Suburban Upgrades (ie us) torpedoed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually love this concept:

Screenshot_20220803-085229_Samsung Internet.jpg

Me too. But it’ll never happen because if we leave it up to the outcome of a series the NRL can’t play the NSW and Qld govts off against each other for the best deal…
But they can control the refereeing of said game 😉

Wouldn 't even more substantial upgrades to home grounds like Parra and Penrith largely qualify as a form of Gov . rorting and under new proposed guidelines have some unlawful overtones and aspects associated with it . Or are we going to revert back to the inconsistency is over rated line again .

None of the grounds should be upgraded including Penrith not until the State Government sort out the mess our heath system is in.

That was actually one of the issues that helped Labor win the SA state election a few months back. The health system in South Australia is in bad need of a complete overhaul (its now slowly getting it. Slowly). Yet the then state government Liberal Party wanted to spend over $700+ million on a 15,000 seat indoor arena that isn't needed (seriously, we rarely ever fill the 11,000 capacity Adelaide Entertainment Centre).

Choosing to back plans for the arena rather than using the money attempting to fix the states health system was a big factor in Liberal losing the state election.

One of the effects of the pandemic was that it exposed just how overworked, under staffed and under-resourced the health system really is in this country.

That was actually one of the issues that helped Labor win the SA state election a few months back. The health system in South Australia is in bad need of a complete overhaul (its now slowly getting it. Slowly). Yet the then state government Liberal Party wanted to spend over $700+ million on a 15,000 seat indoor arena that isn't needed (seriously, we rarely ever fill the 11,000 capacity Adelaide Entertainment Centre).

Choosing to back plans for the arena rather than using the money attempting to fix the states health system was a big factor in Liberal losing the state election.

One of the effects of the pandemic was that it exposed just how overworked, under staffed and under-resourced the health system really is in this country.
The govt would have more success with this argument if they canned the Penrith stadium as well. But this argument is not sustainable when they are reneging on a $150M stadium investment across 3 stadiums while simultaneously sticking with a $300M stadium upgrade for the stadium in the (at the time of the decision) sports minister's seat.

We were never getting the money anybody who believed it can't read a room. The way the Perrottet crew are going at the moment they are no chance of re election and the other bloke has no desire to spend money on football stadiums.

PVL thinks he is on a winner with threats to move the gf most people in the public are more worried about hospitals, schools etc not wasting money on suburban football grounds.

People are living in cars (if they are lucky) with the rental crisis on top of the floods, covid and inflation so no government should be funding new football stadiums.

Penrith's should be stopped now also so PVL piss off to qld they are dopey enough to pay you for the gf than good luck.
When are those spending priorities you referred to (hospitals, roads, housing, infrastructure etc) NOT a priority. I don't recall a time when everyone agreed we had enough hospitals, or that our roads were finally good enough. Point is, these spending needs are ALWAYS there, and you're ALWAYS going to get naysayers who poo poo the idea of spending on sporting infrastructure. So what? Do we just never spend anything on sports - because it's sports and not a hospital??!! You're undervaluing the benefits that elite sports (and others that use these facilities) brings to society. What's more, we pay a shed load of tax in order to allow for a wide variety of funding initiatives - including what I would call idiotic things like a $25 mil flag pole. I know that's been canned for now but the point is money gets spend by the millions everywhere. We have had **** all spent on Brooky by the state govt for decades. So when does it ever happen. Or do we just give them the easy out with the "oh road, hospitals, floods, covid, blah blah blah" excuse.

Time to look at buying Rat Park.

Then again, its not as if we ever see Brookie sold out before kickoff. Just accept Brookie is what it is and enjoy it.

I still think taking one Manly game to Homebush (or even the new SFS?) every year and working hard to sell it out as annual Sea Eagles celebration day festival, brings as much income as 12 home games at Brookie.

Same model as many of the England RU clubs do, take one game to Twickenham and sell it out. Their home grounds are no better or bigger than Brookie.
Don't agree. It's all very well to say 'let's just accept it and live with it', but what happens when the NRL turns around and says "sorry, Brookvale Oval is now no longer up to NRL standard so you can't play any games there"?? Then what?? Are you gunna travel over to SFS every 'home' game at 7pm on a Thursday or Friday, or on a busy weekend. Perhaps you can ride a bike because the car parking is non-existent as we all know and catching public transport is a **** fight at best. So then our 'home' crowds numbers go through the floor and before you know it, we're being told perhaps the Sea Eagles should become the Perth Sea Eagles?? Think I'm exaggerating. Think again. We've been merged once before and it won't take much for the haters to pile on again.

PS - Ayres has just resigned / stepped down / was pushed - gone.
Hallelujah! My old man lives in the Penrith electorate. Not a conversion goes by, that Ayres name is not tossed in. (What gets me the old man rants at me like it’s my fault he’s in power!…I suppose when you’re about to hit 80 that’s what you do).
So I should be expecting a call shortly (he’ll probably ask me why I took so long to oust him. :p).

I get the feeling PV’L isn’t reading this very well, he is still threatening to take the GF to hillbillyville; reading the newspapers there’s a lot of folk applauding the Premier for getting on with first managing the interests of NSW, as a whole, by redirecting the money and being mindful of the State’s balance sheet.

Big news PV’L, Dom is a politician who needs to get his government re-elected, ask yourself which will win him the most votes, money to a small number of stadiums for the benefit of a relative few and the profitable NRL, who are contributing zero capital to the rebuild/ upgrades and with not as much appreciation from the NRL about the new SFS/chook’s home ground as they’d probably like to hear, or putting the money into the community generally for the ever hungry hospital, schools, road and transport, etc. sectors, all at a time when his government has shed 2 ministers in bad circumstances and there’s other crises(flood repairs, etc.) that require attention and money. Stamping your feet and holding your breath to get want you believe you were promised, probably isn’t going to work this time, and it’s very tin eared at present.

As much as I’d like to have a new stadium, we’ve got buckley’s of getting it built at present and IMO, all PV’L is doing is further entrenching opposition to the stadium upgrades and the GF is probably going of north of the border for this year at least.

I get the feeling PV’L isn’t reading this very well, he is still threatening to take the GF to hillbillyville; reading the newspapers there’s a lot of folk applauding the Premier for getting on with first managing the interests of NSW, as a whole, by redirecting the money and being mindful of the State’s balance sheet.

Big news PV’L, Dom is a politician who needs to get his government re-elected, ask yourself which will win him the most votes, money to a small number of stadiums for the benefit of a relative few and the profitable NRL, who are contributing zero capital to the rebuild/ upgrades and with not as much appreciation from the NRL about the new SFS/chook’s home ground as they’d probably like to hear, or putting the money into the community generally for the ever hungry hospital, schools, road and transport, etc. sectors, all at a time when his government has shed 2 ministers in bad circumstances and there’s other crises(flood repairs, etc.) that require attention and money. Stamping your feet and holding your breath to get want you believe you were promised, probably isn’t going to work this time, and it’s very tin eared at present.

As much as I’d like to have a new stadium, we’ve got buckley’s of getting it built at present and IMO, all PV’L is doing is further entrenching opposition to the stadium upgrades and the GF is probably going of north of the border for this year at least.
What you said is true but $300 million to build Penrith stadium stinks. If no other stadiums can get funds let's pull the funds from Penrith stadium and redirect them to hospitals, schools, roads and flood victims. That way no one wins from NRL land and the public get the money for more important things. 👍

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4