Storm game ideas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Okay, I'm envious of the people who can get to Brookie to five it to these cheating vermin. We can't miss them, and we need to do better than Eels and Raiders as we have suffered the most from their dishonesty.

So this thread is about banners, chants, sledging and other actions to needle these mongrels and get media attention on the injustices we suffered at the expense of their cheating in 07 and 09. And we can't let them forget 08!

Ideas?

Can I ask people to consider putting www.Silvertails.net on any new banners?

A banner with "any rort in a Storm"

Would be far too hard to organize but it would be great if the crowd went silent when they ran on to the filed and when they got to the middle everyone yelled out 40 nil.

Silver Spoons, Wooden Spoons - Same Difference.
Spoon FED!
To the cheats go the spoils (underneath have two wooden spoons).
Cheats Never Prosper - 40-Nill (underneath it).

the best one i have seen this year. Slater is a ****.

Do you know the pity about this is I reckon the Storm will be more "up" for this game than any other game this year, they will have targeted this game for months as the one they want to win.

They would want nothing more from the game than to deny us a place in the finals, or at least the top 4.

And as much as I LOVE the idea of banners, spoons ect I just wonder does that give them more ammunition?

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Do you know the pity about this is I reckon the Storm will be more \"up\" for this game than any other game this year, they will have targeted this game for months as the one they want to win.

They would want nothing more from the game than to deny us a place in the finals, or at least the top 4.

And as much as I LOVE the idea of banners, spoons ect I just wonder does that give them more ammunition?

I agree Mark, we should just let it go and do our talking on the field. It's way past time to lose the 40-Nil chants.

GJ link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184369.msg279828#msg279828 date=1280449318]
Do you know the pity about this is I reckon the Storm will be more \"up\" for this game than any other game this year, they will have targeted this game for months as the one they want to win.

I agree Mark, we should just let it go and do our talking on the field. It's way past time to lose the 40-Nil chants.
[/quote]

You are kidding? Those cheats have robbed us of a premiership and rorted the comp for the last 4-5 yrs.

Don't worry about those cheats firing up. Our boys will be ready and waiting for whatever those scum can throw at them.

Bag the absolute crap out of Bellyache and his team of cheats come game day. Spoons and banners are a MUST.

i just know had we been in the same situation we would be paying out all the teams giving us **** , i know we wouldnt like it, so why do it to someone else, they have been embarassed  lets move on..

who cares we won the next yr with a record score  & beat them while they were cheating,, we arent parra desperate to get the 07 by default,, had we lost both my arguements would be different,, but we beat em while they were rorting..

jjai, we are not in the same situation. We won our premiership fair and square. Give them hell I say.

yeah i know WAM but whens it going to end they  fukd up lets move on..  if you noticed i rarely commented on any of the salary cap crap regarding storm in threads on MWSE site & on here.. after 1 day i was sick off  it all 

I feel rorted.
In 2007, I travelled from Perth to Sydney every week of the finals (incl the grand final).
That's several thousands of $$ that I feel I was robbed of.

Yes jjai, it's a free country and we can all have our opinions on this but for me, I choose to hold a grudge on this one.

WAMF link said:
I feel rorted.
In 2007, I travelled from Perth to Sydney every week of the finals (incl the grand final).
That's several thousands of $$ that I feel I was robbed of.

Yes jjai, it's a free country and we can all have our opinions on this but for me, I choose to hold a grudge on this one.
if i look at it that way WAM i guess you do have a bone to pick with them regarding the dollars you spent in 07 for a  the grandfinal only to be told 3yrs later they cheated the cap that yr..    so yeah im just going to sit on the fence..

Maybe a barrage of fried chicken wings , as they come off the team bus.....wrestling masks , wooden spoons......lets not forget the grub Smith's comments after the 2007 GF , when as captain of the kangaroos ( If i recall correctly ) , joked about stewarts head shot / health ....the disgusting thing about his comments ? - our boy brett was a team member of the same f-in side....national capt. giving smart ar$e comments whilst under the weather days after - you smith are a f-in FILTH......and he reckons he didnt realise he signed 2 contracts with differing amounts....GIVE THIS LYING PRICK HELL....oh , slater and the sliding tackles feet first ?.....

Ideally Melbourne run out first greeted with dead silence - no boo's or chants, the sound of the crickets in the background and the cars on Pittwater Road the only noise to be heard.

The players look at each other then to the crowd when in unison 18,000 Manly fans hold up a wooden spoon each.

At least 5 minutes later the Manly boys run out to 18,000 cheering fans and Eagle Rock going at full volume.

The silence idea would be great and a first...we cant even get the whole crowd to join in chants etc ,  the silence would be too hard to acheive...sick of the golf clapping coming from the grand stands..( ps - arko stand excluded , at least they start a few chants as well.)

ConcernedSupporter link said:
Ideally Melbourne run out first greeted with dead silence - no boo's or chants, the sound of the crickets in the background and the cars on Pittwater Road the only noise to be heard.

The players look at each other then to the crowd when in unison 18,000 Manly fans hold up a wooden spoon each.

At least 5 minutes later the Manly boys run out to 18,000 cheering fans and Eagle Rock going at full volume.

Even better, everyone turns their back to the back to Storm when they run out. They are confronted with a wall of silence and a sea of peoples backs. That'll give them the message.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=ConcernedSupporter link=topic=184369.msg279871#msg279871 date=1280458652]

Even better, everyone turns their back to the back to Storm when they run out. They are confronted with a wall of silence and a sea of peoples backs. That'll give them the message.
[/quote]

Ahh yes I see where you're going with this C&C but I like the idea of the crowd eyeballing the players (from a distance)

To do something like that would take a LOT of work, you'd have to man every gate ( and and have lots of people doing it) and have people handing out a "be quiet until our boys run out" sheet of paper and telling them to be quiet....and you just won't get every person, so it might fail...BUT gee it would send the most powerful message of all the Sydney games they have attended, and it would certainly be noted on Foxsports. And yes turning their backs to the players as they ran out would add to this.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6