Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 8
AAMI Park
26 May 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Des is sponsored by elmo, I think he should do all his interviews in Elmo's voice.

Go Manly!
1653530729535.png

Elmo makes more sense than Des in interviews !
Honestly I can’t remember the last time I understood what he was trying to say - unless he is different with the players , gee I’d hate to be coached under him if he uses his interview techniques that are totally confusing.

I’d be surprised if Des threw Weekes in. AAMI park is one of the more intimidating grounds (spurred on by that relentless bloody cowbell) and the Storm at home can be fierce. Plus I’m not sure that the playing group would be thrilled by Jorge being named then dropped. He’s a much loved member of the 30.
Weekes may get a shot at some point but I can’t imagine it’ll be tonight.

Elmo makes more sense than Des in interviews !
Honestly I can’t remember the last time I understood what he was trying to say - unless he is different with the players , gee I’d hate to be coached under him if he uses his interview techniques that are totally confusing.

There is a difference between a great coach and one who is good with interviews feathered friend

Barrett is great with interviews and a not a good coach

Des is a Great coach and a not good with interviews

There is a difference between a great coach and one who is good with interviews feathered friend

Barrett is great with interviews and a not a good coach

Des is a Great coach and a not good with interviews
Des would be happiest if he was never interviewed at all. Uppermost in his mind is not to give away anything at all, which obviously as fans is frustrating but his motive is to avoid giving even a tiny advantage to the opposition.
I doubt there are any ums and ahs when he is in door-ripping mode!

Des would be happiest if he was never interviewed at all. Uppermost in his mind is not to give away anything at all, which obviously as fans is frustrating but his motive is to avoid giving even a tiny advantage to the opposition.
Well said !

I am always amused with his interviews . Very quirky and eccentrictly entertaining

Sitting at Darwin airport waiting for our flight to leave ( we are a bit early as it doesn’t leave for a few hours ) we don’t arrive in Brisbane until 6.30pm so by the time we get home the game will be on and I’ll probably miss at least the first half.

That may well be a good thing.

Cannot see a win tonight but just like last week at least hope for a fight to the bitter end.

I liked when he was asked today about his 'comments' re the cheating ref, he said: "I can't remember what I said."

lulz

Sitting at Darwin airport waiting for our flight to leave ( we are a bit early as it doesn’t leave for a few hours ) we don’t arrive in Brisbane until 6.30pm so by the time we get home the game will be on and I’ll probably miss at least the first half.

That may well be a good thing.

Cannot see a win tonight but just like last week at least hope for a fight to the bitter end.
Have a safe trip home feathered friend

A win by us tonight would be out of the ordinary as you say

But if we play extraordinary footy that our star players are capable of

We can fly away from Melbourne with a win

I’d be surprised if Des threw Weekes in. AAMI park is one of the more intimidating grounds (spurred on by that relentless bloody cowbell) and the Storm at home can be fierce. Plus I’m not sure that the playing group would be thrilled by Jorge being named then dropped. He’s a much loved member of the 30.
Weekes may get a shot at some point but I can’t imagine it’ll be tonight.
Ahhh just thrown him in to the lions, tonight. May as well get the emotional scarring early in his life to make him battle hardened as soon as possible.

It’ll be really interesting how we are treated tonight after Des lost his ****.

It could be better or even uglier !!
You can bet this week will be uglier. The ref pack won't take to kindly to Des and his opinions this week.

Wouldn't surprise me on bit if it's
Storm 7-2 penalty count win
Six agains 6-2 storm win

And our 2 six agains token at the start and none for the rest of the game.

We won't get any favours tonight.

I just heard the game will start late as the bus has broken down with flat tyres because VIC police laid road spikes in the path of the bus. Road assist can't attend scene for 2 hours because of the traffic chaos and getting big tyres to the scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8