Succesful Season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
I'm pretty emotional and really pissed and pissed off at the moment but looking at the season as a whole I reckon we did ok. I'm talking about Manly not the NRL who are corrupt as **** or the slimey mass media or the bunker from hell but I thought our blokes are going ok...if we can play twice as good as any other team in the comp next year we're a great chance of making the eight.

1 Semi win and I would have said --- tick successful.

Losing like we did, kind of makes that hard to say we were a success. From 3rd to beaten by a piss poor team out the back door week 1 says .... nah, but next year.... yeah.

Hmmm... To be honest, I feel relief after such a poor couple of seasons. Still unsure as to how good this team is or how good Barrett is, or could be???

We did okay considering we had the odds stacked us because of the obvious agenda. I'm a mm sstsisfied butvecoevt more next year. Let BT see out his contract with some strengthening of the squad.

I believe a successful season for the players we have . We have to remember we were carrying Matai & Stewart in our cap and the question is would we have been more successful with 2 other quality players being available ? Please remember everyone our young guns are still playing and we need to support them ❤️

It was a successful year but there needs to be changes to our starting side if we are to go deep into September. The forwards had a dig again so dont really need massive changes, maybe an addition here and there. Its the centre and wing that needs attention to detail. I think you know who im talking about . All in all im pissed but looking forward to next season.

It was a successful year but there needs to be changes to our starting side if we are to go deep into September. The forwards had a dig again so dont really need massive changes, maybe an addition here and there. Its the centre and wing that needs attention to detail. I think you know who im talking about . All in all im pissed but looking forward to next season.
Taufua will be back :)

Maybe Harry .We need a winger that can compete mate , but i could sleep knowing we had jorge and Uate as our wingers. We need a centre to partner walks.
I thought Kelly was decent in that game. He defended solidly and had a go. I think another off season might help him plenty, if someone of star quality becomes available then I wouldn't resist any moves to sign them though. Matt Moylan, please come and play centre

It feels a bit like 2005 - better than expected but not up to the standard of the top teams. Some promising signs and some promising youngsters, better days are ahead and with the breaking of daylight some trolls will crawl back under their rocks very soon

I thought Kelly was decent in that game. He defended solidly and had a go. I think another off season might help him plenty, if someone of star quality becomes available then I wouldn't resist any moves to sign them though. Matt Moylan, please come and play centre
I hope kelly comes good, thats all I'll say on that. Id like Moylan also mate but not centres . Hiku would of been good to bring home .

Had some postives and negatives. Not so sure we go further up the ladder.
Both Canberra, dragons and dogs strike me as clubs who will be back.
Our go forward needs to be better
• tom too many silly errors aku got a **** error in him every game.
• blake green defence and taking on line liability -tom Wright needs to develop.
• our 2nd row is non existant.
• addin needs to start from next season our best by quite a way last night.
• kelly is getting better need to persist here defensively has improved.

Absolutely a successful year.

Look at where we started the year, missing so much salary cap and experience.
Look at where we came from last year and the team is heading in the right direction.
Would have made week 2 of the finals except for the match fixing of the refs/bunker

We need forward depth to sustain the intensity, punch and aggression, eventually another half as Green is a composed mature very smart player who is filling a role while the team is in development. (sort of in the same team stage as when Monas was playing)

We need forward depth to sustain the intensity, punch and aggression, eventually another half as Green is a composed mature very smart player who is filling a role while the team is in development. (sort of in the same team stage as when Monas was playing)
Young Sipley from the warriors looks good , young and big . Watched him 2 weeks ago and think he'll push 1st grade.

It feels a bit like 2005 - better than expected but not up to the standard of the top teams. Some promising signs and some promising youngsters, better days are ahead and with the breaking of daylight some trolls will crawl back under their rocks very soon
My thoughts all season. Although the final game felt more like the 2006 loss to SGI than the 2005 effort against Faecalmatta.

Overall it has been a successful year. We made the top 8. Almost top 4. I think there is a lot we can build on for 2018. Consistency is key. Hope the boys rest up and train hard and we can pick up some astute buys.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4