Succesful Season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How can it be viewed as anything other than sucessful?
We were written off by every expert before a ball was kicked.. No way in the world we were making the 8.. Most had us closer to the spoon than the finals..

Fact is, not only did we make the finals, at one stage we were considered a top 4 team...

I myself had us as a 10-12 placed team..
So to come 6th is an absolute success in my opinion

To make the finals with this squad is a big achievement. We were effectively down 2 players from game 1 and we had a young and inexperienced roster. Next year will be a different challenge, they will be expected to do better and there will be pressure to improve on this season. I am just so happy to see us competitive again after a couple of very ordinary seasons.

Tough question. Before the season started I probably would have been happy with a top 8 finish. However having seen what the team was capable of at it's best you'd have to say that we've come up short. The inconsistency of performance has been very disappointing. Not sure if that is a coaching issue or a lack of on field leadership - or combo of both. We should have finished top 4 - but we just couldn't find that next gear and limped into semis.

I think the team played above their capacity for most of the year and we limped into the finals because there still heaps of things to work on.

We won tight games against Canberra and the Warriors twice, and the Knights. We lost to Souths and St George. None of the those clubs featured in the finals. We dominated the Roosters and Sharks but lost to all the other tops teams. Those wins can imply that we are somehow at that level, or realistically, they are the wins that teams finishing 6th, 7th or 8th have to have every year but are unable to do consistently against all the top sides. I think it shows that we simply played with a lot of ticker but just aren't at the level of the really good teams yet.

For that reason, I have to say we finished where we deserved and that was better than expected, so it's a successful season.

Pretty happy,despite last nites game. As others said. Add in matai stewart and tufua , we would be real threats.losing 3 backline players and having no goalkickerrooted us from the start.

Good year because we got to the finals with $1,000,000 in salary cap sitting on the sideline (well, up north and in bleak city).

Successful season, but can't shake the feeling that we blew certain opportunity that could've made September a different proposition.

Lots to work on in the off season, hopefully the taste of finals, has whet the appetite of our squad.

Hopefully some shrewd purchases, more depth and rookies applying what they have learnt will see us improve next year.

Tweaks to structures, coaching and game management are also required. But we have the bones and some of the flesh of a very good team.

Last edited:
After sitting through the first couple of home games v Parra/Souffs and thinking we are set for the spoon getting into 6th spot was a successful season!

Like others I think we finished a week or 2 too early for my liking but hoping all the young blokes live and learn and the pain of last nights defeat drives them even further next year!

Go Manly

I believe a successful season for the players we have . We have to remember we were carrying Matai & Stewart in our cap and the question is would we have been more successful with 2 other quality players being available ? Please remember everyone our young guns are still playing and we need to support them ❤️

But who have we signed to replace Stewart + Matai for next season? If we roll around with the same squad next year I don't think we are going to see huge improvement. We just don't have the cattle, we don't have the depth. We had a pretty injury free season from our key players. If we had lost any of Jake/Tommy/Taupau/DCE for an extended period this season I doubt we would have made the 8.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8