Stop the Whiners in Manly Daily

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
quinny said:
Just because you keep repeating something, doesn't mean it's correct.

You can say this to Byso but it will make not one iota of difference to his conduct. Woof, woof.

quinny said:
byso said:
So you wanted to wait untill he made his way to the ball boys before the penny dropped?

No use tangling with this lover's tryst...are they the same person :)
Talk about flogging a dead horse, they have written 100 comments geared to exactly the same point of view. Just because you keep repeating something, doesn't mean it's correct. Now all we need is the travel agent to agree, and tell us how "informed" he is, and we can all smile and nod our heads in unison.

I'm glad the emails were leaked, if only to shut the incessant droning of the bulldogs faithful.

One thing I have always enjoyed about this site (and hopefully we won't lose it) You can agree to disagree, whether your a mod an owner or just one of the unwashed herd, like myself...in saying that I do miss some of Cambo's late night humour.

Who cares that the emails were leaked. There is obviously an agenda against the Manly club that is evident in the non stop barrage of negative press we get from Dean Richie and news ltd press. Which is worse? an unsubstantiated rumour about anything and everything to do with our club, written in an article to make it sound like its gospel or leaking an email that has some truth to it. I would say the former. We needed some way of getting our side of the story across even though it is unethical so are the oppositions tactics.

This would have gone to court if that article hadn't got the main points across. Des would have taken the club for defamation of character. However, he didn't and he hasn't so I'm thinking that, yes they didn't show the whole email, but they got all the points across without having to.

For example, the incident of Des standing outside the staffers house for 2 hours wasn't in an email. It was word of mouth. The Zorba comment was in the 2010 Season Review report. The onlt problem I see here is it was taken out of context. However, you don't ever joke about that stuff in a yearly review session...ever!!

Ramrod said:
Does anyone know those people who keep writing into the Manly Daily and bitching about the Board? Tell them to stop now.

lol - this is really a very funny post, which is handy, I needed cheering up.

Matabele said:
quinny said:

You can say this to Byso but it will make not one iota of difference to his conduct. Woof, woof.

Yet again you find a way of not replying to a simply comment.

"So you wanted to wait untill he made his way to the ball boys before the penny dropped?"

Just trying to understand when you would of thought it was the right time to get rid of Hasler.

byso said:
Matabele said:
quinny said:

"So you wanted to wait untill he made his way to the ball boys before the penny dropped?"

Just trying to understand when you would of thought it was the right time to get rid of Hasler.

Not all of us believe revisionist history and selective leaks build a compelling picture of Hasler as a wrecker. Given his achievements with the club I give him a greater benefit of the doubt than some here.

The Board have leaked Lowe's assessment of Hasler to somehow suggest he was problematic for the club. Only problem is, it didn't stop them pursuing him for the next 12 months, did it?

As late as 23 September Reilly was quoted as saying:

(I) "acknowledge the outstanding role Des Hasler has played in the Club as player and coach and his importance to the future of our great club. Both Boards are working with Penn Sport and the Quantum Group to secure a long-term extension of Des Hasler's coaching contract with the Sea Eagles."

Matabele said:
byso said:
Matabele said:
quinny said:

Not all of us believe revisionist history and selective leaks build a compelling picture of Hasler as a wrecker. Given his achievements with the club I give him a greater benefit of the doubt than some here.

The Board have leaked Lowe's assessment of Hasler to somehow suggest he was problematic for the club. Only problem is, it didn't stop them pursuing him for the next 12 months, did it?

(I) "acknowledge the outstanding role Des Hasler has played in the Club as player and coach and his importance to the future of our great club. Both Boards are working with Penn Sport and the Quantum Group to secure a long-term extension of Des Hasler's coaching contract with the Sea Eagles."

The truth is somewhere in between, not for a moment do I believe Hasler is innocent or the board and co. it is naive to think otherwise!

Matabele said:
byso said:
Matabele said:
quinny said:

Mata, Fair enough you feel not all the info has been revealed.

But all you have is fleeting comments from Hasler suggesting that the board is creating issues. Did he make these to help soften the blow for himself to the fans after he got his big offer from the dogs. Who knows.

Anyhow I guess you dont want to go past the fact he was let go in the first place, therefore you would of answered the question.

I guess the releasing of the information was obviously released to show the supporters and sponsors that not is all is what it seemed with Dessie.

Matabele said:
byso said:
Matabele said:
quinny said:

Knowing how close the friendship between Graeme Hughes and Graham Lowe is, I sent Hughes an email requesting him that he get G Lowe on his radio program and ask two questions. Hughes said on his radio program on Tuesday that he had already asked Lowe (1). Was he against extending Haslers contract. He said Lowes answer was no. And (2). Was it true that Des called Zorba unprofessional and said he shouldn't be here. He said Lowe confirmed this.
How would Hasler criticising Zorba via an email to Graham Lowe make the board not want to re-sign him? You would be one of the people crying the loudest if the board came out and said they were not looking at extending Hasler's contract because 'we have an email from him criticising Peter Peters.'
The board actually gave Des what he wanted and punted Zorba.
The rest of the leaked info was to do with the reasons Manly sacked Des. So your point really makes no sense.

anthonyb1965 said:
The truth is somewhere in between, not for a moment do I believe Hasler is innocent or the board and co. it is naive to think otherwise!
What is with 'innocent'? This is not about guilt or innocence, it is not about salvation or damnation. There has been a dramatic and painful and publicly humiliating change within our club, that goes specifically to the heart of the footballing operation. (And it is a football club!)

The issue is (as some have colourfully portrayed it), 'Has the cancer been excised?'

Desmond is scapegoat of the month. The absurdity of painting Des as a cancer in the ranks ought to be a non sequitur. Nonetheless, that is what is put forward by the board in defence of the board and that is what has been swallowed, by significant sections of this forum at least.

The fact that Des is not 'innocent' and may not be a realistic candidate for canonisation this century should not obscure the other more pertinent issue for those of us that remain committed Sea Eagles. Namely, is there a problem with the club ownership structure? Is there a problem with the composition of the board? Do these things have anything to do with us losing a dual premiership winning coach, who was a Manly icon, and who remains loved by the current championship crop of Manly players?

Well … is there? I don't know, but surely that is the issue, rather than whether or not Des is 'innocent'.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
anthonyb1965 said:
What is with 'innocent'? This is not about guilt or innocence, it is not about salvation or damnation. There has been a dramatic and painful and publicly humiliating change within our club, that goes specifically to the heart of the footballing operation. (And it is a football club!)

The issue is (as some have colourfully portrayed it), 'Has the cancer been excised?'

Desmond is scapegoat of the month. The absurdity of painting Des as a cancer in the ranks ought to be a non sequitur. Nonetheless, that is what is put forward by the board in defence of the board and that is what has been swallowed, by significant sections of this forum at least.

The fact that Des is not 'innocent' and may not be a realistic candidate for canonisation this century should not obscure the other more pertinent issue for those of us that remain committed Sea Eagles. Namely, is there a problem with the club ownership structure? Is there a problem with the composition of the board? Do these things have anything to do with us losing a dual premiership winning coach, who was a Manly icon, and who remains loved by the current championship crop of Manly players?

Well … is there? I don't know, but surely that is the issue, rather than whether or not Des is 'innocent'.

SE8, my remarks do not in any way condem Dessie for his role as a Manly Legendary Player or Legendary Manly Coach!! Was he "innocent" in coercing Manly staff to the Bulldogs? Who knows but neither he, or the board are "cleanskins" in this, IMO.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Still none have denied it ...

I'm not commenting on the Manly Daily website.

byso said:
Matabele said:
byso said:
Matabele said:
quinny said:

Mata, Fair enough you feel not all the info has been revealed.

But all you have is fleeting comments from Hasler suggesting that the board is creating issues. Did he make these to help soften the blow for himself to the fans after he got his big offer from the dogs. Who knows.

Anyhow I guess you dont want to go past the fact he was let go in the first place, therefore you would of answered the question.

I guess the releasing of the information was obviously released to show the supporters and sponsors that not is all is what it seemed with Dessie.

In the end Byso I think you hold Hasler to a higher standard than I do and I hold the Board to a higher standard than you do. And I very much doubt we'll manage to find a common ground. So to keep trawling over it, and to ask the same questions and hear the same arguments over and over again just gets tiresome for everyone.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
anthonyb1965 said:

SER8, you and I have clashed at times over the years but you make abundant sense here.

Mata. You are the master of not getting to the point.

Hence the reason for asking the question. Over and over again.

[/quote]
SER8, you and I have clashed at times over the years but you make abundant sense here.

[/quote]

Abundant sense or the obvious??

byso said:
Mata. You are the master of not getting to the point.

Hence the reason for asking the question. Over and over again.

I think I've answered enough. It's hard coming up with news ways to answer the same old.

Matabele said:

Don't worry, I suspect we have quite different views on the solution to the board issue.

Meanwhile, I am more concerned with the 'revisionist' rewriting of history on this site by the increasing rate of censorship by removal of entire threads. A disturbing trend. Reminiscent of another forum I once frequented shortly before its final demise...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6