Tuipulotu in - whether to replace Garrick or Suli -he needs a shot.

Suli is a tough man to bring down with momentum, but needs to want to be that man.
Seems disillusioned and lacking desire and not Robinson Crusoe.
Some will see this as an excuse, but the truth is, apart from Paseka and Aloiai tearing through that middle third, there is zero penetration.
You can put Lattell Mitchell and Inglis in his prime outside this factor and they will be kept quiet.
The worst part with Suli atm is his head is down and does not look involved, which makes s player cold, quiet and a defensive liability...unfortunately that's the score with Suli.
Walker should immediately be back at centre and may well have capitalised on the 3 opportunities Parker was gifted off Schuster...get the Blacktown FB in there at 1, or give Harper, who trialled well, a shot therr

He's trying and is a threat in attack but we basically just throw him the ball one out and say " here beat 5 blokes and score. Its pathetic how little structure we give him. He'd be a wrecking ball if we gave him half a chance

Other side. With the exception.of Brayden Williams....not sure I've ever seen a centre play for this club who has less idea of where to position himself in defence. An absolute car crash. No clue. What does Des watch ??

He did have that really good finish to the year in 2019, but has been completely ineffective since. Just can't get over the try line, defense is awful. He personifies our present culture. Doesn't give a ****.

I loved that Marty tore him a new arsehole last week.

Everyone keeps calling for Parker to be dropped, hell even I have called for that with Walks and Suli to be the centres. However ... when is Suli actually going to step up to the plate? His defense is just plain ordinary at best, and I have never seen a centre die with the ball in hands as much as he does.

Suli is getting by on potential, but he continues to not show it. In fact, as you said he really hasn't shown it since that 70 metre try against Souffs in the 2019 Semi's. Since then he's been a 100 kg non-event.

Suli a backrower? He can’t handle six tackles a game. How does he do 20.
Let’s put Parker next to him to really make it a change.Did anyone see Hunt belt Parker one on one.. Threw him like a doll.He is woeful.

I have no idea why people think it is so easy to turn a centre into a backrower, let alone ordinary centres.The only ones who’ve made it are champions , not chumps.

Him and Parker shouldn’t be anywhere near a first grade side right now - let alone as forwards.Suli has talent and no heart. The other bloke is just totally out of his depth in everything he does.

Suli has talent but no heart while Parker has heart but little talent. One is getting by on potential and the other basically on effort. And TBH its getting to the point where neither deserves a spot in first grade.

Can we just sign a decent fullback and play Walks and Turbo in the centres?

Suli has talent but no heart while Parker has heart but little talent. One is getting by on potential and the other basically on effort. And TBH its getting to the point where neither deserves a spot in first grade.

Can we just sign a decent fullback and play Walks and Turbo in the centres?
Imagine having Alex Johnstone or Corey Allen in our side right now.

Both of whom were off contract, and looking for gigs last year.

Or imagine actually playing a guy at fullback who trained at fullback all off season, to cover the inevitable injury to Turbo.

All we are doing is drastically weakening two positions right now.

Most of the misses from suli come from the inside they are not even marking up 4 on 4 etc Cherry Evans got caught out several times turning in on the wrong defender I would say because he feels nervous about gosewski absolute shambles

Suli is not a centre; he's not skilled or savvy enough. If he is to have longevity in the NRL DESpicable should try him out as a second rower in Reserve grade. He's big enough; runs straight, can tackle if the opponent doesn't side-step....
Whether he has the fitness and constitution to be a workhorse is the issue.

Most of the misses from suli come from the inside they are not even marking up 4 on 4 etc Cherry Evans got caught out several times turning in on the wrong defender I would say because he feels nervous about gosewski absolute shambles

Suli has zero football brain and an inability to slide in defence in any direction .

Makes me wonder, what happens at training?

Who is our D fence coach? Russell Gartner.

The tale is in the tape!

Suli is in his 4th season with us, 53 games and only 9 tries. I don't have access to his offload stats, but I feel comfortable that it would be low, as well as try assists.

Parker is not too far behind with 15 tries from 66 games (6th season).

Neither are rookies any more and have to stand up and be counted.

The tale is in the tape!

Suli is in his 4th season with us, 53 games and only 9 tries. I don't have access to his offload stats, but I feel comfortable that it would be low, as well as try assists.

Parker is not too far behind with 15 tries from 66 games (6th season).

Neither are rookies any more and have to stand up and be counted.

Yeah but those 9 tries coincide with the 9 times siro actually passed the ball to him!

lol

I kid.

Suli has always been a waste of time, the only positives he offers is when he receives the ball at depth and has time to fend around defenders and the occasional decent hitup when the mood strikes him. (one or two decent running line tries per year is not enough to be seen as a line runner with purpose)

I've said it for years now, our go forward and directness is poor and it flows on to other parts of our game, losing the yardage game, lacking attacking proficiency and penetration places more pressure on our defence to aim up.

It's hard to defend with enthusiasm when you don't believe you can get out of your half easily or have points generated to warrant the effort to defend them.

I'm a fan of Foran(people here know i've rated him above DCE) but i'm not a fan of his purchase(even though he is actually doing ok at the moment relative to the lost DCE) it's just not a long term purchase with a plan.

Walker and to a lesser extent DCE have looked really good when the team has been "stable" and at or near full strength the past two years, playing with spark and speed, the money used on Foran should of been directed towards either a depth half or hooker.

We will probably lose Walker to the Dogs or a team that promises him 5/8 then we really will be lacking even more depth that can play several positions, along with a good heads up player when we play with speed.

Cust looked ok at times with some crisp flat length to his passing, allowing Manly some opportunities on the edges---why persist with Croker. Croker is an interchange player at best who occasionally has inspired moments, that is all he will ever be.

Our outside backs lack flair and natural ability, they resemble players from over a decade ago.

For the time being to get some wins and generate some confidence we need simplistic spark out of hooker(don't care if the hooker is too small and can't defend(for now) to help promote middle third directness and penetration. Long term i want a hooker who can defend also----so this is not a pro Fainu thread because i don't see him as the answer either until the team is stable and capable---then Fainu makes a difference.

Too many over-rated players in our squad----i've mentioned this many times now, all it takes is a few injuries to unearth their limits and their real baseline performance levels are exposed.

This whole "if Tom plays we win 75%", (similar with Brett in the past) line is more due to the way Manly play along with general lack of direct penetration and speed, stop looking at this stat as proof of their greatness as it is holding Manly back and making us one dimensional.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7