Storm game ideas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wooden spoons are a good idea, maybe we could all take some brown paper bags with dollar signs painted on them as well.....

I kinda like Dire Straits "Money For Nothing" song in regards to no points, or maybe changing the words eg for Inglis "I want my free boat, i want my free boat, i want my free boat Now"... sad i know - I'll have another wine while I get ready to watch the game...

The silent treatment is unlikely to work as huge areas of the ground will more than likely be "booing" them as they run out (as happens with most teams but I'm figuring that the Storm will get heaps) and hopefully this will come over loud on the coverage.

I'm hearing lots from people all over about taking wooden spoons so will be interesting and it's likely we will have a bumper crowd so for those going I'd reccomend getting your tickets in advance if you don't have one already and getting in to the ground early.

Gee...I really really hope we win this one.

Just a note for those who missed it...
"The third Sea Eagles post match function will be held at the Manly Leagues club this Saturday. The Sea Eagles 2010 NRL and Toyota cup players will be in attendance, with a select number of NRL players available for an autograph session. The function will kick off at 8.00pm with players to arrive after their post game recovery."

Good chance for people to meet the coaching staff and the players and pass on words of wisdom.

How many do you reckon will be there on Saturday - I feel Mondays loss would have cut the crowd from 18K to less than 15k.

i would urge everyone to buy up on wooden spoons and if you see a manly supporter who doesnt have one give them away
I've got 20 painted but im buy another 20 tonight to give away
Im planning to walk around the fence and hand them out

Vidmar you dont think security are going to have dramas with all these spoons

The Wheel link said:
How many do you reckon will be there on Saturday - I feel Mondays loss would have cut the crowd from 18K to less than 15k.

We have a shocking record with Robbo at full back and I fear a bad result against the storm.  They have noithing to lose and will  

Yep keep the spoons coming.

Simple but effective.

When you are all finished, post them down here to Melbourne and I will make a massive pile of them outside their training headquarters. 

The Wheel link said:

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think we'll get close to 20K.

Cambo link said:
i would urge everyone to buy up on wooden spoons and if you see a manly supporter who doesnt have one give them away

I'd not be waving them around too much when going in mate

Just received a call from Norths to say that they have 15,000 wooden spoons available.  Apparantly they bought them in bulk for future use.

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=184369.msg281665#msg281665 date=1280966382]

I'd not be waving them around too much when going in mate
[/quote]

Just tell security you will need the spoon for the pies you will be buying at half time as they are generally more like soup & pastry than a real pie with meat

Yes I'd hide the spoons in your coat and hand them out once inside....I have a feeling the security guys will be stronger in presence at this game as they'll be expecting problems.

ALSO

I do hope that NO ONE takes this out on any Storm supporter, those poor bastards have copped hell and whilst normally we'd give it to them I think this is one time we should't (about this issue).

As for on field stuff and singing to them as they walk out losers...that's fine....but just think about if this (imagine if it had been our team) before slagging off at them, they have copped enough and it wasn't theor fault.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I do hope that NO ONE takes this out on any Storm supporter, those poor bastards have copped hell and whilst normally we'd give it to them I think this is one time we should't (about this issue).

As for on field stuff and singing to them as they walk out losers...that's fine....but just think about if this (imagine if it had been our team) before slagging off at them, they have copped enough and it wasn't theor fault.

Thats right Mark, there season is screwed but if they roll us ours could very well be too! Don't give them any extra return ammo!

I have no problem with a waving of spoons, or a show of silence....but after that we should just cheer for our team and boo them (as usual).

They will have enough ammo against us already, as I said earlier they will have marked this game down since day one of this fiasco as 'the one' to win.

So I expect all guns blazing, and as we have seen let a couple of converted tries in during the first 10 mins and it's "goodnight Irene"

I'll be very surprised to see any Storm supporters. I can understand them turning out in Melbourne, but not in hostile territory when they have nothing to gain from a win.
Having said that, it seems that Melbourne have their strongest team on the field - no resting players this week.
I can't get the insipid performances of our team against Newcastle and Canberra out of my head, so my expectations for a competitive match are very low. But I'll be on the hill regardless, and hoping the team plays its hardest, even if it doesn't result in a win.
I reckon if we fans 'turn up' then that is the least the players can do.

Agree 110% Barry, as I have said in other threads they will have been targeting this game as their "2010 Grand Final"...they will want to win like never before, and our team will need a "Grand Final performance" to overcome them.

Based on what I saw Monday I have very low expectations, so come on boys prove me wrong!!

hey so what did you`s all come up with i didnt watch the game just listend to it on radio..  did you`s turn your backs on them  when they ran on,  was there many wooden spoons around the ground ??? fill me in lol..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8